Thread: Amnesia

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

Amnesia

Hi, Why do we not have a spell to remove this yet?

Oh cool, addle? greeeeeeeeat!

Now how about that amneisa.

Baramnesia you say? FAAAAAANTASTIC!

now how about....REMOVING IT!?

....?

we can remove every single enfeeble...but this.... except charm buit even getting that.........( we won't get started on doom woes)
    (1)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We would like to make it possible to cure Amnesia in the future, but we are planning to make it a type of magic that has a set chance of recovery similar to Doom.
    Was posted in the Job Manifesto...

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post172887
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I'm aware it was posted there -_- but a "chance" to remove it really dosn't help...

Better then nothing i guess?

bascaily going to suicide if you have doom and amneisa on at the same time.
    (0)

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Holy water and ecphoria ring
    (0)

Character
    Mystina
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Yep, cause if somone has holy water you most certainly don't cast cursna at all to help them out. like wise is the same if an amnesia removing spell is there vs a ehancntmet item that is limited to having it on at all times... >_>...
    (0)

Character
    Aleste
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I wonder if they tweaked it so that Divine Caress had say, double the chance at removing doom (and amnesia) it would prove more useful...
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleste View Post
    I wonder if they tweaked it so that Divine Caress had say, double the chance at removing doom (and amnesia) it would prove more useful...
    In a sense, it already does. It seems to add extra ticks to the Doom counter if it fails to remove it, at least with Orison Mitts +2. I assume it blocks the next Doom if it does remove the effect, but I haven't fought Bukhis or Chloris in a while so I can't say for certain.
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I didn't know about the extra ticks, although I'm still hoping SE actually listens to us and helps the barailment spells (in the update they seemed to act like we were talking about our barelement spells just to derail us actually getting an answer).

On Divine Caress preventing debuffs, I can't say that it really does help all that much. Of course, it doesn't help when the ailments you want to block most are auras and Ice Spikes. Sometimes I wish it would say what caused you to resist an ailment, although currently the barailement spells just reduce duration (completely freaking useless) to my knowledge.

Another issue I have is that SE somehow thinks that it is acceptable to ignore the issue of healing magic not effecting the rates of curing these. Currently I'm more likely to merit throwing then I am healing magic skill, and that's something majorly wrong. Maybe when SE decides to fix Cure VI to not cap at 5.02/7.53 HP/MP vs. Cure V's 6/9 HP/MP (Aside from Abyssea, these aren't really realistic, but they are possible. Why does Cure II have better potency then Cure VI?) and actually be a more efficient cure, they'll make healing magic skill majorly affect the cure potency. If people who've never played White Mage have to have the assumption that Cure VI makes White Mage the better cure job, we should at least make it as efficient as Cure V, if not more, and the easiest way to do that is a focus on healing magic skill.
    (1)

Player
    Amnesia! should be introduce in abyssea areas too stop people from ruby mobs lol
    (0)

Character
    Retsujo
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    I assume it blocks the next Doom if it does remove the effect, but I haven't fought Bukhis or Chloris in a while so I can't say for certain.
    Test against Meganteron with a PLD tank. That'll get you the numbers you're looking for. Along with plenty of deaths!
    (0)
    Through the confinement of Valefor I found myself in the depths of Hades. It was there that I was thrown into Cerberus' Den. Only through Carbuncle's light could I find my way.