Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Personally, I'm more than fine with that. I guess it's a matter of preference, but I hate options and choices, at least if they involve compromises. I want the one right, best way to do things, and that's one of the things I like about WAR, in terms of merits. I hate the merit system for these restrictions it applies, personally I think you should be able to merit everything, however it should increase in cost dramatically once you're over the current limit. But that's just me, as I said, I think it's a matter of preference.
    Even if people are given choices (you almost sound like a commie, lol) there will always be a best way to deal damage as long as 2 is greater than 1.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    Even if people are given choices [..] there will always be a best way to deal damage as long as 2 is greater than 1.
    Yes, but it might differ for various situations. And I don't wanna de/remerit for different circumstances every day, but I also don't wanna be subpar in any given situation. Probably a ridiculous wish, but that's how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    you almost sound like a commie, lol
    I kinda do, now that I think about it, which I find quite disturbing. Edited to reflect my true stance on the matter.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Evader
    Increases evade rate while decrease attack.

This just makes sense and the only piece missing between berserk, aggressor, and defender.
    (0)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    Evader

This just makes sense and the only piece missing between berserk, aggressor, and defender.
    No thanks. War isn't about evading, you want to evade attacks then play nin. I'd rather take a hit and retaliate for 1k+ damage.
    (3)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    the only reason war would get that

is to make thf/war feel better about not being /nin
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Evader

I'm waiting for a "sike" or "gotcha!" or...something....come on now don't leave me hanging.. this IS a joke........right? it's like asking blm for an ability that decreases thier magic attack for more defense...
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Rajas ring is as outdated as Tamas ring at this point.
    -_-....

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Evader

this doesn't make any sense and doesnt match missing piece

increase eva and lower accu match the missing piece but doesnt make any sense as a war JA
    (1)

Character
    Gailen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 78
    In terms of game mechanics, I have to agree, Warrior isn't really about evading. There are already plenty of jobs that get evasion bonuses (Thf, Dnc), and others that make use of abilities to enhance their dodge rate (Nin, Mnk, Sam). That being said, they're really not much more about Parrying or Shield Blocking, either, so I can't knock the idea of a reverse-Aggressor.

In reality, a good warrior (in a medieval setting) would be the one who can avoid getting hit in the first place. In a world where magic healing is available, I suppose it's not as necessary, but in reality, where a medieval soldier could die from the infection he received from a light gash, and might lose a limb (and his life, or if not, at least his livelihood) from a hit by an enemy's sword, not getting hit was the best way to insure survival.

If any of you haven't seen the movie Troy, I suggest checking it out. Achilles is portrayed in that movie as a human being (not a demigod), but so skillful in evading, blocking and parrying attacks (as well as delivering killing blows quickly) that the legends of his invulnerability stem from his masterful damage avoidance.

So thematically, yes, warriors are about evading. Good ones at least. They'd certainly be as, if not more, skillful at it than Dancers.

it's like asking blm for an ability that decreases thier magic attack for more defense...
    They actually gave them better than that:

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Mana_Wall
    (2)

Player
    LV45- Cannibalization: Consume your next target restoring HP, PC or PC Pet only. If consuming a Magical Avatar, the stat associated with the consumed avatar element will be raised twofold.

LV45- Friendly Meal: Consume a party member and gain access to their stat boosts.

LV51- Last Supper: Comsume a party member while in critical cond. and receive a bonus to CRIT ATKs and in case of K.O., be raised w/o weakness.

LV53- Drunken Rage: Must consume a Dawn Muslem to activate, lowers ACC and DEX, increases AGI, STR, and CHR. Chance to intimidate target after using provoke.
    (0)

Character
    Jurist
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    War doesn't need anything. It's perfectly fine where it is. Just take Defender merits away and give us something useful, like Retaliation merits that people would actually consider using.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast