Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    im not going to argue with you about what you think tanking is, and what tanking actually is. I'm just going to point out that you can't counter with shadow/utsusemi up. Someone who spends a lot of time tanking on MNK SHOULD know that.

This alone, is my response to this thread... if people really have no clue about MNK/WAR tanking, just find a decent MNK on your server and ask him for advice. these threads are too populated with newbies to get decent advice.
    i know damn well what counter does , i also know that there is content out side of abyssea. content were your acc and counter rate are no longer capped , and even content were OMG your acc isnt capped learn to do some content out side of abyssea ive tanked all T1-3 void watch NM's on monk and i promise you there is no way in hell you can do it on /war. they have the abillity to hit to hard to fast and to accurate for your counterstance alone to be enough to save you.

void watch is the only 90+ content outside of abyssea atm that and WoE *another event /war will get you trucked on with monk* and with enough cures any job can tank a mob , THROW MORE CURES isnt always an option.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gokku; 08-29-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    THROW MORE CURES isnt always an option.
    you say that and yet you're using MNKs for tanking VW NMs....
    (1)

you say that and yet you're using MNKs for tanking VW NMs....
    i /nin and only require 1 whm , no rdm needed and a brd is a bonus at the most. youve posting with 0 experience about what you claim is correct, im not im posting from the stand point of someone who has
    (0)

i /nin and only require 1 whm , no rdm needed and a brd is a bonus at the most. youve posting with 0 experience about what you claim is correct, im not im posting from the stand point of someone who has
    If we're assuming all Voidwatch? I'd very much like to see you tank Hahava and Voidwrought on MNK with only 1 WHM as your support.
    (2)

Player
    I'm not the one wondering why the heck my character won't counter with 3 shadows up.
    Gokku>>come at me bro.
    Gokku uses perfect counter
    1 of Gokku's shadows absorb the attack
    Gokku>> wtf i used Perfect counter.
    (0)

I'm not the one wondering why the heck my character won't counter with 3 shadows up.
    Gokku>>come at me bro.
    Gokku uses perfect counter
    1 of Gokku's shadows absorb the attack
    Gokku>> wtf i used Perfect counter.
    Caste ni
    wait for 3 shadows
    pop pefrect counter
    caste ichi
    repeat as nessicary OR
    pop perfect on the last shadow of ni and regardless of if the mob strips the shadow manually drop it when ichi is 1/2 way cast.

learn to tank on monk
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    If we're assuming all Voidwatch? I'd very much like to see you tank Hahava and Voidwrought on MNK with only 1 WHM as your support.
    both mobs dont use normal attacks /war /nin would take the same amount of physical damage hence why i said 1-3 (not 4 im not suicidal)
    (0)

Player
    Caste ni
    wait for 3 shadows
    pop pefrect counter
    caste ichi
    repeat as nessicary OR
    pop perfect on the last shadow of ni and regardless of if the mob strips the shadow manually drop it when ichi is 1/2 way cast.

learn to tank on monk
    thanks for the game breaking advice.
    (0)

thanks for the game breaking advice.
    also you can invest in a evasion set ride ichi / perfect and save ni for oh shit moments and for after WS's
    (0)

Player
    thanks. i'll do that.
    (0)

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast