Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    I've always used Claw, VV, RR. Or Apoc, VV, RR.
    And always /sam, no exceptions.
    (0)

Character
    Darkchildv
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Seoha View Post
    I've always used Claw, VV, RR. Or Apoc, VV, RR.
    And always /sam, no exceptions.
    why do people insist on RR for drk? i thought it was bad. griffin claw? why? use VV SA Apopc or AO trust me
    (0)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Not only will the 50 dex will cap out any acc you may need it increase your melee dmg alot (like nearly doubles ur melee dmg)

Griffin claw i may not of worked out the numbers but this gives me the largest boost to my overall WS DMG with a +10acc/atk boost as bonus.

Honestly i'd never use SA since u should have fstr capped with VV and i can cap attack easily enough with endark/food/temp items also if i need attack i'd use AO.

My best performing atma are VV RR griffin or VV Apoc Griffin
    But for events i usally just use VV RR and sea daugther so i can cover all the red staggers.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rydstrom View Post
    why do people insist on RR for drk? i thought it was bad. griffin claw? why? use VV SA Apopc or AO trust me
    The reason was in the other thread.
    I pop last resort and souleater after I torcleaver, with hasso and haste songs in order to improve my DoT with aftermath effect of Torcleaver.
    Critical hit under the aftermath status is very strong, sometimes it can reach 1k in damage.

And that's why I insist.

Griffin's Claw , fyi, is a very useful atma for Torcleaver (which has no ATK bonus as you probably already know). I can't say for others, but those are my reasons.
    (0)

Character
    Taint
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydstrom View Post
    RR does more for damage then any other Atma, add in the fact that a Caladbolg DRK is rocking a 6hit at best DoT plays a large roll. The ODD AM also sides with RR. VV,RR,Apoc will parse best for any mob you are freely TPing and cap fSTR so you can stack VIT/att gear for WS.
    (0)
    Cerberus - Armada
    90poc
    90masa
    85Kannagi

Player
    RR is very big for things like your dmg while in aftermatch and the critical hit rate it provides will add more to your DoT. if all you are doing is standing around gaining TP through atma regain and running in and drop ws and getting outt then yeah maybe you could not use RR, but when you are in there dding it out and especially when you have a Crit hit WS you are pretty much foolish to not use RR
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Plaugebringer, Apoc, RR all the way

Also why all the insisting on using VV <_< hats horrid for DRK now
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Jar View Post
    Plaugebringer, Apoc, RR all the way

Also why all the insisting on using VV <_< hats horrid for DRK now
    Honestly, I fail to see how the str output, double atk and regain is horrid.
    If anything, PLaguebringer is much worst. Gear for life outside FFXI, don't gear for life inside abyssea.

We can 5-hit a lot of crap without plaguebringer (except for maybe, that caladbolg).
    And if you can't 5 hit without plaguebringer, why not do something OUTSIDE abyssea for a change? Like, I don't know, work in that aurum cuirass or askar korazin or something.
    (0)

Character
    Lugat
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seoha View Post
    Honestly, I fail to see how the str output, double atk and regain is horrid.

Plaugebringer Has the same double attack. DRK can easily cap Fstr without the extra from VV regain does almost nothing compared to 20 STP
    (0)

ive been curious about that actually jar, what is the actual DA on vv an pb? ive been curious about store tp builds(atma wise) vs the usual apoc/rr/vv

also since i see myself 2boxing alot of nm myself (drk+whm mule) what atma in everyones opinion should i be using via tanking?

drk/sam
    drk/nin
    and oddly drk/mnk which i hear is good using gh/rr and roaring laughter but i dont have any numbers just what other veteren drk have posted

this is assuming i have caladbolg or w/e dif weapon you all think would be most efficient (not above "desecrating" myself to axes or swords over scythe/greatsword if i gotta sadly ....)
    (0)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast