Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Aldiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Screwed again: New spells for everyone but...

PALADIN. There is a new spell for every job that uses magic and/or a reused spell for jobs like RDM and SCH but no new spell for us? Even DRK got a spell.... Come on SE, can we please see some LOVE! Thank you!
    (11)
    Nihonjin ga daisuki desu hohoho! m(_ _)m

Character
    Aldiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Show your support with a LIKE my fellow Paladins! Let's see some suggestions reposted if necessary from the improvements page. I know I hate it when someone complains and has no solutions to share.

In the improvements page I suggested a spell called Awe to compliment Flash, since we are the Magical Knights of this Realm. Maybe Regenga Lv 65, Regenga II Lv 80 and Regenga III Lv 95. See! There, now we get 3 new spells! Or a spell that's the single target form of the new WHM spell for MDB? Wouldn't anything be better than knothing fellow Knights of Vanadiel?!

So rate it up, post your suggestions and let's get recognized so we aren't all QQ again like after the last fail-update!
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    If I had to make a bet about the new spells, I'd bet that Paladin will get Holy II. And you guys will probably be better at using it to deal damage then a White Mage.

I'd also like to see Paladin get Repose, since Dark Knights get Sleep/SleepII/Break, and they get Stun at the same level PLD gets Flash.

Aside from that, a Divine based Migawari type spell would probably fit Paladin well.
    (4)

Character
    Aldiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I like where you are going. How about comparable spells, like getting Dia and Dia II, since DRK gets Bio and Bio II? Or add in Diaga since DRK gets Poisonaga? Repose to counter Spells like sleep, sleep II, bind, and break? And since DRK is now getting Tier 3 elemental magic, how about we get Banish III, perhaps even Banishga and Banishga II? How about a line of spells to match Absorbs, like Criple-MND,DEX,STR, etc that just reduces the monsters stats but doesn't buff the PLD, make it so Absorbs and Crips don't stack? Not to mention Holy II, and long overdue Raise II and III? Or maybe an AoE Reraise/Raise called Ressurection? I know SE can give us something more than 1 Job Ability over the last 2 level increases, right Pallys?
    (2)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Forgive me, but I'm not sure if you are serious or not.

I doubt Paladin would get Dia, since it is more of a Red Mage spell that White Mage happens to get since there is a bit of overlap. Furthermore, Paladin does not get Enfeebling Magic skill in the first place, rendering the idea even more out of place. I would place spells that cripple the enemy in the same category. Paladin isn't really an enfeebler outside of enfeebling Divine Magic.

I expect Paladin to get Banish III around the same time White Mage gets Banish IV, since White Mage gets better access to these spells, but only time will tell on this one. Since -aga spells are purely the domain of Black Mage and White Mage outside some AOE enfeeble spells, I don't think Paladin will ever get either of those.

Paladin will not get Reraise ever. Raise II is likely however, considering that Red Mage and Scholar both got another tier in the update notes.
    (0)

Character
    Aldiel
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I am just putting ideas out there, Dia was originally a Divine spell, so they could make something else that works off Divine, and the cripple spells could be Divine based as well and be a debuff inflicted when the enemy gets blocked. Honestly, I was just putting down the categories and types of spells that DRK received and PLD did not so that people would have more things to think about. The word of the DECADE is BALANCE, so that's what I am after here, BALANCE.
    (1)

Character
    Morwaine
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Divine based Migawari at first sight seems an interresting idea, i'd like to see it. Flash II or anything on the same line of thoughts is fine too.
    Now for the rest, considering our somewhat limited manapool, i'd rather heal myself and my party than cast Holy II which will prolly costs large amounts of mana and do limited damages. (unless you MB ! ^^
    (2)
    "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I've seen screenshots of PLD using Divine Emblem and getting 7k Holy. I imagine Holy II would just add insult to this injury... maybe a party of Paladins to manaburn NMs.

Of course, most of the time, it probably won't be used, but who would say no to another Holy?
    (1)

Character
    Symbelmynne
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Forgive me, but I'm not sure if you are serious or not.
    I expect Paladin to get Banish III around the same time White Mage gets Banish IV, since White Mage gets better access to these spells, but only time will tell on this one. Since -aga spells are purely the domain of Black Mage and White Mage outside some AOE enfeeble spells, I don't think Paladin will ever get either of those.

Paladin will not get Reraise ever. Raise II is likely however, considering that Red Mage and Scholar both got another tier in the update notes.
    None of those are in the new spell list on the test server for Pld. I think getting at least the non -ga Abyssea proc spells would be a good idea but I agree that Pld shouldn't get DOT or enfeeb spells. At least something like an erase would be nice though. Not going /dnc leaves me boned if I get bio or dia or etc...
    (2)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    I've seen screenshots of PLD using Divine Emblem and getting 7k Holy. I imagine Holy II would just add insult to this injury... maybe a party of Paladins to manaburn NMs.

Of course, most of the time, it probably won't be used, but who would say no to another Holy?
    I'd like to see this screenshot if you happen to have it laying around.
    (1)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast