Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Back on topic: Lets have a quest to convert the Thief's knife into a key item. Let's not tie it to any wonky Craft System, or NM that will be retardedly over camped. Let's add some story line.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Let's add some story line.
    In the bowels of the Gunpowder Room or the Marital Aid Room or some other room where Cid toils day and night on inventions to better the land of Vana'diel by blowing up the worst bits of it, a dubious discovery has been made.

"These Lutefisk-flavored long-johns," Cid says, "attract all nearby loot to any Lootmonger who happens to be wearing them. In fact, the damned things have tried pull out and collect my Goblin-bone false teeth seven times just today."

After taking a moment to hammer his Hell-forged dental appliance back in place for the eighth time since this morning, Cid adds, "If you help me out with something, I'd be happy to let you have them."
    (3)
    Last edited by SpankWustler; 11-19-2011 at 02:02 AM. Reason: Removed extraneous punctuation. Hemmingway would be proud.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    In the bowels of the Gunpowder Room or the Marital Aid Room or some other room where Cid toils day and night on inventions to better the land of Vana'diel by blowing up the worst bits of it, a dubious discovery has been made.

"These Lutefisk-flavored long-johns," Cid says, "attract all nearby loot to any Lootmonger who happens to be wearing them. In fact, the damned things have tried pull out and collect my Goblin-bone false teeth seven times just today."

After taking a moment to hammer his Hell-forged dental appliance back in place for the eighth time since this morning, Cid adds, "If you help me out with something, I'd be happy to let you have them."
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    (0)

Player
    Our daggers really don't have alot of hit damage it feels like we poke the mob with a stick.
    (0)

1. Why does everybody keep repeating this when I made it blatantly clear of my uncertainty of the name of the hat I was referring to. I said O-hat because that is the only hat item I remember having a discussion with a buddy who no longer plays anymore a while ago and it was the easiest hat for me to remember because lots of people used to talk about that and I just forgot the reason why especially since I rarely hear it mentioned any more. I was wrong about the name of the hat big fucking deal quit beating a dead horse like a geek already.
    And yet you deny it when I call you out for doing no fucking research whatsoever.
    1) O-hat doesn't have TH on it.
    2) No hat has TH on it.
    3) This infomation would have been easilly found yourself by visiting ffxi.wikia.org/Treasure_Hunter.

You asked about if multiple Thf's affect TH's increase: Visiting that same Wiki page would have answered this.

You asked if your TH level goes down after unequipping TH gear: Visiting that same Wiki page would have answered this.

You have absolutely no idea how damage is calulated or how weaponskills work from your "At 100%TP Dancing Edge only llands 3/5 hits for 15% max TP return". Whilst more complicated, if you had searched "Calculating Physical Damage" it would have given you a starting point.

You stated your mis-infomation about Dancing Edge, and about the DMG loss from equipping Thief's Knife being minimal as absolute fact - they're not. You were wrong.

Why do you come in here, post wrong things as fact without researching anything? It's not fucking hard to google "ffxi wiki treasure hunter". I'm going to call you double-digit from now on because you definitely have a below-average IQ.
    (7)
    Last edited by noodles355; 11-19-2011 at 04:16 AM.

And the most amazing thing is how you continue to post after every single poster has told you you are wrong, or to shut up, or both. Get the hint double-digit.
    (1)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Hemmingway would be proud.
    Not sure about that, but Hemingway sure would. And so am I. <3
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Morgantis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    I skimmed over this post. i realy see no reason you have to upgrade th dagger. Once you enlighten th u can swap off you junky boots hands and your off hand dagger via macro swap. Sure you lose tp when you swap. But the added effect of a better weapon after th is highlighted is better imo after this. Fact is this is one reason I love this game you can get the most out utalizing swaps for advantage other than wearing a full time gear and not swapping. And yes th will go up from your last enlightened point. It only needs to be sparked to start and you build from there. Plus everything I saw and tested shows that after th enlightened it goes up and no more need of th gear. Why they say have your highest th thief always enlighten the th and build from there.
    Overall you want th on a mob wear your th gear then swap it once u enlighten it once. Sure you lose out on best gear and wpn in off hand but you put th on a mob. Small sacrifice i think till its enlightened then you can swap that stuff away for better
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgantisthedon View Post
    I skimmed over this post.
    You should have read it carefully, maybe then you would have seen what it was actually about?
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Not sure about that, but Hemingway sure would. And so am I. <3
    The dude was so committed to terse language that he removed one of the M's from his own name. That's my story and I'm sticking with it.
    (2)

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast