Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Sukasaroth
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Final Heaven Revision

Any plans for revising some of the Stat modifiers + Aftermath effects for any of the relic weapons to improve them?

A friend of mine just got his stage 4 spharai and the aftermath for final heaven is just sad. Any thoughts on changing it to Critical hit rate+ or dmg+?
    (0)

Character
    Cero
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    60% VIT is alright, on par with the 60% that Empyreon give, but the fTP mod is mediocre especially when it lacks the ability to crit. I think the aftermath is interesting enough. If it were up to me, I'd up the fTP mod to 5.00 and allow the WS to crit. That would bring it up to par, especially with the enhanced WS damage that relics have.
    (0)

Character
    Sukasaroth
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    ya i think so too.
    (0)

Character
    Cenzlo
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Get a Verethagna if u want to do dmg ;p... If u don't currently have a relic there is no reason to waste the time in my opinion. Vere inside and outside of abyssea are gonna give u way more dmg... relic aftermath/ws is utter crap.. and will never compare no matter what they do to the modifiers
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cenz View Post
    Get a Verethagna if u want to do dmg ;p... If u don't currently have a relic there is no reason to waste the time in my opinion. Vere inside and outside of abyssea are gonna give u way more dmg... relic aftermath/ws is utter crap.. and will never compare no matter what they do to the modifiers
    The reason I'm wasting my time on it is simple, the pride of owning a pair. They're rarer than a BB and still quite powerfull. Plus you don't have to gather parties for VNM's to get them.

Yeah I admit, they don't do as much damage as Vere's, but when I'm already out damaging every other job on normal and crit hits, and I've only got savant fists.... then who cares about how much more I do?

One day I will have Vere's, but until then, I'm quite happy busting my balls on Spharai, and quite happy with the damage from my Savant's. Empyrean and Relic weapons are completely bonus items, rewards for hard work and dedication, so you should be choosing what you want, not just because one might be better than the other.

And remember, Enix holds the futures of FFXI in their hands, if you think Empyrean are going to be the last and best weapons, you may just be a little disapointed.
    (1)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

Player
    gather party for VNMs? you aren't serious. MNK + WHM is all you need. The only possible exception to this is Shoggoth... though i did beat it with just a whm for support, it was somewhat difficult. The others are piss easy.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    gather party for VNMs? you aren't serious. MNK + WHM is all you need. The only possible exception to this is Shoggoth... though i did beat it with just a whm for support, it was somewhat difficult. The others are piss easy.
    Shoggoth is the place where I am stuck now. I've been out with parties that just.... well sucked. Biggest failure to date, I went with 6 people, they wouldn't allow anyone on the mob except 2 ppl, and with 1 whm, the party just wiped... I sat back and laughed lol. Not to mention parties I've built for this one, most of the people didn't have a colorfull, and 1 person didn't even know what the VNM was for...

But this is the problem, If my server lacks any good players who want to help without reward, or any players who know what they are doing, why should I have to worry about it? Until the day when real players come back to the game, and the bandwagon leechers have gone, I won't be wasting my time trying to teach people how the game works.
    (0)
    Guarding 207 - Goldsmithing 30 - Cooking 30 - Smithing 30

Maybe it's time to stop killing mandy's...

Character
    Moonlightespada
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Musahashi View Post
    The reason I'm wasting my time on it is simple, the pride of owning a pair. They're rarer than a BB and still quite powerfull. Plus you don't have to gather parties for VNM's to get them.

Yeah I admit, they don't do as much damage as Vere's, but when I'm already out damaging every other job on normal and crit hits, and I've only got savant fists.... then who cares about how much more I do?

One day I will have Vere's, but until then, I'm quite happy busting my balls on Spharai, and quite happy with the damage from my Savant's. Empyrean and Relic weapons are completely bonus items, rewards for hard work and dedication, so you should be choosing what you want, not just because one might be better than the other.

And remember, Enix holds the futures of FFXI in their hands, if you think Empyrean are going to be the last and best weapons, you may just be a little disapointed.
    Yea. Personally Im thinking they may have somethig planed with the lvl 40ish AF wepeons, otherwise why allow us to get them again now and store them? Whould be cool if they end up being the base wepeons for some high powered legendary wepeons down the road for Lv.99
    (0)

Ohji Lunartail, the Moonlightespada- Bismark

Savate Fists are crap. They're better than Destroyers but lacking Victory Smite is absolute crap right now, especially when WoE weapons are piss easy.

This is the guy who thinks MNK averages 5 hits per attack round without DA/TA gear though so I doubt anything I say about "Out-Damaging every job on every hit with crap weapons" is going to get through.

Mojo's revisions look pretty solid; especially if they keep or boost the +25% WS Damage modifier given to the 90 Spharai. Final Heaven has always been one of the worst Relic WS in the game, and now that Spharai are flat out unable to access MNK's best WS (Victory Smite), a major revision would need to take place at some point to make them worthwhile.

That said, it is absolutely a much better time investment to just get a Verethragna in the meantime. Spharai aren't rare because they're hard to get, they're rare because they've always been pretty bottom-tier on the Relic Weapon ladder. That won't stop anyone who's dead set on them, but it's worth fair warning that it would take a lot of changes to make them a respectable weapon.
    (0)
    Last edited by Greatguardian; 04-04-2011 at 08:14 PM.

I will have my revenge!

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Dont relic ws increase in dmg for consecutive use? I know I read about it when they fist came out but never really cared for them so I didn't keep up. Do they ever cap on damage or after 40+ ws do they keep increasing?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast