Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Gonna break it down

mnk/war is for damage dealing, mnk/nin is for tanking. * this is true if you /nin to dd your doing it wrong in or outside abyssea*

If someone tells you he is tanking as mnk/war he is probably just subbing war for damage and doing it in abyssea, because he doesnt care about the damage he takes ( abyssea, cure V , cure VI, infinite MP etc). * Also true 99% of whms do not have the 7 a tick auto refresh gear or even 5+, most are full timing af3+2 IF that. meaning they will run out of mp in any situation that's not old content outside of abyssea.

Counterstance doesnt block WS, range attacks and magic. 100% correct

and to clear it up if you tanking /war your not "tanking" your holding hate through superior dps , you'd take a hellva lot less dmg and counter just as much /nin "tanking" the same mob but your kill speed/dmg would be alot less. thats like saying war/sam is for dding not tanking , its both because /sam your dps is so high you are tank by default.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gokku; 08-29-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Not sure what that last part is for, but if its implying a use for shadows, Shadows dont block all Damage or Magic either. -ga spells and AoE/Magical TP moves. So add that in too!

but for the most part everything else is correct.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokku View Post
    Gonna break it down

mnk/war is for damage dealing, mnk/nin is for tanking. * this is true if you /nin to dd your doing it wrong in or outside abyssea*

If someone tells you he is tanking as mnk/war he is probably just subbing war for damage and doing it in abyssea, because he doesnt care about the damage he takes ( abyssea, cure V , cure VI, infinite MP etc). * Also true 99% of whms do not have the 7 a tick auto refresh gear or even 5+, most are full timing af3+2 IF that. meaning they will run out of mp in any situation that's not old content outside of abyssea.

Counterstance doesnt block WS, range attacks and magic. 100% correct

and to clear it up if you tanking /war your not "tanking" your holding hate through superior dps , you'd take a hellva lot less dmg and counter just as much /nin "tanking" the same mob but your kill speed/dmg would be alot less. thats like saying war/sam is for dding not tanking , its both because /sam your dps is so high you are tank by default.
    are you serious in this post?
    I can't tell
    (2)

ITT: You're not tanking unless you're /nin.
    (2)

seeing how i more then likely spend more time tanking then any of you on monk yea im serious /war is fine for many situations but in any situation when you need to tank seriously /war will get your shit kicked in

you go monk/war and tank any WoE boss or any Void-watch and you will get fucked up.

to clear it up /nin isnt the ONLY way to tank , but when your mage no longer has atmas 2000mp and 20 a tick auto refresh , its for damn sure the safest.
    (2)
    Last edited by Gokku; 08-29-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Character
    Lynchilles
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    mnk/war is for damage dealing, mnk/nin is for tanking. If someone tells you he is tanking as mnk/war he is probably just subbing war for damage and doing it in abyssea, because he doesnt care about the damage he takes ( abyssea, cure V , cure VI, infinite MP etc). Counterstance doesnt block WS, range attacks and magic.
    Seriously: you have no idea what you are talking about. Please stop posting on the monk forums. Go find another forum.
    (3)

Player
    I refuse to fall for this XD.
    There's no way this is real lol.
    not being trolled.
    (3)

Player

im not going to argue with you about what you think tanking is, and what tanking actually is. I'm just going to point out that you can't counter with shadow/utsusemi up. Someone who spends a lot of time tanking on MNK SHOULD know that.

This alone, is my response to this thread... if people really have no clue about MNK/WAR tanking, just find a decent MNK on your server and ask him for advice. these threads are too populated with newbies to get decent advice.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed View Post
    I refuse to fall for this XD.
    There's no way this is real lol.
    not being trolled.
    at least post your thoughts on it, if thats all your have to say your post is a waste of time. you seem to have this mystical way of playing monk id love to hear. please let me know how you tank the following mobs /war : Ushumgal ,Cottus , Sarimanok ,Krabimanjaro , Pancimanci , lorbulcrud ,ogbanabli .. i can keep going but ill settle for a guide on how to tank those /war first
    (0)

Player
    at least post your thoughts on it, if thats all your have to say your post is a waste of time. you seem to have this mystical way of playing monk id love to hear. please let me know how you tank the following mobs /war : Ushumgal ,Cottus , Sarimanok ,Krabimanjaro , Pancimanci , lorbulcrud ,ogbanabli .. i can keep going but ill settle for a guide on how to tank those /war first
    -put brds and refreshII with your whms.
    -7mp/tick refresh isn't hard to get. your whms shouldn't be running out of mp with ballads2/3 and refreshII, a decent idle refresh set.
    - Get your whms cure potency.
    - Get a stun rotation.
    - Get your MNKs PDT sets.
    - Get a flash rotation

Notice: VW is not all there is outside Abyssea. But with regards to VW, its just better to have a PLD/WAR tank. A lot less stress than a /nin tank.
    (1)

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast