Character
    Sebi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Pray

Hello, very old WHM here.

Seeing that Cura and Cura II have never been used I'd like to propose a change. Maybe you guys should think about reintroducing Pray and/or Vigor. Like range attacks are forced each round, pray would be the same way. Player would have a delay like a melee's swing. Pray would heal for only a small amount, building up very gradually. Allowing WHM to store mp, if only for a little while. Pray and Vigor should have the distance and rules of cura, very short and very limiting. Self target only. This allows WHM to step forward into frontline while still remaining a mage. Since this JA would be would forced, those who wish to melee may continue to do so.

Just a suggestion~ Thanks
    (7)

Character
    Kiimara
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I like the idea but you could essentially do the same thing /SCH with Regen. Because of that I dunno if they would ever thing about putting something like this in but I would be all for it.
    (0)

Sig by Kingfury!
    (jobs in order) SMN90, BST90, WHM90, BLM90, DNC90, THF 90

Character
    Ahrana
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    This is almost exactly the same as astral favor using carby. While regen effects look good on paper, they rarely get used because they're not potent enough.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebi View Post
    Seeing that Cura and Cura II have never been used
    Cura is commonly used for waking up a large group, or dealing with AOE damage if you were lucky enough to have Misery up when it happened. Recently, I've been able to mostly cure the damage from 1000 Needles when duoing with someone doing a trial.

As for a 0 MP cure, the AF3 legs make a good macro piece when casting any -aga style cure, and Cura I/II is the most reliable for this considering the extreme potency and cheap cost.

For Regen effects, what others have said about /SCH is probably your best bet. Regen effects are usually not very strong, and usually mostly useful when farming, or curing someone in the backline who won't get hit again any time soon (and if they do, they deserve it ).
    (1)

Character
    Sebi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This isn't meant to be a regen effect of any kind, but rather a JA AoE form of healing. Building up like the avatar's favor from carbuncle, with each successive use. This should be a unique form of healing for WHMs. Cura is very under used, being that it is enhanced by Misery as you said, people only get lucky that it was up after esuna or something to see any sort of potency. I am not asking for WHM to cure for free but rather a new and faster form of healing (Probably also more fun.)
    (0)

Character
    Redds
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 50
    well they have martyr but that sacrifices your hp to heal another party member's hp so i guess martyr is a sort of like pray..
    (0)
    Healin' is mah bizness ladies! an' bizness is guud!

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I can see it as like Chakra, cure IV in a can, but for your entire PT. Doesn't use MP and generates next to no enmity, put it on a 5min timer.
    (0)

Character
    Noirin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinecord View Post
    well they have martyr but that sacrifices your hp to heal another party member's hp so i guess martyr is a sort of like pray..
    true,however martyr only hurts a WHM if they use it without stoneskin up.otherwise the damage occured to them is almost,if not fully,absorbed.same when it comes to devotion.
    (0)

Character
    Sebi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    I can see it as like Chakra, cure IV in a can, but for your entire PT. Doesn't use MP and generates next to no enmity, put it on a 5min timer.
    Definitely not that great of a potency but rather starting from cure I, and gradually building. Since this would have the wait of a range atk. We have to be realistic on it's potency. Sure it would be enhanced by mind but it would make a "unique" whm only form of healing. If whm is to surpass anyone, adding cure VII won't make for a better mage, Nor would a stronger curaga. I can see how they restrict RDMs and SCHs from cure V to keep whm on top but Pray would separate whm from the pool entirely.

Pray isn't to replace any of the already given cures we would still need for the heavy hitters (Voidwatch mobs for example), but on fights where the mob is weak in attack, just like DDs need to change their sets and tanks need to alter their methods of tanking. Whm would be able to relax while being in melee range.
    (0)

Player
    I know it's a different mechanic than Pray being that they're spells, but the Regen line of spells are ideal for the situations you're describing as times when you would use Pray.
    (1)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast