Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

A Simple Request from Thieves: An upgrade to Thief's Knife.

Hello Thieves, Community Reps, GMs called in to break up the debate.

Basically, I'll keep this Simple as you guys request. Might be able to allow us to upgrade Thief's Knife through Synergy?

It doesnt need to be much of fancy, But it would be a godsend for Thief's in events such as Dynamis and Limbus, or in events where TH is required for multiple enemies in quick succession, where Switching out the weapon is not an option.

THF already takes a hit in Damage, A boost to this dagger should be well within balance specification i hope, Just as a basic Example... Currently Thief's Knife is as follows:

DMG:28 Delay:194
    Treasure Hunter +1

Through Synergy (Recipe can be whatever you want so long as its reasonable please :|), You could add something like...

1 of:
    DMG:+5~12 (Max: D:40)
    1 of :
    Delay:-10-18 (Max: D:176)
    1 of:
    DEX+1~5
    AGI+1~5
    Accuracy +1~5
    Attack +1~5
    Evasion +1~5

Which would basically just upgrade it to be on part with level 90~95+ Weaponry. (And keep it not horrible by 99).

Edit: Or it could be a simple Magian Trial upgrade. To level 90 with stats like:

(90)
    DMG:38 Delay:180 DEX+2 Attack+2
    Treasure Hunter +1

(95)
    DMG:40 Delay:176 DEX+3 Attack+5
    Treasure Hunter +1

(99)
    DMG:41 Delay:175 DEX+5 Attack+5
    Treasure Hunter +2

This wouldn't make it the best weaponry, simply allow it to keep up with other weapons as we progress to the 99 cap. I feel Synergy would be a simpler route, but if you made it through magian trial, i would not object.

and yes ,We would be fine with it being "tough" to obtain if it meant you could consider it

I hope you think this can be worked out. Thank you

Edit: Suggestion from Nynja

regarding "overpowered lv70 knives", I dont tihnk it would be difficult to add a level restriction, like so
    Thief's knife RARE EX
    (Dagger) All Races
    DMG: 28 Delay: 194
    "Treasure Hunter" +1
    Lv. 90: DMG+10 Delay-15 Triple Attack +3
    Lv. 70 THF

Up the weapon level and give it a newer name (TK+1?), no big deal. Theres already armor restrictions preventing certain gear to be equipped (novennial stuff, cloaks and headwear, attempting to DW without a main weapon), preventing both TK's to be equipped should be easy.

Magian trials would work as well, since it would keep all TK's equal. I dont think the level really matters since I doubt any thf would sync down to farm stuff?
    Edit2: A Simpler, More elegant Solution. By who else but me?

3) Add a Weapon at level 95+ With "Latent Effect: Treasure Hunter +1" thats only active if not Wielding a Thief's Knife. Like...

Raider's Knife
    DMG:42 Delay:176
    DEX+3 Attack+3
    Latent Effect: Treasure Hunter +1

A Good DMG/Delay Weapon with fluff stats, and a latent effect that only works if you dont wield a Theif's Knife. It solves every problem without the need to upgrade a weapon
    Edit3: Another More Simple than the above Simple Solution! *Hint hint Reps: This is the one we all like the best*

Add a Piece of ARMOR (Visible or not, Something other than weapon) That has something like...:

Thief's Band
    (ring)
    Fluffstat(Or not)
    Latent Effect: Treasure Hunter +1
    Lv.90~+?

Latent Active when Thief's Knife is not equipped. This removes the need to wear a weapon that will nerf us, and will be as convenient as Gloves/Feet currently are (Easily equipped/removed without hurting out DPS so badly)
    (29)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 09-25-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Player
    Treasure Hunter +1 trial dagger wouldnt be a bad idea ^^
    Or the Synergy part is not a bad idea anything that is a bonus and not a nerf i support
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Please tell me I wasn't the first person to think of this. >.>

Edit: To avoid a double post, here are some thoughts about the dagger:

If the thing can be Synergized, some random pool augments of triple attack rate, or even a harder to find item recipe for such traits would be a good start.

More importantly, the thing should be sendable to mules, for thieves that want to go farm another knife to sell, since the knife itself is rare.
    (1)
    Last edited by Economizer; 08-26-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Hoping they just upgrade the Physical Thief's Knife!

If they gave us a second dagger, then we'd just have to dual wield the two, making it worse, if they upgraded Thief's Knife, it would eliminate the problem entirely

Thank you for your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Please tell me I wasn't the first person to think of this. >.>
    There was discussion about it a long time ago but it was lost in spam of the early days of these forums. It needs to be brought up again LoL.
    (1)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Hoping they just upgrade the Physical Thief's Knife
    The name might have to be kept the same in order for the rare tag to keep working, so it might stay a "Thief's Knife" or whatever it is called, even to level 90.
    (1)

Player
    A more "SE-Style" update would be to just remove Treasure Hunter from Thief's Knife so a Thief will feel free to use other options. Which, now that I think about it, would accomplish almost exactly the same thing and result in almost exactly the same drop rate.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    The name might have to be kept the same in order for the rare tag to keep working, so it might stay a "Thief's Knife" or whatever it is called, even to level 90.
    Yah, thats what i want.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The treasure hunter testing already proves that we don't even need this knife. The coders cant figure out how to make any of thief's other JAs work right, don't distract them. :P
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Don't know if it's just me, but I'd prefer a new TH dagger over an upgraded Thief's Knife. Partly because of the looks, I've been carrying one around for ages. But also because the Thief's Knife is just a regular item, just happens to be one special stat that's getting a boost. I don't see why we should make an exception just for that. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of Synergy, same as most people.

I'd prefer much if it was an NM drop, triggered spawn would be nice, but other version would work too.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Don't know if it's just me, but I'd prefer a new TH dagger over an upgraded Thief's Knife. Partly because of the looks, I've been carrying one around for ages. But also because the Thief's Knife is just a regular item, just happens to be one special stat that's getting a boost. I don't see why we should make an exception just for that. Also, I'm not the biggest fan of Synergy, same as most people.

I'd prefer much if it was an NM drop, triggered spawn would be nice, but other version would work too.
    Not that i dont agree.

That would not solve the problem of THF's knife being forced in our hands, It would just be a matter of Mainhand the new one and offhand THFs Knife.

My idea was to upgrade the knife to be acceptable since its pretty much forced in our hand for most events.
    (2)

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast