Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Monk Gear / Questions / Advice

Figure there's been a few threads made asking whats good for X slot or in X situation etc. so instead of having people make a new thread every single time we can use this thread. Try to keep the flaming to a min , and people don't be butt-hurt if someone says your gear is bad its constructive criticism. That being said ill go first.

Is there any other leg slot item with higher then VIT+5 * not counting the augmented chance of +6 on byakkos since getting +6 vit +5stp and +4 crit dmg would take forever.*
    (0)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I only know of Kensei which are +5. So in answer to your question, no I don't think so.
    (0)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Would Bruiser's earring + Faith + H2H merits + tantra hands +2 = another dmg tier?
    (0)

yes it is .
    puts you @ 47.19 Base dmg then +3 and +35 weap *assuming 90 vereth* = 85
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    There was a discussion in another thread about a neck+earring combo better than this. Basically neck+ear would give you +1 base damage, i.e equivalent to +4 STR, and 10 attack 9 acc. Pretty sure I saw a new necklace with STR4 attack+15. Accuracy wise, there are many better options for both slots. Ziel charm+ tantra earring is 16 acc, so you basically compare 6 acc with 0.5 base dmg and 10 attack. Also faith torque + moonshade earring[regain/acc or regain/att] should be better [ here you basically compare 1 regain to 1 base dmg]
    (0)

the 4 str 15 atk neck has 5% slow
    (0)
    As far as I'm aware BG has always held the position of "We're not the *** Morality Police". People are welcome to express their opinions about third party programs on this site. However, we will, as stated, ban the *** *** out of someone trying to post links to said programs. And if people want to cry about Stan's guild program then they should probably start boycotting ffxiah. And excel.

After checking a lot of comparisons inside and outside Abyssea, it looks like:

Neck order:
    Rancor > Calcitrant > Faith

Earring order:
    Moonshade > Aesir > Tantra > Bruiser, except for Faith where Moonshade > Bruiser > Aesir > Tantra

Calcitrant+Moonshade beats Rancor+anything-but-Moonshade, but otherwise Rancor+anything beats everything else, and Calcitrant+anything beats Faith+anything.

This assumes the Calcitrant Stole provides +10 kick damage, since it comes 11 levels after our last kick damage upgrade.
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Motenten View Post
    After checking a lot of comparisons inside and outside Abyssea, it looks like:

Neck order:
    Rancor > Calcitrant > Faith

Earring order:
    Moonshade > Aesir > Tantra > Bruiser, except for Faith where Moonshade > Bruiser > Aesir > Tantra

Calcitrant+Moonshade beats Rancor+anything-but-Moonshade, but otherwise Rancor+anything beats everything else, and Calcitrant+anything beats Faith+anything.

This assumes the Calcitrant Stole provides +10 kick damage, since it comes 11 levels after our last kick damage upgrade.
    what gear sets / merits are factoring in and can you post the ACC levels of all along with the dps etc.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    what gear sets / merits are factoring in and can you post the ACC levels of all along with the dps etc.
    ^, if at all possible.

Or a link to an Alla thread, if it was posted there.
    (0)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    In uncapped acc neither rancor, faith or calcitrant should be > to ziel charm and moonshade can be +acc instead of +att. In uncapped acc moonshade (regain+acc) + ziel charm should come ahead of all setups since the crit on Rancor or the +damage or +attack on other gear doesn't contribute to WS frequency. I belive his comparison is capped acc. I think also that rancor in uncapped acc is a lot of sacrifice for little benefit over something like ziel charm.

Also I beileve he is inputting numbers in his spreadsheet so do the same and verify the math behind. I checked the WS frequency calculations long ago and they were correct.
    (0)
    Last edited by MarkovChain; 09-23-2011 at 04:17 PM.

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast