Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player

break spell and now a new one whats the point?

Break doesnt work @ all... maybee if you want too go too the low level areas and have a laugh or two doing break on a rabbit or worm but anyways
    Break Needs too be fix instead of making Version 2.
    If it doesnt work why make second part of a spell?
    (1)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordscyon View Post
    Break doesnt work @ all... maybee if you want too go too the low level areas and have a laugh or two doing break on a rabbit or worm but anyways
    Level up enfeebling magic skill, use an Terra's Staff instead of an Auster's Staff, and watch the 30+ seconds of continuous Petrifies on VT trash mobs.

And sometimes on NMs too. But if you need to stop a NM from doing anything for an extended period of time (instead of using Break as a ghetto stun) then you and your party are doing it wrong.
    (3)

Character
    Alkimi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I don't know where you're using but it does have uses. Breakga will be really useful for crowd control, just cast it before a bunch of mobs wake up and you can safely resleep without them all beating on you.
    (6)

...break is useful for being one of the only things that can "hold" undead that a black mage can use (bind is unreliable in general and undead resist ice spells often anyway so all you have left is gravity)

Now that we have breakga we can stop undead more effectivly.
    (3)

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    bind is unreliable?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by DebbieGibson View Post
    bind is unreliable?
    It can be... unlike sleep it has a tendency to wear off earlier then it's full duration (and if I remember right even its full duration isn't that long... about the same as break's).... and monsters can still cast spells even if they are bound thus in most cases your better off using sleep/gravity unless the situation forces you to use bind or break.
    (0)
    Last edited by Darkwizardzin; 08-22-2011 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwizardzin View Post
    It can be... unlike sleep it has a tendency to wear off earlier then it's full duration (and if I remember right even its full duration isn't that long... about the same as break's).... and monsters can still cast spells even if they are bound thus in most cases your better off using sleep/gravity unless the situation forces you to use bind or break.
    Because mobs can't cast spells while under the effect of gravity...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Because mobs can't cast spells while under the effect of gravity...
    ..why is everyone on my case? ok yea monsters can cast while they are under the effect of gravity but not only does gravity last longer.... monsters in general are more likly to not resist gravity then they are to not resist bind. Plus you can still attack/damage a monster under gravity without it wearing off.

gravity > bind.... I don't know how I can make this clearer.

You are better off casting sleep and/or gravity to hold monsters because they are better spells then bind and break. Bind and break are better used for when your fighting monsters where sleep/gravity isn't very useful.
    (0)
    Last edited by Darkwizardzin; 08-23-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkwizardzin View Post
    ..why is everyone on my case? ok yea monsters can cast while they are under the effect of gravity but not only does gravity last longer.... monsters in general are more likly to not resist gravity then they are to not resist bind. Plus you can still attack/damage a monster under gravity without it wearing off.

gravity > bind.... I don't know how I can make this clearer.

You are better off casting sleep and/or gravity to hold monsters because they are better spells then bind and break. Bind and break are better used for when your fighting monsters where sleep/gravity isn't very useful.
    Sorry, I was just being facetious

I agree gravity > bind, but I find break just as useful as either of them, or sleep too. If I get lumbered with being fisherman in uleg range on rdm, I'll grab a mob with break, 1 with gravity, 1 with sleep, then 1 with paralyze or slow. Almost never get any resists an any of them.
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    <hugs darkwizardzin>
    (1)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast