Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    atleast climactic flourish was useful (before the update) on king antro.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by KanaaLuv View Post
    Yea haste samba is the support but some people expect us to help cure more even if the whm has it covered nothing wrong with a little help here and there. That was my point.
    So what you're saying is, you wanna waste TP when there is already someone who can cure you without any problems? Ok, makes sense.
    (0)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    So what you're saying is, you wanna waste TP when there is already someone who can cure you without any problems? Ok, makes sense.
    SO you're saying you would rather be stuck in solo land being turned down for groups because "lol we need a real healer". Our heals are like 75% of our job - what reason is there to not want them enhanced? We shouldn't *have* to rely on another job - I get that white mage is supposed to be master of healing but still - as dnc there should be more than just damage we can put our TP into.
    (1)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 08-24-2011 at 11:33 AM.

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibayama View Post
    SO you're saying you would rather be stuck in solo land being turned down for groups because "lol we need a real healer". Our heals are like 75% of our job - what reason is there to not want them enhanced? We shouldn't *have* to rely on another job - I get that white mage is supposed to be master of healing but still - as dnc there should be more than just damage we can put our TP into.
    Agreed, this is how the job worked at 75, too bad they just want to turn us into another mindless DD or something :/
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Shibayama View Post
    I never said that's what I wanted, I just said right now we aren't needed much at all for our healing abilities nor are they nearly as effective as WHMs. So might as well concentrate on other areas instead of wasting our tp trying to 1-up the WHM.

Edit: Why are you being turned down from groups? DNCs can take pretty damn well in group situations. If you're in a seal party, sub nin and bring tools to proc yellow. Otherwise, tanking is pretty good.
    (0)

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by KanaaLuv View Post
    Did anyone take into consideration that Flourishes III were probably made so we can do a decent Rudra's? Or maybe so we can pump out more damage when we solo. Honestly I don't down the flourishes until I test them myself. We all downed Climatic until now its praised. We have no idea what SE has planned as far as AF3 vs new abilities/traits post lv90 and lets not forget the upcoming changes to job specific merit points. What would you rather have in Flourishes III? Raises? No,thx. Honestly, I don't care to spam Dancing Edge Or Evis/PK Reverse Evis. I rather skill chain with Rudra which does nice damage thanks to Flourishes III whether it was Climatic or Striking. It's like no one is satisfied anymore, there is a complaint about everything, they gave us more ways to dd now I guess the problem is we lack in the support department. Furthermore if the game is gradually moving outside Abyssea I would prefer to be able to force a CRIT/DA/TA if my daggers only hitting for low numbers on voidwatch type mobs. But then I guess that's when someone would say loldnc dd. Again, a counter for everything.
    You actually argue perfectly for why Ternary will be completely useless, unless, like I have said before, it comes with a significant hidden bonus. If it is capable of forcing crits, then it won't be completely useless, and depending on the rate, could rival climactic in situations where you weren't going to chain two rudra's back to back.

However, Striking did not force a crit on its own (Only with af3+2 body), so this ability seems unlikely to be included for Ternary. Hence, it won't see any use from good players whatsoever, and SE wasted their development time.
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    However, Striking did not force a crit on its own (Only with af3+2 body), so this ability seems unlikely to be included for Ternary. Hence, it won't see any use from good players whatsoever, and SE wasted their development time.
    I think thats wrong. Striking always has a chance to make a WS crit. +1 and +2 body only Increase the odd of criting.

Nevertheless theres a hidden effect of increased crit dmg on the Tiara so WS on Climactic is the best bet now anyway.

We can assume Tren will have the same *chance* of criting a ws as striking had without enhancement gear.
    Thats like never! Climactic wins for ws puposes. Leave alone the hidden bonus on Tiara.
    (0)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eri View Post
    I think thats wrong. Striking always has a chance to make a WS crit. +1 and +2 body only Increase the odd of criting.
    I'm pretty sure that's not true, but it's hard to disprove things so I'm not going to try.
    (4)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    If not than not XD but i figure none wants to try (me included) since one way or the other.... Climactic wins. Except for.... if you had 5 FM . Climactic would use all. Strikeing would use like 2 (i think, not that mutch into wsing) so if you'd want to use something but keep a few FMs it'd be Striking. Guess theres not a huge chance that'd happen thu.
    (0)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    I never said that's what I wanted, I just said right now we aren't needed much at all for our healing abilities nor are they nearly as effective as WHMs. So might as well concentrate on other areas instead of wasting our tp trying to 1-up the WHM.

Edit: Why are you being turned down from groups? DNCs can take pretty damn well in group situations. If you're in a seal party, sub nin and bring tools to proc yellow. Otherwise, tanking is pretty good.
    Very unreliable kurayami and less damage makes ninja a better tank for seals. No TH makes THF a better tank for seals, they can also sub NIN too. No reason to ever use a DNC over another job inside abyssea.

Dancer is a lot more viable outside though!
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast