Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kurriko
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Best Quick Draw setup

i'm really struggling to figure out what the best QD setups would be. Some lots seem obvious enough:
    Uggy Pendant, Novio+Hectate's, MaB augmented Demon Rings or AGI Rings (Rajas if needed for STP) Forban Cape and Aquiline Belt, but I struggle on coming to the visible gear slots.

Armageddon/Death Penalty Cor in my LS says to use 5/5 AF3+2 for quick draw, but I'm not convinced. Does the seet bonus really proc enough to make it worthwhile?
    Other options I'm looking at right now are AF1/AF1+1 Hat and Augmented QD Delay/MaB mirke Wardecors. They're both sound pieces. But then you're only down to 3/5 for set bonus, and out of those remaining three, only one is worthwhile (+2 feet). So now I'm really wondering:
    5/5 AF3+2?
    4/5 AF3+2 and AF1 Hat?
    4/5 AF3+2 and Mirke Wardecors MaB/QD Delay
    3/5 AF3+2 and Mirke + AF1 hat
    Mirke + AF1 Hat + Af3+2 Feet + [legs] + [hands] (Denali and Something else maybe??)

What do you sue for QD?
    (0)

AF1+1 Hat
    QD/MAB Mirke
    AF3+2 gloves
    AF3+2 Legs
    Af3+2 feet

Love seeing those big numbers when they happen lol.
    I'd say that the proc rate on triple damage is not enough to really outweigh loading up on AF3+2. But I don't have Shutzens mittens and Denali legs are only MAB+3 so I'm not missing a ton of damage by swapping them out. But the hat adds 10% and the mirke body offers about 10% more QD opportunities. The AF3 doesn't seem to aoutdo that but I've never done the formal math.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

My current setup is thus:

AF1+1 head / Ugga/Artemis (depends on moon phase) / Novio / Hecate's
    QD/MAB Mirke / Schutzen Mitts / MAB+2 Demon / MAB+2 Demon
    Forban Cape / Aquiline Belt / Denali Kecks / AF3+2 feet

5/5 AF3+2 is really only for the epeen shot numbers. It will not outperform a mix/match set. I need to pick up some +3 demon rings and those +4 MAB legs at some point though.
    (1)

5/5 AF3+2 is really only for the epeen shot numbers.
    But admittedly, what puts a smile on your face more, 20 more QD damage or that occasional 3k QD shot. Life is all about the little smiles and laughs along the way. I'd never diss a COR that went 5/5 AF3+2. If they and their party get a hoot from epeen QD shots, more power to them.
    (0)

Eh? It's not about doing "just 20 more damage", the guy asked whether 5/5 AF3+2 was better than a mix/match set, and in terms of overall damage it is not. That's all. I like epeen shots as much as the next guy, but that's really all it's for. Less overall damage for a better chance of seeing big shiny numbers.
    (1)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by noodles355 View Post
    i'm really struggling to figure out what the best QD setups would be. Some lots seem obvious enough:
    Uggy Pendant, Novio+Hectate's, MaB augmented Demon Rings or AGI Rings (Rajas if needed for STP) Forban Cape and Aquiline Belt, but I struggle on coming to the visible gear slots.

Armageddon/Death Penalty Cor in my LS says to use 5/5 AF3+2 for quick draw, but I'm not convinced. Does the seet bonus really proc enough to make it worthwhile?
    Other options I'm looking at right now are AF1/AF1+1 Hat and Augmented QD Delay/MaB mirke Wardecors. They're both sound pieces. But then you're only down to 3/5 for set bonus, and out of those remaining three, only one is worthwhile (+2 feet). So now I'm really wondering:
    5/5 AF3+2?
    4/5 AF3+2 and AF1 Hat?
    4/5 AF3+2 and Mirke Wardecors MaB/QD Delay
    3/5 AF3+2 and Mirke + AF1 hat
    Mirke + AF1 Hat + Af3+2 Feet + [legs] + [hands] (Denali and Something else maybe??)

What do you sue for QD?
    From what I've heard AF3+2 full set doesn't cut it(they add like 3% each), so don't bother. I know some ppl still use full set, and I think it's a viable choice, but it's probably not the best atm, especially you can get recast -5 on head and body slot. No matter how much extra dmg you're getting, it's not gonna be as good as recast -

I usually use 2 sets(sometimes 3, with third set full of STP, but rarely needed), both only has 2 AF3+2 for set proc.
    If I have more than 100%+ TP. It's not the best, still need better rings and head piece:

AF1+1 hat/U.pendant/novio/hecates
    QD and MAB mirke/AF3+2 hands/zodiac or AGI rings x2
    Forban/aquiline(or obi)/MAB+4 desultor/AF3+2 feet

If I have less than 75% TP:
    AF1+1 hat/U.pendant/novio/hecates
    QD and MAB mirke/Schutzen mittens/Hoard ring/Rajas ring
    Forban/Aquiline(or obi)/AF3+2 legs/AF3+2 feet

Also IMO, QD recast - w.head is better than AF1+1 hat.
    (1)
    Last edited by Afania; 08-27-2011 at 07:51 AM.

Oh yeah, a well augmented Whead definitely beats out Af1+1. I just don't have it, ha. I should have made a note of that.
    (1)

Character
    Agetos
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    i proc my set bonus often. for some reason i proc extremely often when i macro in oberon's bullets. but idk it could just be luck. but i'd say like 1/5 i set proc
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Oh yeah, a well augmented Whead definitely beats out Af1+1. I just don't have it, ha. I should have made a note of that.
    Only in the setting of riding QD timers. If you aren't doing something where you are popping QD whenever it's up, you likely are best served with AF1.

Personally I can think of only a handful of situations on COR where I'm riding QD timers. Soloing, a few Aby NMs where I'm allowed to come on COR like Amphitrite. But everyone's mileage may vary. I'd like to have the option though but it's low priority right now.
    (0)

I don't think I'm ever not riding QD timers. Cards are cheap, and instant damage+TP is nice. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast