Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I don't think I'm ever not riding QD timers. Cards are cheap, and instant damage+TP is nice. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
    Most of my Aby NM experience on COR is waiting for proc then going all out once yellow proc'd and red has terrorized. Doesn't make for ideal slow steady QD damage. Much of the time is spent intentionally not damaging the mob so it doesn't die before yellow or red proc. If your LS lets you QD during that phase of the fight that's fine. Mine doesn't. Of course some of the big baddies in Abyssea its OK to keep going with QD. But Seal mobs, +2 NM's in Visions and Heroes zones and empy drop mobs for 80-85 are too squishy to lay the hurt on before proc's are in.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

I rarely use my COR in Abyssea to be perfectly honest. Armageddon isn't quite as useful as my Verethragna Mnk. My friends and I are pretty much long since done with most of our non-random-body armors and spend more time on things like Empyrean #2-4 than seals, so the need to grellow and such is non-existant on most things and Red is fairly easy to trigger. I don't hold back on Corsair unless the mob is at 10% HP and someone's screwed up timing the trigger 3 or 4 times already or something.
    (2)

I rarely use my COR in Abyssea to be perfectly honest
    Of course this is a problem with the job. We talk about all these ideal setups and none of us get to play the job anyway. I go BLU or WHM to most of my LS Aby events. So on the rare occ I've been allowed to come COR it's been a less than fruitful endeavor, mostly casting buffs and waiting on procs.
    Still looking forward to completing Armaggeddon though.
    (0)

Yeah, can't wait to get my Armageddon either. 2boxed my first 20 Gems Thf+Whm before realising I wasn't getting any Coins for Cor+2 feet so shouting for a pickup blm who wants cards till i'm 6/6. One more session should put me 6/6 hopefully. Figure I'll lvl Thf on my mule to 49, and 2box CC Rdm + Whm/Thf (Solo rdm, TH on whm). Not looking forward to CC though cus it'll take longer to kill and I'll probbably have to farm>job change>kill.
    Not that I've finished the pre-trils up to carabosse... did Desmodant, the yagudo and the quadav last night and this morning and on bugbear now.

I think the VNMs will actually be the worst part of getting Arma85.
    (2)

I think the VNMs will actually be the worst part of getting Arma85.
    After nearly a year of not getting any help or seeing any shouts for the VNM's I stumbled upon a JP group while I was trying to solo Yacumama. They let me join and we knocked out all but the last two Tammuz in one evening lol. The hardest part about the VNM's is the requirement to carry the weapon during the kill. All these VNM's would be killable on DNC but i wouldn't have gotten credit without equiping the magnatus.

I've gotten into an empy group for my weapon which means it will take awhile to get us all done. Fortunately no one wants glavoid shells.
    (0)

Cor is pretty god-tier in Voidwatch, so I can't really complain. It has a ton of procs, a Regain roll, and the ability to damage from a distance. I don't expect to use it in Abyssea much, but Wildfire Brew definitely has its perks. Overall, I don't think they really have that much to "fix" with Corsair right now. The 11 buff and the addition of a third active roll are amazing, and Voidwatch has crafted a true niche for Corsair that has never really existed in previous content.
    (2)

When is that 3rd active roll being implemented? or was it just mentioned on the official job visions? or do we know what you have to do to activate it? I do love the 11 buff though, it's awesome.
    (0)

It was mentioned back when they implemented the 11 buff, so I'd guess it would be coming in the September version update maybe? They have not specified a date on that yet, nor any potential requirements for using it. As far as I know, it's still on the table. If someone can confirm that it's not available in the Test Server, then it's likely being pushed to whenever they implement Cait Sith/Atomos and the other post-update job adjustments.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2