Character
    Darkshade
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Any news on a 2011 VanaFest or other news outlines regarding the games future?

I was wondering if a community rep could chime in about any possible XI events (VanaFest/FanFest), if they're happening, if they're not happening, and when we can expect an outline of the next set of content to be released.

As it is I'm having a really hard time enjoying the game at the moment because I'm just burnt out on all available content and I'm not too excited about the retrofitted older content being updated. I really feel like we need a new real expansion or new areas or something different that isn't just Abyssea's rule sheet copy pasted.

I'm not sure what the games subscriber status is like but I assume it's still profitable since most servers seem to have 1-3K players on at any given time.

Sorry if I sound dismal, I've played XI for years and I'd just really like to see something else come out of it. If there isn't anything big planned I guess that Abyssea was meant to be the big finish or something. :/

Thanks for reading.
    (0)
    XI - Darkshade - Shiva
    XIV - Shade Highwind - Figaro

they are doing job adjustments putting in the 95 cap (finally) and released the job mefesto. I do not think vanafest is happening due to the ongoing clean up efforts in japan. Remember not everything is back to normal over there. I know this from a japanese friend of mine in ffxiv. They just came back from a visit with family and still are cleaning up. They live in america and currently going to school.
    character name is sayuri sawateri (spelling? on last name)

anyway that is the future of the game as listen in the reportings.
    (0)

to add cuz text limit

I do not see any bigg content till level 99 cap is out aby is good til 95. this game does have a lot of content that the playerbase is ignoring and not bringing the newbies through die to the need to speed level to 90 in a day. Or assume everyone is speed leveling.

I'm not and enjoying the game speed leveling is slowly killing it. And do not gimi the "i level x jobs" I rerolled over 20 times leveling various jobs as various races in 7 years. And I'm not bored of leveling yet. Leveling is bread and butter of rpg. There is no such rpg w/o a form of leveling.
    (0)

Player
    Been wondering this stuff myself.
    (0)

<< been testy over ffxi and ffxiv thigs sorry if I was snappy.

But Again prob no event till japan is back to normal. but they released alot of on going road maps. such as level 99 at some point as well as the job mefesto. I think we will see a new big content increase with 99. (they gotta give people something to do at those levels) the irony is if the old road map was on time, we would already have 99. since it was set for december of 2010. XD

I think SE is putting more focus on 14 till it gets fixed up and put into charging a fee. Game is pretty fun atm though

anyway those are my 2 cents
    (0)