Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Solsticewind
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 90
    >_> I don't use any of the Flourish III's out side of playing with em when they came out and again when they changed the one beyond that *shurges* there all useless for me rather save my finishing moves in case of a oh crap moment or if my tp gets wiped bye a mob move.
    (0)
    Its not the fall that kills you its the sudden stop at the end that dose.

"I'm fine it was only 5 IT's that linked on me" TE farming as a Dnc is always fun

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Climactic Flourish is very good if and only if you have Rudra's Storm.
    As of the dev1024 post, the JP version has Ternary listed under Flourishes III which unfortunately nukes into oblivion any niche use it might have had. They wasted their time programming the ability (although I suspect it was mostly copy/paste and changing values from Striking, gogogo time saving) and developing an animation that no one will ever see more than once.

Dear development team, have you ever actually played this class?
    (1)

Character
    Kanaa
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Did anyone take into consideration that Flourishes III were probably made so we can do a decent Rudra's? Or maybe so we can pump out more damage when we solo. Honestly I don't down the flourishes until I test them myself. We all downed Climatic until now its praised. We have no idea what SE has planned as far as AF3 vs new abilities/traits post lv90 and lets not forget the upcoming changes to job specific merit points. What would you rather have in Flourishes III? Raises? No,thx. Honestly, I don't care to spam Dancing Edge Or Evis/PK Reverse Evis. I rather skill chain with Rudra which does nice damage thanks to Flourishes III whether it was Climatic or Striking. It's like no one is satisfied anymore, there is a complaint about everything, they gave us more ways to dd now I guess the problem is we lack in the support department. Furthermore if the game is gradually moving outside Abyssea I would prefer to be able to force a CRIT/DA/TA if my daggers only hitting for low numbers on voidwatch type mobs. But then I guess that's when someone would say loldnc dd. Again, a counter for everything.
    (2)
    Last edited by KanaaLuv; 08-22-2011 at 11:56 AM.

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Well, its nice that you have rudra's but still most of us would rather see a) more support abilities that have real group combat applications (the raise dance thing is such old news at this point no?) and b) abilities that don't benefit a small portion of the dnc population with a specific weaponskill.
    (0)

Character
    Bubeeky
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 92
    I think we got shafted
    (0)
    Love life, dare to dream, and LIVE ON PURPOSE!
    Also make sure to beat up any evil elvaans along the way, as we all know tarus are the ultimate race.

Character
    Kanaa
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibayama View Post
    Well, its nice that you have rudra's but still most of us would rather see a) more support abilities that have real group combat applications (the raise dance thing is such old news at this point no?) and b) abilities that don't benefit a small portion of the dnc population with a specific weaponskill.
    Your right everyone doesn't have rudra, but even so why gimp the people that do? If I went through the trouble to get Rudra and it was trash I would be highly upset. I've seen nice shark bites and PK's with climatic, but I guess because of razed ruin everyone evis. I wouldn't mind having more things that make me a support player but dnc is a job that can be played many ways. I've seen some dancers haste samba saber dance and that's it, no support to the party what so ever. Only reason I mentioned the raise thing again is because it might be old but it was brought up again for this update. Support wise I would like to see a new samba and step, and not have any more JA's lowered to those that sub dnc. I think it's good we have versatile abilities because we can cure,tank,dd,support whichever to your liking.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by KanaaLuv View Post
    no support to the party what so ever.
    Haste Samba is the support. If you're talking about cures WHM does it infinitely better and if you're in a party on anything difficult, you probably already have a WHM. Healing Waltz is nice, I always make sure after an AoE to see if the healer got afflicted and if so, I erase them. Otherwise, Accession + Erase/'na will be much more efficient. This is fairly rare, since most WHMs I know do a good job of keeping their distance.
    (0)

Character
    Shibayama
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by KanaaLuv View Post
    Your right everyone doesn't have rudra, but even so why gimp the people that do? If I went through the trouble to get Rudra and it was trash I would be highly upset. I've seen nice shark bites and PK's with climatic, but I guess because of razed ruin everyone evis. I wouldn't mind having more things that make me a support player but dnc is a job that can be played many ways. I've seen some dancers haste samba saber dance and that's it, no support to the party what so ever. Only reason I mentioned the raise thing again is because it might be old but it was brought up again for this update. Support wise I would like to see a new samba and step, and not have any more JA's lowered to those that sub dnc. I think it's good we have versatile abilities because we can cure,tank,dd,support whichever to your liking.

The problem is, its not the fact that this is an ability which supports rudras, its that we already have two other flourish III's that can do that fine.

It wouldn't be so much of an issue if they could be used in conjunction with eachother but they're all on a shared timer and striking only lasts for one hit anyway.

So with Ternary Flourish it'll either completely eclipse striking and climactic and then we'll have two useless abilities and one good one if we wanna power up rudras/shark bite or it won't be as strong as the other two and will be useless. Personally I don't see the point unless this flourish is on a short timer and can be used to get 3x the tp from a swing if yer hurting for it and don't have reverse up yet or something, which is still a laughably situational buff like pre-buff presto was.

But right now if its just an ability to power up weaponskills it'll either be better or worse without much room for situational use unless there's some hidden effect they're not telling us.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shibayama; 08-23-2011 at 06:08 AM.

Character
    Kanaa
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkalinehoe View Post
    Haste Samba is the support. If you're talking about cures WHM does it infinitely better and if you're in a party on anything difficult, you probably already have a WHM. Healing Waltz is nice, I always make sure after an AoE to see if the healer got afflicted and if so, I erase them. Otherwise, Accession + Erase/'na will be much more efficient. This is fairly rare, since most WHMs I know do a good job of keeping their distance.
    Yea haste samba is the support but some people expect us to help cure more even if the whm has it covered nothing wrong with a little help here and there. That was my point.
    (0)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Why is SE buffing dancer's damage when that won't make the job useful or wanted, ever?

Focus on the real problem, give dancers more ways to heal and support again, don't give them crappy damage buffs or copy/paste skills from thf, wtf.
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast