Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Just noticed that Seiryu's kotes augments can yield crit +3% and store TP+5 as well as acc or attack. They definately beat a full AF3+2 build (If acc is uncapped) since AF3+2 gloves are essentially +7 attack with sometimes +1 dmg.
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

Yeah, they're pretty sweet actually, I TP in them since I haven't finished the +2 gloves. I would say they don't beat out the full +2 set bonus in terms of damage, however that's just personal opinion through observation not facts. Alot of the sky god gear, actually has some decent augments for MNK if you take the time/gil to actually make them.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkovChain View Post
    Just noticed that Seiryu's kotes augments can yield crit +3% and store TP+5 as well as acc or attack. They definately beat a full AF3+2 build (If acc is uncapped) since AF3+2 gloves are essentially +7 attack with sometimes +1 dmg.
    They also give you a small amount of haste and +1% proc rate on set bonus.
    Anyway, inside abyssea even just +1% Crit would be enough to be better than Tantra+2, appearently.
    Outside abyssea not even 3%crit/5att/5acc would make Seiryu's better.
    Depends where you do play most nowadays, I guess.
    They are freaking awesome for a Blade:Hi build on NIN though. If you don't have NIN I wouldn't really bother honestly, especially with the level 99 cap coming and a whole load of supposedly better gear incoming.
    (0)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Yandaime
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Hey guys I have a quick question, I just finished Tantra Body+2 (had 9 cards beforehand took forever getting the seals) and I TP in Loki body when Impetus is down and Tantra+2 when Impetus is up but what do I WS in? the non-Lazy solution is to make 2 seperate WS Macro's obviously but idk, would I just be safe overall just using Tantra +2 full time for WS?

Thank you for your time
    (0)
    = He who hesitates is lost = (dont remember who's quote this is but I like it)

Quote Originally Posted by Yandaime View Post
    Hey guys I have a quick question, I just finished Tantra Body+2 (had 9 cards beforehand took forever getting the seals) and I TP in Loki body when Impetus is down and Tantra+2 when Impetus is up but what do I WS in? the non-Lazy solution is to make 2 seperate WS Macro's obviously but idk, would I just be safe overall just using Tantra +2 full time for WS?

Thank you for your time
    Which WS are you using? Smite or Fury?

I'm pretty sure Tantra+2 wins either way, both Impetus up and down.
    (0)

Character
    Yandaime
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    Fury for the time being, the only thing I'm drawn on is the Critical Hit Damage +5% vs STR/VIT 12 hmm.. meh I'll just use Tantra Body for WS full time, if there is a difference it shouldnt be too severe since its a 50% STR/VIT and the MNK body puts 12 in both mods. Loki vs Tantra on Victory Smite is a different matter tho but ill cross that bridge if/when I come to it lol

thanks for the help
    (0)

No problem. Don't forget Tantra Cyclas +2 also rocks a solid Attack+15 (+21 when you consider the str) in addition to the STR and VIT+. It's an extremely solid piece for both weaponskills.
    (0)

Character
    Yandaime
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    yea, I'm thinking with Impetus down tho (and I macro Berserk with Impetus so berserk would be down as well) Loki would prolly be the better WS body for Smite since it throws multiple Critical hits so when JAs are down, Loki's should be the top for Smite, Fury's only a 2-hitter (most of the time) so that 5% isn't all too special
    (0)

Tantra+2 is still better for Smite with Impetus down, and not having Berserk up actually increases the relative value of Tantra's Attack. Attack is a logrithmic curve. The less you have, the more each point is worth.
    (0)

Character
    Peldin
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Hey guys. I'm fairly new to FFXI. A friend convinced me to start playing at about the time that the first Abyssea expansion was released. I usually just play with a small group of friends so I was wondering if someone could give me some realistic upgrades that I can set my goals toward.
    Let me preface this by saying that I plan to get black belt when possible. I have the adamantoise egg (got lucky in a shout group). I just don't have the tongue or the beard yet.

TP Gear:
    Weapon: Verethragna (85 version) - I also have Fire Taipan Fangs +2 but I think they are worthless now
    Ammo: Thew Bomblet
    Head: Tantra Crown +2
    Neck: Agasaya's Collar
    Ear1: Brutal Earring
    Ear2: Tantra Earring
    Body: Tantra Cyclas +2
    Hands: Tantra Gloves +2
    Ring1: Rajas Ring
    Ring2: Epona's Ring
    Back: Atheling Mantle
    Waist: Twilight Belt
    Legs: Tantra Hose +2
    Feet: Tantra Gaiters +2

WS Gear:
    Neck: Thunder Gorget
    Hands: Heafoc Mitts
    Waist: Thunder Belt

MDT Gear:
    none

PDT Gear:
    none

I've currently saved up to a lil over 2 mil gil. Being a post-abyssea player, I have come to realize that I'm very ignorant of items that can be easily farmed (or bought) from pre-abyssea. I know the Faith Torque is something I should go for, but I'm not sure that my little group of friends can even do that fight. I also plan to complete the Wings of the Goddess storyline for Moonshade Earring if that is possible to do with like 4-6 people. I think the biggest things holding me back right now is my lack of alternate gear sets.

Also is Guarding skill worth raising? I've read multiple times on the alla forums that it's completely useless. Yet I saw a reference to it on these forums implying that it was good. Can someone give me some closure that it really is a waste of time to skill it up? Here is what I've read about it on the allakhazam forums:
    "i capped guard, and can attest that it's worthless."
    "If you're capping guard, realize that you're only doing it for blue numbers."
    "But I suggest you find something better to do with your time. Guard sucks."
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast