Thread: Glavoid Shells

Glavoid Shells

I'm posting this thread in both the THF and WAR sections to reach the main players who will have done this....

What's the best method to farm the shells for Ukon/Twashtar?

I assume that war + staff spamming amber procs to farm the KIs from gold chests is faster than getting the NMs?

Can multiple glavoids be brewed efficiently, or is it too hard to ensure that you don't cure 1 of them? (by this I mean 1 person pops a brew while 3 ppl pop glavoid, then just spam Aolian edge to take down all 3 quickly. If all 3 are popped at exactly the same time, they should cast spells in sync to make this easier?)

If multiple Glavoids are possible, will the brew last long enough to hold the brew on a chest while waiting for the ??? to reappear and get another 3 people to pop glavoids and brew them as well? 6 Glavoids for 1 brew would be great XD. Though kind of hard to control the loot I guess >.>

If it can't be brewed multiple at once, what is the fastest setup to knock him down multiple times in a row? Obviously involving a THF for the shells.
    (0)

Player
    Have someone cap lights and if the timed Nms are up do the NMs while someone else farms pops for the pop NMs, if Min/Adze are down AoE farm for KI. You're going to wind up with a variety of Chloris KI if you just gold chest farm; if that's fine with you and you don't care to proc on NMs stick to gold chest farming. A mixture of both is the fastest method.

IF no one else is there you should be able to brew multiple but if others are around I wouldn't trust them ever. As for brewing we only brewed ~4 and he 2houred mid brew every time; if he switches to magic immunity during Blood Weapon then he's going to take longer to kill wasting brew time.

We used the martello but yes you can lock brew assuming you didn't waste too much time killing him.

We killed him WHM WAR NIN THF + extra (friend on Mnk or Sam depending, he didn't have any better jobs at the time), he really isn't that hard whether you stun gorge/disgorge or not (unless really unlucky with a 3k+ Disgorge from no Gorge), as long as he didn't switch to weapon immunity constantly during 2hour (far too often for my tastes) he dies fairly quickly, bring a BLM/SCH/SMN if you're that worried about that.
    (1)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Like the above post, the best way is to farm Gold Chests and KI NMs at the same time. Minhocao is harder to find because he roams across a large portion of the map, so you might have someone sub RNG or THF for it.

Using that method, you should net around 3~4 pops/hour sometimes even 6/hour if you already have lights capped+get lucky with the KI's.

That being said, it can be very hard to get lucky with KI's when there are 10 available in chests for that zone.
    (1)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Sometimes people might farm KIs ahead of time.

That is what I did while I was farming shells for my Ukon. A couple of hours before the actual farm I would cap lights and solo farm my KIs, generally got 2/4 KIs before we actually started to farm, which we proceeded to AoE cleave (or in my case, Charged Whiskers) for some others while camping the main pops.
    (0)