Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    After skimming a lot, Did anyone bring up the reason CoP was probably considered "Hard" is because more than 80% of it was done under a Level cap of 30, 40, or 60?

Also, If you want a Challenge, a good one is trying anything in Abyssea with a Shout group full of People who have no Atmas or decent Abyssites.

thats more challenging than anything in what CoP used to be :P

(btw if you haven't gotten it by now im mostly joking)
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    This is extremely oxymoronic.
    elaborate, i don't see it. If a person who nvr did CoP came up and asked me 2 help em wit promies id say sure its a free 1k exp for 1 shotting a boss, if a person came up 2 me and asked me 2 help them do it under the lvl cap of 30 cause they want to experience the fight properly even tho ther is no extra reward for doing so, i'd say no way. ther wuld need 2 be an extra reward from doing it under the level cap or i wuldnt hav any reason to help.
    (0)

Character
    Capgames
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    these days CoP is too week and can be done in 3 days at 8 hours a day (done this for a mule). before it took me over 1 year to do coz finding help was hard sing the majority of the playerbase had complete it.

i will agree i would love for some uber hard missions/mobs/endgame that will give a full alliance with the best gear/weapons a run for thier money. But at the same time having time restriction on those said missions/endgame mostly. for ACP ASA and moogle expanssions it took people 1 night to complete and pretty much had no real sence of a chalange. what i really want to se most is endgame event that is OUTSIDE of abyssea where player skill gear come into play while making it possible to have a wide range of jobs that can do the event. atm with abyssea all you really need is WHM BLM BLU NIN WAR, BRD is not a requirement and can be used as a subjob but everyone love a BRD and its always nice to have a THF. so basically only 6-7 jobs really stand out from the rest.

basically an uber hard endgame event that even the best will loose and also have a chance to win, also having alot of variability in how it all plays out. maybe have like 10 different types of bosses that you can end up facing a totally random one so you will have to have a diverce alliance setup to deal with what is faced and even then it can be so random that out of the 10 bosses they can random job/abilities/traits etc so that it keeps you on your toes and everyone has to be alert at all times. so that you cant fall into previous situations where 1 setup will defeat all. even down to the normal mobs they can be a random mob of any/multiple type(s) and posses all total different traits/abilities/jobs from each other. and also have brand new mobs that has never been seen and not just a reskin of current mobs.

and once you are in the event you cannot then simply run and change jobs to deal with what your faced. have it totally locked out after your alliance has entered and started then they cannot exit and re-enter.

Basically an uber dificult endgame event out of abyssea that is totally random in what mobs your faced with that have all random traits/abilities/jobs so nothing is always the same, if you wipe to a mob then its traits/abilities/jobs change and also regens to full HP when left idle (no agro) for 15 secs but will require taking a diverse setup (including lolPUP). once you enter and start you cant exit and re-enter. if you happen to d/c then when you log back on white event is still currently in progress then you will be where you d/c'd

on top of this, its instanced with time restrictions of only can do said event once every 2-3 days

hope that can be understood
    (0)
    Last edited by darkvision; 04-16-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    elaborate, i don't see it. If a person who nvr did CoP came up and asked me 2 help em wit promies id say sure its a free 1k exp for 1 shotting a boss, if a person came up 2 me and asked me 2 help them do it under the lvl cap of 30 cause they want to experience the fight properly even tho ther is no extra reward for doing so, i'd say no way. ther wuld need 2 be an extra reward from doing it under the level cap or i wuldnt hav any reason to help.
    We're talking about two different things.

What makes Level restricted CoP battles "proper"?

What makes an entirely new player want to do CoP under level restriction because it's the "proper" way?
    What makes this new player want to believe that is the "proper" way?

As for your point though:

People won't do capped fights not because of the BCNM battle itself, but because you have to go through hell and back just to get to the battle in the first place. Fetch quests, constant "win" buttons (anima, yellow liquid, etc.) and getting the correct jobs has made CoP one of the most neglected mission lines because once people are done with it they sure as hell don't wanna do it again. People say they want CoP-like missions again but I highly doubt they know what they're talking about.
    (3)

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    More than getting back to the oldschool style what if SE give us the option to set the old lvl restriction on CoP areas and battlefieds, this way the ones who like the old style can enjoy it and the ones who like it as it is now can enjoy it to, this way all players wins, don't you think guys?
    (0)

If I wanted to be spoonfed rewards, I'd play WoW.
    I really doubt you have beat Sinestra in WoW or any of the hard mode content.

Also requiring certain classes to beat missions easily != to challenge.

I've always opted for a challenge. Fighting Ultimecia with a Lv37 Squall (and the others under that) by spamming Holy Wars, Doom Train and Eden for 3 hours only to finish the game at 2AM and sit in awe as the credits roll.
    Yea using a invincible pot (Holy War) really shows you like a challenge. Anyone can beat FF8 with a stack of 99 holy wars simply because you can not die.
    (0)
    Last edited by Zumi; 04-20-2011 at 06:41 AM.

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

What makes Level restricted CoP battles "proper"?

What makes an entirely new player want to do CoP under level restriction because it's the "proper" way?
    What makes this new player want to believe that is the "proper" way?
    um...how about the fact that that is how it was originally implemented? that and all the items that you mentioned are completely redundant now seeing as you can kill all the promy bosses and mammets with your eyes closed.

The only reason they removed the caps is because CoP areas and rewards are so old and outdated that they wanted casual players to be able to zip through it and get back to the new stuff. this leaves people who look for a challenge in their mission lines with another story they can complete solo in less than a week.

honestly if a FF game came out and for 6/8ths of it i culd kill every monster and boss in one shot i'd want my money back... thats pretty much the case with CoP.

as for your point about people not knowing what ther talking about. well why not let them figure that out for themselves? all im suggesting is adding in the cap as a CHOICE. that way casual players can burn ther way through it and get ther rajas ring and sea access, frequent players can enjoy the story the way it was supposed 2 be aswell as be rewarded appropriatley with stuff casual players can't get and nostalgic players can try it under the cap then realise they hated it and never look back.
    (0)

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalabob View Post
    um...how about the fact that that is how it was originally implemented?
    So a change that SE themselves have made is considered to be "wrong" and "improper", because that wasn't how it was in the first place? Thank goodness SE never changed Campaign... oh wait.

Also.

The only reason they removed the caps is because CoP areas and rewards are so old and outdated that they wanted casual players to be able to zip through it and get back to the new stuff. this leaves people who look for a challenge in their mission lines with another story they can complete solo in less than a week.
    Absolutely false. If I remember right CoP was actually the least completed storyline out of RotZ, CoP, and ToAU because players, especially ones that came post-ToAU, couldn't find anyone to help them, especially players that already completed the storyline. SE changed CoP to allow players to get to Sea and experience the storyline, as well as get the endgame rewards.

I'm actually not arguing against your suggestion. But people really need to open their eyes to why this was changed.
    (2)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Absolutely false. If I remember right CoP was actually the least completed storyline out of RotZ, CoP, and ToAU because players, especially ones that came post-ToAU, couldn't find anyone to help them, especially players that already completed the storyline. SE changed CoP to allow players to get to Sea and experience the storyline, as well as get the endgame rewards.

I'm actually not arguing against your suggestion. But people really need to open their eyes to why this was changed.
    Truth.

Additional superfluous text!
    (0)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6