Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    I'm calling the 1-week announcement tomorrow, just for QQs and giggles.
    (0)

Character
    Twille
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    It's obvious isn't it? The level cap increase will be held until AFTER the account transfer deadline.
    SE will try to use the level cap increase to lure back the players it loses because of their ridiculous new payment options.

When they see the horribly low subscription numbers, the level cap update will be almost immediate.
    (0)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I feel like it's a good time to invest in the tinfoil industry.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Seriha View Post
    I feel like it's a good time to invest in the tinfoil industry.
    Aluminum - heavy duty type armor, guaranteed to provide a thick skin against the ravages of ???????????????? add whatever you like here.
    (0)
    Proud to be "Old School" and to have completed CoP pre-nerf

Character
    Blowfin
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    COR Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonlionheart View Post
    Why do people keep bringing this up? The roadmap was produced after that disaster.

Whatever it is, I'm sure they projected the effects of the tsunami into the road map
    Because it's more than likely fact?

Think I brought this up in the past too but if memory serves me correctly the power crisis and subsequent shutdown of servers and businesses took place after the roadmap was released. Remember how we got that free month? Not sure what everyone is trying to suggest, that the dev. team has been lazy or something? That it's a big conspiracy? More to the point, who gives a toss really.
    (0)
    Last edited by blowfin; 08-23-2011 at 01:18 PM.

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Because it's more than likely fact?

Think I brought this up in the past too but if memory serves me correctly the power crisis and subsequent shutdown of servers and businesses took place after the roadmap was released. Remember how we got that free month? Not sure what everyone is trying to suggest, that the dev. team has been lazy or something? That it's a big conspiracy? More to the point, who gives a toss really.
    No, what Leon is saying is that the effects of the tsunami wasn't known when they released that road map. They are still having power shortages in Japan, abet in a smaller effect now.

Yeah, they released it afterwards, but think about it, do you think they planned everything in that road map in a week after they released that road map when we started playing again?
    (0)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    Ty korpg.

Also, I think I was wrong about the monday sneak update.
    (0)

Given the update does nothing relevant for any of my jobs and I'm still wallowing in level 90 content (need more AF3+2 items and just started working on empyrean weapon), I hope it doesn't happen until September personally.

For those of you done with Abyssea: there's always VWNM.
    (0)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    It will be in 3 years.

Seriously, give me a break. We dont usually get a date until a week before at best. Knowing when isn't oging to make it come faster either. They said the timing will be announced soon, so probably after the weekend is over. Take a deep breath. Relax. Inhale, exhale. Keep your pants on whilst doing so.
    My thing is that I'm not really satisfied with the game for the most part, and I don't know whether or not I'm going to want to stick with it if there isn't something interesting or cool for one of my jobs in the update...

Notes are fine, but I'd like to know everything that happens in the update so I can make my decision -- if its not until September after they said it was August, that's fine, but I'd like to know that's what's going to happen.

And typically, we do have a decent idea of the time frame of the updates a long time before they happen -- they usually say "Early", "mid" or "Late" -- and those ranges are pretty reliable (usually within a couple days of each other... most "late" dates are between the 20th and the 25th, for example.)

But yeah, its not big deal, but frankly I'd like to know when its going to land.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Twille View Post
    It's obvious isn't it? The level cap increase will be held until AFTER the account transfer deadline.
    SE will try to use the level cap increase to lure back the players it loses because of their ridiculous new payment options.

When they see the horribly low subscription numbers, the level cap update will be almost immediate.
    Proven false by the delay of the account transfer deadline and addressing of people's payment complaints.

Notes are fine, but I'd like to know everything that happens in the update so I can make my decision
    Making a decision based on the update notes without actually experiencing any of it is rather short-sighted, don't you think? Not every nitty-gritty little detail is covered by the update notes, either. Take the new THF ability for instance. First, everyone took it for what it said and thought it meant "Intimidates the target once" and assumed it was total garbage. Then we eventually learned that it's better than that (By how much, you can be the judge)
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 08-24-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast