Thread: Give us CP!

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Give us CP!

Ok, so it's nice that it's now easier than ever to get allied notes and imperial standing (especially with the new post on beseiged). However, CP still remains the hardest alternate currency to obtain. Can we possibly get an increase to CP? I have a few suggestions how:

1: Uncap Expeditionary Force and remove the party size limit, and increase the CP reward if you win.

2: Uncap Garrison and increase the CP reward for success (I believe you currently get CP for winning...)

3: Allow FoV and GoV to give CP equivalent to their xp when you finish a page (So, if a page gives 2000 xp, it'd give 200 CP, or 3000 in a place owned by another nation or beastmen, or 3200 with Moghancement: Conquest (Or the variation for your nation))

Really, is there any reason to keep CP as restricted as it is?
    (10)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I agree with 1 and 2. If they implemented 3, nobody would level outside of a dungeon again.. so no thanks to 3.
    (0)

===========Don't make me kick your butt into next Watersday!===========

People aren't going to leave abyssea JUST to get some CP...
    (1)

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    So you want new players to go from ronfaure/gustaberg/saruta to book burning to abyssea? I dont even know why I came back to this game lol... oh yeah because ffxiv is a mess..
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaniels View Post
    So you want new players to go from ronfaure/gustaberg/saruta to book burning to abyssea? I dont even know why I came back to this game lol... oh yeah because ffxiv is a mess..
    I don't feel the game is about Exping. Its about endgame content. The Game should not be the grind. Exp is not what makes a game fun, its the big bosses, and endgame battles.

The way i see it, SE is simply making it easier for new players and old to experience endgame. Judging someone based on the way they get exp is just digging for an excuse to hate someone.

So much hatred.
    (13)

hmmm....never had any issues getting CP in the past. Maybe it's because I'm from Bastok, who rarely ever owned the zones I was xp'ing in....who knows. I would expect it comes in fairly steady now if you are doing xp parties now that the rate is doubled since it is bound to the xp you earn--if you're soloing or low-manning and have a low xp/hr rate, I guess that is what holds people back now though.

Conquest Rankings might be something for you to look into for now. If your camp is owned by your nation, you get no bonus to CP per kill, so you are only getting 10% of your XP back as CP (20 CP from an EM). But if it's not owned by your nation, you get a 1.5x multiplier (30 CP from an EM). So, the trick is to be in a region not controlled by your nation, keeping Signet up, and slaughtering EM+ mobs for chain 5's to keep the CP flowing I guess with the way things currently stand...the catch is getting together the traditional xp party these days. /meh

There are also some Moghancement: Conquest furniture pieces that can raise it a 1.6 multiplier in an uncontrolled region if you have them (32 CP from an EM). Every little bit helps.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Myrrhcat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    I won't lie, judging by the title of thread, I was expecting something else entirely...
    (5)
    Last edited by Myrrh; 08-27-2011 at 04:39 PM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by JackDaniels View Post
    I agree with 1 and 2. If they implemented 3, nobody would level outside of a dungeon again.. so no thanks to 3.
    Abyssea exists yet people are still using other means for exp. Your outlook is a bit doomy. I haven't seen a shortage of players in Cape post GoV release, for example. But I suppose it always was the most crowded of FoV spots...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    People aren't going to leave abyssea JUST to get some CP...
    No one is ever going to leave Abyssea exp until a rep for it exists, and it should be obvious by now it's not going to happen in any existing areas, only alternatives. If they raise exp much higher at this rate we might as well start off with new characters already level capped to save us the trouble. Anyways, I fail to see what this point has to do with the OP unless there was an edit at some point. Pretty sure it's about throwing us some more CP and not about getting people out of Abyssea.
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by RAIST View Post
    hmmm....never had any issues getting CP in the past. Maybe it's because I'm from Bastok, who rarely ever owned the zones I was xp'ing in....who knows. I would expect it comes in fairly steady now if you are doing xp parties now that the rate is doubled since it is bound to the xp you earn--if you're soloing or low-manning and have a low xp/hr rate, I guess that is what holds people back now though.
    Compare CP to IS and AN. You can get thousands of IS and AN easily by doing beseiged and campaign, respectively, and can do the secondary elements to campaign (Rescuing prisoners, shattering mirrors, reclaiming the candescence...) for thousands more now. There's also campaign ops for some quick and dirty allied notes. But nothing of the sort really exists for CP: Both Expeditionary Force and Garrison are level capped, and with few reasons to do them. And those are the only sources of CP outside of experience. Really, CP is more "Expensive" than the other two by a longshot.
    (1)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Character
    Graystone
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Iunno, I only have like 1 job at 60, 2 jobs at 30, and one at 50. I've gotten maybe 20 levels of my lv60 in book burns.. and i have 70k cp...
    (1)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast