Player

Another top on new JA and JT

As of late I have been thinking of ways that a Paladin could become a tank and as of lately with this site being given to us in a way I thought I could voice them.

One of my opinions are to increase the hate gain from the cure spells. Reason, I'm in belief it is time for PLD to obtain another Cure spell to match their new HP and the whole Abyssea them. The other thing that could be done though along with this is to give PLDs a Job Trait that increases the normal hate obtained through casting these spells correspondent with the level they obtain them (5, 17, 27, 55, ??). Along with this JT if plausible(sp?), Could even throw in a Cure potency with each Trait in this manner.

(I haven't had the idea of a good name yet for it.)
    Job Trait Tier I,(lv.5) - Enhances Cure potency by 2% and enmity of cure spell
    Job Trait Tier II, (lv.17) -Enhances Cure potency by 4% and enmity of cure spell

Basically as it should already be seen for each job trait the cure potency increases by 2%, the amount of enmity obtained I would leave that for you to decide to be honest if you would to make something like this.

The other idea I had recently thought of is to give Paladins a Job Ability that would take hate from an entire party in a percentage. I haven't come up with any idea on how much but I know that SE likes 5%~15% a lot (But really hate from 5 other people is really great if it was that amount). At the same time like other posts have mention you could even raise the Enmity cap for Paladins with this Job Ability.

I was thinking this Job Ability could be obtained level 55 or higher. Duration could be 30 seconds and a recast of 1~2 minutes.

An earlier thought which I've decided I'm too lazy to go back and fit into the whole Cure enmity adjustment is to increase it to a point where after done multiple times (I'm looking at you Monk and White Mage duo's) That the mob would go after the White Mage, Basically making a Paladin wanted. (There's going to be a bounty on my head from all the Monks that dual box a White Mage now) * cry cry*

Yes I did notice it says top instead of topic...I feel like an idiot since I noticed it after I hit submit. ><
    (0)

A linkshell friend of mine and I had this same discussion, I never thought of it through a magic stand point. What he and I agreed on is that paladin needs to have a native provoke to make the use of more subjob options. The other thing we said was that we believe that nerfing /nin was a dumb idea. If /Sam gets the benefit of hasso and seigan, then /nin should be able to use yonin and innin. But we agreed that the way the hasso effect as /Sam is only half that of a samurai main, the effects of yonin and innin would be half that of a ninja main. If SE did that it would put paladin back in the tank role without overpowering it. Especially since ninja mains already of the survival tool of all tools..... Magawari.....

Also flash 2 (paladin only) should be introduced.
    (0)

Character
    Brymstone
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    flash 2 is a greats idea would solve the provoke issue a bit it would have the have the same length of recast timer as flash though

i was also thinking and this ones a crazy one but how about a job trait for pld so that buffs cast on said pld would last longer than normal
    im thinking regen, refresh, protect, shell, haste, any barspells, phalanx, reprisal dunno maybe more
    (0)

I think a cure potency trait, 5-10% potency, would be a nice to have 80+ . It would allow Paladin's to heal themselves, or anyone else. better with the higher HP, and the trait could possibly have a slight enmity increase to help hold/gain hate, without having to give Paladin's Cure V.
    (0)

Character
    Gakaroth
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    you're all forgetting about how this would effect other jobs, for example, red mage still lacks cure 5, and redmage along with whitemage would benefit most of all from cure potency boosts in traits as they tend to be the main healers of everything inside or outside abyssea

yes, I understand tha this is the forum for plds, but you have to remember that all jobs balance need to be considered in updating a single job
    (0)
    Last edited by Gakaroth; 03-14-2011 at 05:17 AM.

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Cure Potency Trait is a good idea, but WHMs are going to scream for the trait too, and they're the dominant healers. And I like the idea of a job ability that absorbs some of the parties' emnity like Blood Saber absorbs HP.
    (0)
    Last edited by JagerForrester; 03-14-2011 at 05:19 AM.
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)

Quote Originally Posted by JagerForrester View Post
    Cure Potency Trait is a good idea, but WHMs are going to scream for the trait too, and they're the dominant healers. And I like the idea of a job ability that absorbs some of the parties' emnity like Blood Saber absorbs HP.
    WHM's get cure potency with either Light Staff or Surya's staff, empyrean headpiece, and Noble's/Aristocrats tunic. Not sure how much more they really need, specially in Abyssea, lol. All we Paladin's have for increased potency, without using a Light Staff, is the Hospitaler's Earring.

@Gakaroth I'm guessing SE is going to give Red Mages Cure V in the last few levels for that reason, but only time will tell. White Mages already have Cure VI, so why not give Red Mages Cure V already.

Absorbing enmity from surrounding people in your party/alliance would certainly be nice.
    (0)

Character
    Jager
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    Yes there are many equipment options to increase Cure Potency. But you mentioned it as an active Job Trait, and I addressed it as that.
    (0)
    "I find bliss in ignorance. Less I hear the less you'll say. But you'll find that out anyway."
    - Linkin Park (Dedicated to all the trolls and flamers out there)