Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Gaiben
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Job Adjustment MNK - New stance idea

So based on the [dev 1024] I have come to an idea for a MNK stance that should help with guard skill. Since there is going to be job abilities that increase the activation rate of shielding and parrying how about one for increasing guarding rate. Also keep it in the mind of stances and make it like its brother counterstance.

-Guarding Stance (Lv. 95)
    Increases activation of guarding but lowers evasion.

Make it a 5min recast with a 5min duration. Also make it so you get a 30%-50% activation rate of guard, BUT makes your evasion halved of not lower.

Not only will it make skilling up much much easier, but it will be a fun and dangerous little ability.
    (3)

I like this idea. We should get something for Guard. I would even settle for 10-20% activation rate.
    (1)
    - Usukane / Ramuh Server

Character
    Lynchilles
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So you want an ability that will make us get hit more?

No. Go away.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynchilles View Post
    So you want an ability that will make us get hit more?

No. Go away.
    Troll harder BK. I support his ability 100%, dear lawd I'll take anything to help with skilling Guard at this point. Sitting at 171 using a Prouesse Ring & Elsheena and it's still like pulling teeth.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Malacite View Post
    Troll harder BK. I support his ability 100%, dear lawd I'll take anything to help with skilling Guard at this point. Sitting at 171 using a Prouesse Ring & Elsheena and it's still like pulling teeth.
    But there's no point to having skilled up guard in all reality. Let alone a JA that lets you guard more.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    agree but only if they change guard/counter checks (check counter BEFORE guard)
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    agree but only if they change guard/counter checks (check counter BEFORE guard)
    counter is checked before guard and if you meant the other way around for w/e reason, why would you want to take damage rather than take no damage and deal damage?
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    For guard stance to mean anything it would have to be more along the lines of

Inc guard rate to 50%
    Decrease atk / slow/ emnity loss etc (aka one of these not all)

Basically you turn into a turtle. Nothing else makes sense, you wouldn't want to get hit more often and getting hit for mroe dmg defeats the purpose.
    (0)

Character
    Gaiben
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    The idea with lowering your evasion is it is more situationally useful. Although MNK has above average evasion there are still plent of mobs that have stupid good accuracy and will hit 90% of the time. Plus if your using this in combination with counter job abilities and gear your not 100% relying on it but using it as another back up. If this stance gave you a significant boost to guard to where you got a 30-50% guard rate on top of a decent counter rate you would be looking at a 10-20% chance at best your opponet actually does full normal damage against you.

I will admit in design it is also to make skilling it up easier. You can't get guard skill unless the enemy actually hits you (unlike darn evasion where you can evade or get hit and still get skill). But also being a stance you need to sacrifice something for the enhancement. Looking at attack power/speed loss not only lacks a bit of sense, it just isn't usable. Giving up counter is counter productive (yes bad pun -10points to me), since guard and counter are designed to work together espeically with this stance. Thus the easiest answer is removing evasion since it is a factor that is made up for by the stance (minorly) and is easily made up for with counter or blink/utsu.
    (1)

Character
    Francisco
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    +Guard Rate for -Evasion will never happen...

Similarly to what Dfoley said, the most logical ability for guard would be something like:

Pacifist (Lv.95 MNK)
    Duration: 2 minutes
    Recast: 2 minutes
    Description: Forfeits attacks to stand in guarding position, gradually reduces enmity.

The idea of the JA would be to stand there, waiting to block attacks. It'd work pretty well if you want to avoid tanking... it would let a MNK "cool down" their hate and get the fight focused on a PLD again.

Not useful for stuff like Abyssea - but going forward it might be nice for the 95-99 content.
    (1)

"How do I lock threads?"

Consume the contents of a bottle of Extra Strength Tylonel and then drink a beer. Soon, all threads will be locked.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast