Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 250
  1. #11
    Player Economizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,397
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    I'd prefer much if it was an NM drop, triggered spawn would be nice, but other version would work too.
    It could be a quest to upgrade, with a different skin on the knife (assuming this is possible) after you upgrade it via some NM drop.

    The main issue is the whole "another dagger with TH = you still have to use Thief's Knife" thing.
    (1)

  2. #12
    Player Atomic_Skull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,247
    Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    No not Synergy. Lets bring back the rarity and badge of honor status that used to be associated with the THF's knife.

    Add a BCNM to Sacraficial Chamber that uses a THF's knife as the entry fee. This BCNM is high level difficult fight against all four Sozus. Upon winning the fight the BCNM will drop a Theif's Knife with one of the following augments and drop rates.

    90% drop DMG+8 Delay -18

    10% drop: DMG+9 Delay -25

    2% drop: DMG+10 Delay -32 Treasure Hunter+1

    0.5% drop: DMG+11 Delay-44 Treasure Hunter+2

    An augmented Thief's Knife cannot be reused to enter the BCNM.
    (0)
    Last edited by Atomic_Skull; 08-26-2011 at 05:34 PM.

  3. #13
    Player Arcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San d'Oria
    Posts
    2,753
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    That would not solve the problem of THF's knife being forced in our hands, It would just be a matter of Mainhand the new one and offhand THFs Knife.
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    The main issue is the whole "another dagger with TH = you still have to use Thief's Knife" thing.
    Same issue with Synergy/ToM. You could still have the base weapon and the upgraded weapon. You can do it now too, why would it be different for the Thief's Knife?

    For all I care, they can remove the current Thief's Knife from the game as well. Although honestly, I don't have quite that much of a problem with it, it's an acceptable trade off imo.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

  4. #14
    Player Economizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,397
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    why would it be different for the Thief's Knife?
    The name of the item does not change, only the level will. Meaning that you can't have two of the Thief's Knife even if you augment one. With ToM there aren't a lot of examples of same named items with different augments, but they do exist, and you can't have more then one of them at a time.

    Basically, augmenting the knife itself and not changing the name would mean that the rare tag is preserved, and more importantly, you don't end up having to dual two of these things just to max out possible TH gear.

    Either Trials of the Magians or Synergy will accomplish this in a reasonable manner.
    (0)

  5. #15
    Player Insaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,003
    Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    No not Synergy. Lets bring back the rarity and badge of honor status that used to be associated with the THF's knife.

    Add a BCNM to Sacraficial Chamber that uses a THF's knife as the entry fee. This BCNM is high level difficult fight against all four Sozus. Upon winning the fight the BCNM will drop a Theif's Knife with one of the following augments and drop rates.

    90% drop DMG+8 Delay -18

    10% drop: DMG+9 Delay -25

    2% drop: DMG+10 Delay -32 Treasure Hunter+1

    0.5% drop: DMG+11 Delay-44 Treasure Hunter+2

    An augmented Thief's Knife cannot be reused to enter the BCNM.
    I would burn down buildings. Not even kidding. I spent 9 months camping my Thief's knife every day and it never dropped. Try to put me through something like that again and I will rip faces. Synergy or magian trial or gtfo.
    (9)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

  6. #16
    Player Insaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,003
    Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Thinking about this a bit more I think the problem would be that you could augment the knife and still use it on your level 70 thf and if you increase the level via magian trials they would be different item IDs and you would be able to DW them.

    It would have to be a new dagger with the stipulation "When thief's knife is not equipped: TH+1" kind of like an anti-set bonus or "Cannot equip thief's knife". I would be fine with this since I am also sick of the booorrrrring TK model.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

  7. #17
    Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    237
    You know what...maybe have the synergy materials to be gotten out of steal?! 2 birds 1 stone i say lol
    (0)

  8. #18
    Player Karbuncle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaniac View Post
    Thinking about this a bit more I think the problem would be that you could augment the knife and still use it on your level 70 thf and if you increase the level via magian trials they would be different item IDs and you would be able to DW them.

    It would have to be a new dagger with the stipulation "When thief's knife is not equipped: TH+1" kind of like an anti-set bonus or "Cannot equip thief's knife". I would be fine with this since I am also sick of the booorrrrring TK model.
    Not so sure, the Oa2x Magian weapons are similar (R), and you cannot own two, and as far as i know, You can't own a Mandau(85) and Mandau(90) or so on. Upgrading Thief's Knife to 90~95 wouldn't allow you to buy another, if anything, The safest and easiest route for SE is Synergy.

    Some people hate it, but thats the easiest way to go about it, and the most likely way we'll ever see a buff.
    (0)

  9. #19
    Player FrankReynolds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,592
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I personally hate synergy. I have already leveled enough crafts. they should just make the effect work as long as you posses the POS dagger in your current inventory. There are already plenty of daggers to upgrade.

    Or, maybe they could add another tier of TH trait and make it negate the effects of the dagger all together. for instance maybe make a maximum base TH that you can start with.

    Or better yet, give every job a treasure hunter weapon that only stacks with Thief mains treasure hunter. Let's see how many wars like swapping out ukon for TH every mob. Then lets all agree that it was a cruel joke and be done with it.
    (0)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 08-27-2011 at 05:40 AM.

  10. #20
    Player Insaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,003
    Character
    Insaniak
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Not so sure, the Oa2x Magian weapons are similar (R), and you cannot own two, and as far as i know, You can't own a Mandau(85) and Mandau(90) or so on. Upgrading Thief's Knife to 90~95 wouldn't allow you to buy another, if anything, The safest and easiest route for SE is Synergy.

    Some people hate it, but thats the easiest way to go about it, and the most likely way we'll ever see a buff.
    None of the synergy augments increase the level of the item without changing it into an entirely new item. I know SE doesn't want level 70 THF running around with a 40+ damage augmented TK. It would have to be a different dagger with a stipulation of mutual exclusivity with TK. Could be a magian trial, a synth using TK, or just a new dagger entirely.
    (0)
    ↓ Trolling sapling ↓

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast