Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Minikin/Ultimate/Beyond/wrong staff gives 800-1550 AOE damage Cataclysms. Obviously this isn't the best DD setup, but it is a very popular Atma setup for SMN. Throw the dark damage magian staff on there and swap Minikin for Cosmos. Then use Diabolos for Dream Shroud and macro in all your MAB gear. I think 2500 damage is possible.

Lastly, be sure to use Reraise, because you're not going to survive it.
    (0)

Ideally I'd want /SAM to give Cataclysm for better TP building and Cataclysm. (Even though I can survive on my 1.5k Garlands Bliss if I'm not allowed to AOE)
    (0)

Character
    Taliesn
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    @Dallas
    Hehehe sounds like fun I'm going to give it a try! You must build TP at a glacial pace without regain atma though

I think JagerForrester hit the nail on the head in his first post as to why SMN don't have these WS but I'd like to see us get them anyway^^
    (0)

Player
    Not so slow even with /WHM, I use OA4 Yantok +2 and full haste gear with or without Minikin. I'm at 250% TP before I can find a safe place to use Cataclysm. Enmity is my limiting factor.

I get much better overall performance with physical pact Atma builds. I've seen Spirit Taker return 300-700 MP at 100% TP (take that, Myrkr). It also creates a much closer balance between smn and pet. I can only imagine what catastrophe awaits me if I ever go back and switch to /SAM.

Cataclysm is beautiful, but it is totally wrong for any staff wielding job.
    (0)

Player
    whm main weapon so you call it may be club in terms of DDing but again how often is whm dding (abyssea hexa strike proc pretty much, unless you like going out and messing around as winja), but lets be honest 99% of the time what weapon does a whm have equiped? Surya's staff +2 > Dryiad / healing staff > apollo's staff. So really my WHM mains staff. Only time i have a club on is for hexa proc or idle in owl eyes
    (0)
    Last edited by Superchicken; 03-16-2011 at 03:52 AM.

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    I think JagerForrester hit the nail on the head in his first post as to why SMN don't have these WS but I'd like to see us get them anyway^^
    I think you mean my 2nd post (#9) when I mentioned SE wanted players to explore job combination. But then I guess I answered it in #4 with the simple answer of subbing.

Eh, ego +1. Thank you for the skillup!
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Superchicken View Post
    whm main weapon so you call it may be club in terms of DDing but again how often is whm dding (abyssea hexa strike proc pretty much, unless you like going out and messing around as winja), but lets be honest 99% of the time what weapon does a whm have equiped? Surya's staff +2 > Dryiad / healing staff > apollo's staff. So really my WHM mains staff. Only time i have a club on is for hexa proc or idle in owl eyes
    That's fair, but would you melee with staff? SMN aren't as busy as WHM.
    (0)

Character
    Taliesn
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    No I meant this:

WHM might have been given the exclusive weaponskills because it is a base job who's main offense was decided to be their weapon. A BLM, SMN, and SCH in terms of offense was either elemental spells or the summons.
    SE has often been more caught up in their own ethos for the jobs than the jobs practicality.
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    That's not really true about saying SMNs aren't as busy as WHMs. It depends on the situation. SMNs may need to rebuff multiple buffs and do something about their Rage pact being at 0:00 while WHMs may be waiting for the next hit so he/she can throw the next cure. Or it could be the other way around where the SMN is just Siphoning for MP while the WHM is spamming Cure to keep the party alive.

@Strife
    Ah, I was thinking out loud. Cool. Even I didn't know I said the right answer, lol.
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Not so slow even with /WHM, I use OA4 Yantok +2 and full haste gear with or without Minikin. I'm at 250% TP before I can find a safe place to use Cataclysm. Enmity is my limiting factor.
    I actually never thought about that so much, but OA4 may be vastly superior to my OAT, when magical WSes care less about DMG ratings than normal WSes. Though I did make this staff primarly for Spirit Taker and I believe at least that is DMG based, right? Else I'll regret not re-lotting those antlion jaws last week. Not that I'd ever want to go through all those item hunts.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast