Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

I can't seem to stay on longer than 10 minutes

I've been gone a couple months and now that I have some time to play again, I can't stay on very long. If it's because I have to update my payment to Clickandbuy, then no thanks. I wish you all the best of luck.
    (1)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Character
    Sayn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 95
    Are you dcing out? Might wanna check ports are forwarded correctly.
    (1)

3. 08-23-2011 10:38 PM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Is it the same ISP you've always used?

Have you recently up/downgraded to a higher/lower speed?

Are you using a new router or some type of new hardware?

Have you tried playing on a different computer?

If none of that seems to be the problem, try doing a "check Files" and see if there's a corrupted dat or something causing you to d/c.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Zoner
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 95
    Router/modem is usually the culprit behind d/cs like this. It can seem fine just casual browsing on the internet, but connecting to FFXI is where you see if your router has any design flaws.
    (0)

Isn't there a pill for that?

Seriously though... Have you got unlimited downloads from your ISP? Even if you have and you've gone outside 'fair use' they will restrict your access which might cause this type of problem.

Could be the payment thing tho. If you haven't switched SE will block you like you haven't paid sooner or later.
    (0)
    The days of the digital watch are numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert_Lakshmi View Post
    I've been gone a couple months and now that I have some time to play again, I can't stay on very long. If it's because I have to update my payment to Clickandbuy, then no thanks. I wish you all the best of luck.

Need more information on just exactly what is going on.

If you are not able to log all the way into the game because you need to make changes toyour billing, then you may need to complete the transfer process so you can access the proper pages to do it. That wouldn't affect the stability of your connection though.

If it is a matter of your connection or the game crashing, then there is a technical issue with either your system/game files or your connection/ISP.

Need to clarify just exactly what is going on to determine what to troubleshoot.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Firebert
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I can get into the actual game just fine. I'm in Jeuno forr maybe 5 to 10 minutes before my game crashes. And when it crashes my entire internet connection is down for a while. Nothing's changed with my internet plan within the past months. Unless Qwest became a piece of crap.
    (0)
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

That sounds like a failing modem/router. I ran into some issues with my TWC issued modem a few months back. Sometimes internet was up full throttle for hours, or it would be in 5-10 minute spurts. Took me half an hour to get emails out to some friends that I wouldn't be able to attend that weekend's LS events because of it.

Tech replaced all my connectors, tested resistances, ran transfer tests and everything checked out on the lines---2 modem swaps later, I was back up and running full throttle.

I'd contact your local provider to schedule a tech to come check your lines and have them bring a pre-tested modem with them for swap out, just in case.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Buffy
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    The thought that Click and Buy is in some way responsible for your failure to stay online is the single most absurd statement I've ever heard or read. Did you think that through? You said even after you get booted from the game, you have trouble with your internet. How is that possibly Click and Buy's fault?
    (2)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Does it happen only in Jeuno, or elsewhere too?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast