Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Player
    I liked this latent idea a lot too. Giving that to a different equipment piece fixes the dps issue because a th dagger will probably be sucky in comparison to what's the best out there on dps terms. Also, a ring doesn't affect our dps like a weapon choice does, and there is also the option of giving it a secondary dps stat. I mean, even if we gave such stat to the weapon, its damage and delay will be what make or break it.
    (2)

I'm going to add the Armor idea to the OP, as i think we can agree that its the best solution short of a nerf.
    (1)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Make the armor item lv 95, RA EX and have it obtained through a quest that involves consumption of a thief's knife in order to maintain the value of the knife on the market.
    (0)

Character
    Wakmidget
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Not that i dont agree.

That would not solve the problem of THF's knife being forced in our hands, It would just be a matter of Mainhand the new one and offhand THFs Knife.

My idea was to upgrade the knife to be acceptable since its pretty much forced in our hand for most events.
    The thing is, you recommended magian trials as a possible way to upgrade the TK. If they did do it that way, it would most likely end up w/ a +1 or a +2 next to the name. Therefore allowing you to offhand a 2nd TK.

And most LS would probably be forcing alot of THF's to do that. If you wanted to keep Treasure Hunter" only in the offhand, it would more than likely have to be done with synergy, or not at all.

I for one hate using TK, but understanding it's value, I bite the bullet as needed.
    (0)
    Last edited by Classikal; 09-16-2011 at 10:04 PM.

Character
    Nynja
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You make it sound like its impossible to code a restriction disallowing the equipping of TK and "TK+1"....see: grips, Novennial gear, cloaks, expendible thrown ammo/ranged (cant equip raider bommerang and thew bomblet)
    (5)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I would rather they made it a piece of gear than a weapon. I like the idea that I saw of a ring with "Latent effect: Treasure Hunter +1" and that latent is not equiping TK.

It doesn't matter how good a new dagger is, it will still end up being a situation where it is inferior to other daggers and we'll be swapping it anyway.

If they do decided to address this in some way, I would much rather we weren't tied to the weapon slot for TH enhancing as a part of the solution...but that's just me.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Classikal View Post
    The thing is, you recommended magian trials as a possible way to upgrade the TK. If they did do it that way, it would most likely end up w/ a +1 or a +2 next to the name. Therefore allowing you to offhand a 2nd TK.
    Haven't suggested Magian trials in like, 12 pages... I mean really. So far the best solution we have is a Piece of Armor with a latent effect that is TH+1 when THF's knife is not equipped. Solves the problem from every possible angle.

I keep the other stuff in the OP simply as a means of choice, if SE is like "no no, not that" i want the other options to be there so maybe they'll chose one..

And most LS would probably be forcing alot of THF's to do that. If you wanted to keep Treasure Hunter" only in the offhand, it would more than likely have to be done with synergy, or not at all.
    Synergy was also suggested. By me. Something we've moved away from a bit, as its not a perfect solution.

So far, as you neglected to mention, the best option is what we've stated above. a piece of Armor (Thus,, can be switched out at will with no TP lost) that has a latent that only works when THF knife is not equipped.

Literally solves every possible problem. Which is why its the only one most of us actually agree on.
    (2)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm no THF, but as far as I can recall, THF's new TH "proc" system procs whatever TH you have equipped when you first give enmity to a monster. From there you have a chance to proc TH a tier higher, up to Lv10. I may be mistaken, but can't you unequip all TH gear after gaining a value of enmity and it still be that tier of TH?

I KNOW this works once you've proc'd TH into that first tier higher than you have equipped, but - assuming you have traits/gear up to TH6 - can't you just hit it and it have TH6? If I'm right, then having a piece of gear with a latent of TH while not wearing Thief's knife would be a little silly. Just hit the monster once then change weapons. TP shouldn't really be an issue with THF.
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    I'm no THF, but as far as I can recall, THF's new TH "proc" system procs whatever TH you have equipped when you first give enmity to a monster. From there you have a chance to proc TH a tier higher, up to Lv10. I may be mistaken, but can't you unequip all TH gear after gaining a value of enmity and it still be that tier of TH?

I KNOW this works once you've proc'd TH into that first tier higher than you have equipped, but - assuming you have traits/gear up to TH6 - can't you just hit it and it have TH6? If I'm right, then having a piece of gear with a latent of TH while not wearing Thief's knife would be a little silly. Just hit the monster once then change weapons. TP shouldn't really be an issue with THF.
    10/10

I lol'ed.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Retsujo View Post
    TP shouldn't really be an issue with THF.
    That is the entire issue and it's the sole reason why this thread was created. This stuff is "TH mechanics 101", everyone here knows that, but that has nothing to do with the problem at hand, which is losing TP on swapping weapons. Many people in here feel that infringes on their already very scarce DD rights.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast