Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Purely for WHM duo/lowman, I like DRK/SAM RR+Sanguine Scythe+Impregnable Tower. Fat stack of HP for survivability, good crit rate and crit damage. You can drop Tower for VV or GH if you want more kill speed instead of 3k+ HP, but I'm usually #2 to a MNK who I'd rather let have hate for Counter tanking, so raw damage is less important.

Tower is extra nice for landing Stun a few extra times on mobs that have/build resistance and getting a little extra out of the rest of your magic. It's great to know a mob is Stun immune instead of wondering if you're just being resisted.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raelia; 03-25-2011 at 09:57 AM.

Character
    Returner
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    DRK/MNK like you said is a sweet combo. I usually do RR/RL/GH to lowman. It can definitely deal some nice damage. Compare to a mnk, it is really just 10% counter rate difference since counter rate caps at 80%, tested. If you have a nice MDB set, you are only vulnerable to devastating TP move from a mob. I have used it to tank many things, and you can generally tank anything a MNK/WAR can as long as you have a WHM.
    (0)
    Returner - Formerly known as Nameless

Ragnarok - TheExpendables

DRK | PLD | BLM | RDM | DRG

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Purely for WHM duo/lowman, I like DRK/SAM RR+Sanguine Scythe+Impregnable Tower. Fat stack of HP for survivability, good crit rate and crit damage. You can drop Tower for VV or GH if you want more kill speed instead of 3k+ HP, but I'm usually #2 to a MNK who I'd rather let have hate for Counter tanking, so raw damage is less important.

Tower is extra nice for landing Stun a few extra times on mobs that have/build resistance and getting a little extra out of the rest of your magic. It's great to know a mob is Stun immune instead of wondering if you're just being resisted.
    From What i read RR and sanguine scythes crti damage + dont stack alsoaything above 3K HP is overdoing it for most things for the most part you can get that w/o HP atma.

Also on the STP atma thing thats what i use all around even tho i can 5hit a scythe w/o it because i like because flexable with my gear and the regen is awesome.

for Cala tho it is crazy better than the other possible 6 hits. need almost no stp gear can cap gear haste and gear for Attack/haste.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Returner View Post
    DRK/MNK like you said is a sweet combo. I usually do RR/RL/GH to lowman. It can definitely deal some nice damage. Compare to a mnk, it is really just 10% counter rate difference since counter rate caps at 80%, tested. If you have a nice MDB set, you are only vulnerable to devastating TP move from a mob. I have used it to tank many things, and you can generally tank anything a MNK/WAR can as long as you have a WHM.

I thought that was just a troll post on FFXIAH forums lol

I for one don't have /mnk to try but I don't think it would be that good~

from what i see Counter doesn't give TP and than losing 10% haste from hasso would really cut your DD abilities plus all the odd atmas would cut too.
    (0)

Character
    Raelia
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yeah, and not getting hit 80% of the time and instead hitting the mob for free damage is a huge downside.

Protip: 80% counter rate will crush 10% haste.
    (2)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    yes drk/mnk + whm mule can duo many things, even when I get hit I can just cata back my hp, the whm is mostly there for enfeebles, haste, na's etc. Its pretty powerful/fun
    ]
    I use RR, Apoc, Gnarled Horn for this set up always
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelia View Post
    Yeah, and not getting hit 80% of the time and instead hitting the mob for free damage is a huge downside.

Protip: 80% counter rate will crush 10% haste.
    well i was thinking more on the lines that your not going to keep hate but duo i could see it working
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dart View Post
    yes drk/mnk + whm mule can duo many things, even when I get hit I can just cata back my hp, the whm is mostly there for enfeebles, haste, na's etc. Its pretty powerful/fun
    ]
    I use RR, Apoc, Gnarled Horn for this set up always
    For duo tho i like /sch more for things weak to dread spikes

put on a HP atma have3.4K~ HP and just go crazy while you have spikes up use the JA to lower recast can keep them up alot and when down i just spam temp items or kite
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    it crushes any other SJ for duo'ing
    (0)

Character
    Limlight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Only time you need hp that high is if you're worried about getting one shotted, and at 90 the list of things that can do that without an hp atma and all merit abyssites is pretty low (i'm easily pushing 2500+ hp without any hp atma). The counter is just broken, I get bored on my mule and never drop below 1500 mp
    (0)

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast