Thread: Give us CP!

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but couldn't you set your home point when exiting a mog house?
    iirc, that is also disabled in Al Zahbi as well.
    (0)

Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Hopefully they make the new merit system unearnble withtin abyssea. Bring back meriting at lv99 in old areas. Would balance the game better.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong, but couldn't you set your home point when exiting a mog house?
    Nah, they removed that from Al Zahbi. I'd forgotten about it when I made my original point. Even so, afking in al zahbi instead of logging out should net you about 1500ish IS just from taking damage and dying from one besieged
    (0)

Character
    Darkshade
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Doc I need my cheese pizza fix.
    (0)
    XI - Darkshade - Shiva
    XIV - Shade Highwind - Figaro

Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    Besieged gives somewhere in the region of 14k Exp and around 5k CP for a Lv8. If you would like screenshots I will hapilly take one next time it's on.
    Nah, I just did one and got like 6k IS. Was dead at the end though so no exp .

Is it just me though, or have some of the bosses been buffed? Lamia #9 had like 5 elementals with her that all hit for around 1000 damage per normal hit to me as a lv90 war, as well as nuking down the last couple generals like nothing. I don't remember they being that strong before.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I don't feel the game is about Exping. Its about endgame content. The Game should not be the grind. Exp is not what makes a game fun, its the big bosses, and endgame battles.

The way i see it, SE is simply making it easier for new players and old to experience endgame. Judging someone based on the way they get exp is just digging for an excuse to hate someone.

So much hatred.
    I think he may be speaking to the bigger problem of people burning through jobs so quickly that they end up at 90 with crap gear, little to no (player)skill and severely underleveled skills. There honestly is something of an epidemic of complete n00bs running around and I for one am fed up of it.

Maybe it's just because I've been playing since 2003, but I have almost no patience for newbies/idiots anymore in-game. I'm all for SE expediting the leveling process, lord knows it's been a very long time coming - but something needs to be done about the flipside of all that fast exp.

As far as skilling up goes, that's one thing I love to death in 14 - it doesn't even exist. I don't care WHAT SE says, Martial Master/Prouesse Ring/Skill UP foods etc don't do jack squat. Heck I've had faster skill ups up weapons after my salteena wears off on a number of occasions.

Can we please just have a skill-up atma already? Please? You've made leveling almost trivial, but that only generates new (and arguably worse) frustration in the form of skilling up, in particular guard, parrying, summoning, enhancing and healing magic are all a royal pain to keep capped.

Sorry for the off-topic rant there. As for CP, it's easy enough to get in all honesty... You should be racking in loads of it between FoV/GoV just make sure you have signet.
    (1)

Meh, Maybe i'm spoiled because i have friends, But gimps never really bothered me, They only ruin their own experience... Since i never have to consort with them forcibly to get things done :X
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Venat View Post
    Hopefully they make the new merit system unearnble withtin abyssea. Bring back meriting at lv99 in old areas. Would balance the game better.
    I don't get it. How would you limit it to older areas?
    (0)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    What use is CP once your character is able to leech in Abyssea?

No, seriously, what use is CP? I have tens of thousands on my two main characters and spend a good amount of time FoVing them together, I can't recall the last time I bought anything with CP beyond the occasional Instant Warp scroll if I use more than one or two a day.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    I think he may be speaking to the bigger problem of people burning through jobs so quickly that they end up at 90 with crap gear, little to no (player)skill
    Just to chime in and say it's a complete falacy that "no player skill" is in anyway linked to "quickly burning your job to 90". If you're a crap player at 90, chances are you would have been a crap player on your way to 90, whether you leveled slowly or burned the job. If you're a good player at 90, know how to research and gear your jobs properly, then leveling slowly or burning your job wouldn't have made any difference. I abyssea burned my mule's whm from 75 to 90 (and I inherited the account at 75) and my main's war to 90. Yet I can comfortably duo most KI NMs I need with little trouble.

It's a myth that you need to slowly level your job in order to "learn it" and become a better player. Good players will be good players, bad players will be bad players. How they leveled their jobs will not affect that outside of combat/magic skill gains which again comes back to good players will be good and bad will be bad as the good players will take the timer to skillup all they need after hitting 90.
    (1)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast