World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

[dev1023] Dynamis Adjustments

I was reading about the updates and got excited to hear:

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein
    With this change, Goblin NPCs will no longer sell the "Timeless Hourglass."
    Awesome! That means I can use my Perpetual Hourglass to get into ALL the Dynamis zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein
    Furthermore, the "Perpetual Hourglass" may no longer be used to access Dynamis areas.
    Uhm, okay, I guess that's cool too...

But, what about everyone that bought one of these already? Are we just SOL? Will it just be removed from our Key Items and never hold any significance ever again? Or will it just sit there and rot, as a reminder that we wasted 50k on something that ultimately became worthless?

And what about people that have already bought a Timeless Hourglass? Are they just out that 500k? I'd be pretty peeved if it were me.

Hey, uh, Square Enix guys? How about a little more clarification, huh? Seems like that's some pretty big information that got left out there. I understand that with the introduction of Cruor, Gil doesn't really have much of a place anymore, but come on!

By the way, I'm not sure if the title was supposed to be the same "dev" tag as well or not. Figured I'd cover myself, just in case.
    (1)
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor." ~ W. Masters
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters
    "There's nothing wrong with being wrong." ~ W. Masters

Quality of Life Ideas & More:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43689-Quality-of-Life-Ideas-More

Character
    Dijana
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Are you maybe confused with the prismatic hourglass? The key item that costs 50k is prismatic, timeless is what used to be bought for 500k and becomes perpetual hourglass when traded to the trail markings/heiroglyphs.

With CoP dynamis changing to what the other dynamis zones are now like, Im going to assume all it means is we can use the prismatic hourglass KI to enter..
    (1)

Character
    Bluplanet
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    re: [dev1023] Dynamis Adjustments

•Dynamis-wide Adjustments: >> •Maps >> •Maps will be displayable in Dynamis areas.
    •Dynamis maps may be purchased from the same Goblin NPCs who sell the "Prismatic Hourglass." How much? 3,000 gil perhaps?

•Adjustments to Dynamis-Valkurm, Dynamis-Buburimu, Dynamis-Qufim, and Dynamis-Tavnazia: >> •Support Job Restrictions
    Please consider this also... "• Ancient Currency drop rate percentage will increase by xx% when support job restrictions are enabled."
    (0)
    Bluplanet @ Leviathan

Image by: Syllvian (FFXI retired)

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yes, actually, I did get the perpetual mixed up with the prismatic. That actually fixes that problem. My bad, thank you.
    (0)

How much? 3,000 gil perhaps?
    3000 currency, hohohoho. SE strikes back.
    (1)

Character
    Zatias
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I was actually thinking maybe it would either cost a small sum of gil or a drop in each dynamis zone (like Leering Bjiou sp? for dyna beaucidine map)

That way you had to explore it before you can "cheat with maps".
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Open dyn is good. No matter what you paid before for your KI, the loss of it is nothing compaired to what you had to pay before... every single time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluplanet View Post
    Please consider this also... "• Ancient Currency drop rate percentage will increase by xx% when support job restrictions are enabled."
    They already said they had no plans what-so-ever to increase any cyrrency drop rates as it would disrupt the balance of the game. There's already more then 10x the ammount of currency on the market as it is.
    (0)