Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    In addition to the other uses stated, my favorite use of break is to "sleep" a mob someone has put a DoT on. Whereas DoT will always wake up a mob slept traditionally, DoT has very little chance to un-break them in my experience.
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Simple solution; Don't dot mobs you're not fighting and have the intention of sleeping.

I also prefer sleepga > sleepga 2 method of things as stated after 2:30 whatever you've slept should be killed, if not then you need to start casting sleepga 1:27 after you casted the last spell.

Edit: brd for dark resistant mobs especially as they're multi functional and better than another DD.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dirtyfinger; 09-11-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyfinger View Post
    Simple solution; Don't dot mobs you're not fighting and have the intention of sleeping.
    Really, genius? I find in an 18-man alliance people aren't always playing according to the FFXI for Dummies rule book. Also, there are a lot of times I want to put a DoT on a mob and be able to disable it, which break works nicely for.
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    18 man alliance for what?
    (1)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    You wanna talk useless magic? Every magic-wielding job has some of it. Not every spell is supposed to be useful to you in every situation. Break actually has its uses. If you never find yourself in a situation to make use of it yourself, oh well. I could fill books with the spells and JAs and puppet attachments and equipment which I own but use less than once a year. If you want to start trimming the fat by getting rid of (or upgrading) rarely used spells, break is a poor starting point.
    (1)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    You wanna talk useless magic? Every magic-wielding job has some of it. Not every spell is supposed to be useful to you in every situation. Break actually has its uses. If you never find yourself in a situation to make use of it yourself, oh well. I could fill books with the spells and JAs and puppet attachments and equipment which I own but use less than once a year. If you want to start trimming the fat by getting rid of (or upgrading) rarely used spells, break is a poor starting point.
    Speaking of which, how about that Poisonga spell, pretty useful, wait....what does it do besides MPK again? (start there)
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soranika View Post
    Rajas ring is as outdated as Tamas ring at this point.
    -_-....

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordscyon View Post
    Break doesnt work @ all... maybee if you want too go too the low level areas and have a laugh or two doing break on a rabbit or worm but anyways
    Break Needs too be fix instead of making Version 2.
    If it doesnt work why make second part of a spell?
    To Breakga Scorpions in Dynamis - Bastok. I've been waiting for this moment for years.
    (5)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Lol, I like to break stuff, Blm breaking stuff is good, Blm adapt or die....
    (0)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3