Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    RR and GH are essentially full time atma

If you find that you are almost always using saber dance, then use SS. If not, AoA is better. Since I'm a taru I like SS a little better to be honest.

When I solo I use Cloak and Dagger (too lazy to get siren shadow or even better dark depths..) This and x2 evasion kila +2 allow me to use DD gear while I fight and not worry about shadows at all. For some NMs you can do this without an evasion atma though.
    (0)

Character
    Abithra
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I generally full time Apoc/RR/GH but replace GH when I need to tank certain NMs, mainly magic casting ones.

But that is just my personal preference.
    (0)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Also, Minikin/Sundering Slash/VV is actually really good for playing an ersatz WHM as DNC/WHM with an Apollo's Staff. Curing Waltz V, and Cure IV during the cooldowns. It's.....probably better than RDM.
    (1)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

I'f you're going that route, wouldn't Sea Daughter be better than VV? Sound's interesting lol
    (0)
    Let's make this game great

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    The 12% Slow on Sea Daughter negatively impacts the recasts on your WHM spells, and the 5/tic Regain you're already getting from the other two covers your needs. OTOH I'm not sure how much Haste you really need as a curebot and there's no reason not to wear enough gearhaste to at least get you back ahead of where a RDM or SCH would be, so idk.

Not for nothing, DNC/WHM also opens up 3 more red triggers via club and staff, and the TP generation to use them without meleeing. Those 3 are, of course, 3 of the easiest to actually do for anybody, and using anything other than a staff locks you out of 3 of your 5/tic regained TP. YMMV

I guess SD might be better than Sundering if you needed red procs in addition to your healing?
    (0)
    Last edited by scaevola; 09-12-2011 at 11:58 PM.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    On that note, one thing to look forward to next week is /RDM getting Haste; you could, for general purposes, go DNC/RDM with normal DD atmas, Hasting yourself and using Refresh to be self-sufficient on MP, until your group gets the pops for something you don't really want to melee, at which point you could take 30 seconds to warp back to base camp and swap to Minikin/VV/Sundering (Minikin/SD/Harmony?) and start healing.

/WHM doesn't work quite as well for that because you kind of need a Refresh atma to maintain your self-Haste while DDing.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Sea Daughter is actually 15% slow.

Here's my Atma list, including all the ones that have a use for DNC (I think).

DD perma-Atma:
    Atma of the Razed Ruins - This is almost always on
    Atma of the Gnarled Horn - Also almost always on, for defensive reasons as well as offensive

Third DD Atma:
    Atma of the Sanguine Scythe - Technically our best third DD Atma, I think, but it offers the least defensively.
    Atma of the Apocalypse - Technically our second best DD Atma, but Auto-Reraise isn't as good as not dying.
    Atma of the Dark Depths - Our most defensive third "DD" Atma. 30 Eva and 20% Crit rate

AE perma-Atma:
    Atma of the Ultimate - MAB +50!
    Atma of Gales - Wind damage +30%

AE Third-Atma:
    Atma of the Smiting Blow - If you aren't using Martial Knife or a TP Bonus Fusetto, this offers the best damage boost. If you aren't using both, this is the best option for Brewing with Aeolian Edge.
    Atma of Hell's Guardian - If you can, it's awesome. Can use it to replace Ultimate obviously.
    Atma of the Baying Moon - MAB+30
    Atma of the Razed Ruins - If you're also camping something while you cleave (like Gukumatz) this is a good third Atma option.

AE Cleaving:
    Atma of Echoes/Atma of the Hateful Stream are both interesting options, and you should look at Smiting Blow again above.

Defensive Atma:
    Atma of the Earth Wyrm - Some people use this for Tunga or Dragua
    Atma of the Future Fabulous - Essentially -33% Magic Damage. I use it on some solos like the Goblin Tier 1 NM or Gamayun in Grauberg.
    (0)
    Last edited by Byrth; 09-13-2011 at 12:44 AM.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Hey, while you're here, question: was looking at your AH profile and saw you double up Martial Knife and TP Bonus Fusetto. They stack? I thought they might but I did not want to buy a Martial Knife only to be disappointed.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    They do stack~! You mainhand Martial and offhand TP Bonus Fusetto +2, and every time you hit 100 TP it's like you're going at 300. It's pretty awesome.

Here is the testing link: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/103...=1#post4701336
    (0)
    Last edited by Byrth; 09-13-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Holy shit.

Back to Dark Rings, I guess!

(on the subject of that, I guess DNC/RDM is also pretty swell for ambercleaving, between Phalanx and MAB)
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast