Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    and if you increase the level via magian trials they would be different item IDs and you would be able to DW them.
    This is what i was talking about, It seems here you're saying "If you level it through Magian to 95, You could own the 95 and the 70 version" Which i believe is untrue, as I dont believe you can dual wield Mandaus or Kikoku's, even if they're different levels.

I can't prove it, But i was under the impression this way.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The easiest way to prove this is to augment something like a Genbu's Shield, and then try to lot another one. I've been under the impression that you can't, considering being able to do something like this would be fairly big news.
    (0)

can't find the thread anymore, but I thought they said a thf knife upgrade was in the works. They said the same thing about my Raja's ring /em checks ring... ok, they don't seem to have gotten around to it yet.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    This is what i was talking about, It seems here you're saying "If you level it through Magian to 95, You could own the 95 and the 70 version" Which i believe is untrue, as I dont believe you can dual wield Mandaus or Kikoku's, even if they're different levels.

I can't prove it, But i was under the impression this way.
    Honestly, I didn't consider that. But I know for a fact that you can dual wield certain ToM items, even if they're exactly the same (I think all of the elemental weapons). I don't know what it would be like for Thief's Knife, I'm still not a fan though. As I said, I don't think the trade off is that bad.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Honestly, I didn't consider that. But I know for a fact that you can dual wield certain ToM items, even if they're exactly the same (I think all of the elemental weapons). I don't know what it would be like for Thief's Knife, I'm still not a fan though. As I said, I don't think the trade off is that bad.
    The elemental Weapons don't have (R) Tags :3
    (2)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    The easiest way to prove this is to augment something like a Genbu's Shield, and then try to lot another one. I've been under the impression that you can't, considering being able to do something like this would be fairly big news.
    From personal experience, you can't get another. If the item is rare, you can't hold but just the one. Ever. Even with augments.

It's terribly depressing to see Byakko's Haidate after haidate dropping to the ground :x
    (0)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    I would burn down buildings. Not even kidding. I spent 9 months camping my Thief's knife every day and it never dropped. Try to put me through something like that again and I will rip faces. Synergy or magian trial or gtfo.
    Nobody is forcing you to go for the HQ3 drop. You would always get a very good low delay offhand dagger with Treasure Hunter on it.

If it's Synergy it's going to be random too, and probably a lot harder to get a good mix of stats than with this system. The difference here is that instead of a random mix of stats and spamming the furnace in Port Jeuno all day you get 4 predetermined sets of augments in exchange for a difficult BCNM and the risk of loosing a Thief's Knife if you fail. They could also have a "heroic" version of the BCNM that trades off higher difficulty in exchange for a higher HQ drop rate. (by hard I mean really, truly difficult with a high risk of loosing, not just "slightly harder than easy")

Another example:

Normal BCNM

70% drop DMG+8 Delay -18

25% drop: DMG+9 Delay -25

5% drop: DMG+10 Delay -32 Treasure Hunter+1

"Heroic" BCNM

50% drop DMG+8 Delay -18

30% drop: DMG+9 Delay -25

15% drop: DMG+10 Delay -32 Treasure Hunter+1

5% DMG+10 Delay -44 Treasure Hunter+2
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 08-27-2011 at 03:19 PM.

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    They should make Treasure Hunter+ work like Movement Speed+, it should cap at the highest value equipped. No more gimping ourselves with useless equipment just because it has TH+ on it. We could just swap in the AF3+2 feet once and be done with it.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 08-27-2011 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Mandau, Mandau(80), Mandau(85) and Mandau(90) are separate weapons with separate IDs (iirc) and most importantly: no augmentations. Thats the difference between augmented stuff. It's the same item with the same ID and just extra stuff thrown on top. OAT and OA2-4 weapons are the same. The base item is the one base item with one base item ID and the OAT stuff is an augment. Mandau80 isn't an augment of Mandau75, it's a separate weapon. Not saying it would be dual-wieldable with lower level mandau. I don't think anyone is daft enough to try and upgrade a 2nd Mandau to find out. However, you could try with a second Twatstar. If you have an 85 Twatstar and try to upgrade a 2nd one to Lv80 and it says no it's no big deal as you can use the glavoid shells for an Ukon.
    (0)

Player
    I want to say that someone (Byrth, maybe?) tried to make a second Twashtar for his off-hand and the moogle wouldn't allow him to torture himself like that.

Although, I think it has to do with the quest and not the item IDs, since the moogle stopped him cold before he could even slap a certain trial on the would-be Twashtar.

Of course, it's equally possible that I dreamed this after consuming a mixed drink made with prescription decongestants and over-the-counter malt liquor. I can't find the post about it or even remember where I would have seen it.

Edit: To whom it may interest, the drink relieved me of sinus congestion and several other worldly concerns. It tastes pretty much like you'd imagine given the components, however, so I would not recommend it.
    (0)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 08-27-2011 at 05:03 PM.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast