Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    No one in their right mind would love to redo the CoP missions pre-nerf, ever again, let alone over and over and over to help others. Often that means 3-5 hours wasted on farming or getting stuffs ready, and could easily take 8 hours if you have to keep redoing the bcnms due to wiped. A lot of the challenges are mostly artificials, and with the majority of the players learning their jobs from the normal xp party, meaning they have almost 0 experience how to deal with bcnms type battle, the battles often drags on and on. The way things now are better. New players can easily do all the missions since lvl cap is lifted, and you no longer need jobs xyz to win it. CoP was a bad experiment, and one of the worst expansion of FFXI. ToAU and Abbysea are the two best expansion, done by the same team. The game designer who created CoP is the same person who designed FFXIV, he got what he deserved, a demotion and public firing. No saving face for him...
    (0)

Character
    Surealistic
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    i keep getting the feeling that people are remembering the good storyline (which CoP DID have, was great) and completely forgetting all the bs they had to go through for these cutscenes

that or they did the fights after all the nerfs and have absolutely no idea what any of us are talking about when we say these fights were hard as hell, im gonna go with number 2 on this one

edit: actually i think i am right on number 2 here, as i have yet to see anyone mention all the "fun" it was to buy 8 different sets of gear to do all these fights, then buy others gear cause they didnt want to buy it just to help you, and all the meds and everything else you needed JUST TO GET TO THE BCNM
    (1)
    Last edited by Sureal; 03-14-2011 at 03:11 AM.
    In a world of milk and honey, there is no cake

Character
    Azuraeu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I disagree, i spent 3 years doing cop, mainly as no-one would help nor finding any decent enough players. I for one is thankful to SE for rejigging it, I still needed help inn some parts but only one or two people, we four maned the last boss.
    only downside still, no way of me getting that etheral earring because no one is willing still to help on bahamut, plus with the abyssea add ons there are many greedy people only interested in themselves instead of helping others so they can jin in and make things easier.
    (0)

Character
    Azuraeu
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    No one in their right mind would love to redo the CoP missions pre-nerf, ever again, let alone over and over and over to help others. Often that means 3-5 hours wasted on farming or getting stuffs ready, and could easily take 8 hours if you have to keep redoing the bcnms due to wiped. A lot of the challenges are mostly artificials, and with the majority of the players learning their jobs from the normal xp party, meaning they have almost 0 experience how to deal with bcnms type battle, the battles often drags on and on. The way things now are better. New players can easily do all the missions since lvl cap is lifted, and you no longer need jobs xyz to win it. CoP was a bad experiment, and one of the worst expansion of FFXI. ToAU and Abbysea are the two best expansion, done by the same team. The game designer who created CoP is the same person who designed FFXIV, he got what he deserved, a demotion and public firing. No saving face for him...
    loved this comment, brilliant, couldnt of agreed anymore.
    (0)

Character
    Taminye
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 70
    Well They Could Bring Back The Orignial CoP alongide the NOW COP

just if you win You might get some better Bonus items , But I know of storries of DEM , It took about 5 trips , I know of ppl whom wiped on 20 runs with sveral compentint Full Allince parties some doing ENM's on way up or Parites taking turns once at the top for the Boss.

They could give A Choice upppon Entering the Zone

CoP Clasic
    or Curent

Boss Fight CoP Clasic ...

Boss now Fight.

My ownly cop Grip ATM is the TOR climb as no matter how great of Care I slip off at the same spot . sometimes i wish the bottom ledge leading to the final climb was a bit less slippery.

Adding a few Rewards would be a niceity.

That way Everyone can relive the nostaligia or just gt through COP in one peice.

The Horror stories of Diablos allone when alliances fell to doom on the tiles to the hungry Hungry diremites bellow , just sent shrills and chills down my spine, just making me wana hurry up and run into that fight as now i can get a few 90's chums from the ls and go pawn him soon as my glitched tor climb is done.

Yeah I wana fall , in Clasic Diablos fight in utter humilation 20 or so times alongside some the top players on the server .... uhmm DUH hell no .

some ppl say the tor climb is times glitched , need to zone out and back in and retry it , like the airship glitch/es ..... ?

anycase for some ppl Pain and humilation should be thier choise and privlage if it makes them feal more Ubber.

I had to expend quite alont of gils to Beat Dem Mea, Holla , heck could'a bought phalanx at 30k before it jumped to 400k-1 million gill (2011 Siren) , but the update that eased COP came 3 years after I beat em

But for Crafting it was a pain cuase to Make X with Photo Anima one had to "Help" In the clasical COP to get them , Wich for Warp Cudgels and the Anima depended like Re-raise earings etc only served to keep the price WAY UP.
    (0)
    Last edited by Necrose99; 03-14-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Character
    Henihhi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 90
    I really enjoyed the CoP expansion, but i was lucky enough to do it when it came out with people who knew their stuff. I actually had fun with it before SE decided to nerf everything to please the masses. ToAU was a joke, one shotted everything as soon as it was released. I quit shortly after the first update to WotG and wasn't really too fond of it, but i started doing the missions again recently and the tail end of it is pretty decent- besides the whole running all over zones back and forth just for cut scenes part. And i actually did redo a lot of the CoP missions pre-nerf for friends and people in my old linkshell lol- maybe I'm just a glutton for punishment. Come to think of it, I haven't gone into a CoP mission since the nerf lol.
    (0)
    A drunk man's words are a sober man's thoughts. Here is a game most of you can handle.

http://www.notdoppler.com/superpressspacetowinactionrpg2009.php

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Let's not forget the three mini add ons, and how much "FUN" it is to do them... ToAU and WoTG are the two best missions when it comes to game design, it lets you do it fast and less of a running around and killing gazilion mobs for the key items. If you want challenge, then do both missions with 1-3 people, unless you have certain jobs, it can be challenging and fun to an extend. Yes CoP has good story and in a way, it makes you feel like you are playing the offline FFXI but now you are playing it online and with 5 other people. It is a very interesting idea but somewhat fail in implementation pre-nerf. I am glad the game is moving in the "faster pace" direction though. Granted it is not the same game as in 2003 but I think this is for the better. Now you have a lot more options and a lot of things to do as lvl 90s, solo or in a smaller group. Once SE adjust the older contents to be comparable with Abyssea, then the game would be perfect.
    (0)

Sandy. Started in 2004 and miss the OLD WAYS of playing.
    Character
    Chubrocka
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    I think what i miss is the long mission base. EXP and abby; ya ok. Bring back an expansion that has us doing months of it with a new story and so on.. That would be fun.. Im not saying make it hard as the capped OG's were, just make it fun and something else to do. A lot of people i play with in game enjoyed the bond we made doing them together, we chatted in LS then or party chat. We got to know each other. With abby in play no one talks anymore. LS's have turned more cold.. We need the missions back isThanks for reading
    (0)

Character
    Jerynh
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yes, I failed promys 5-6 times when I went through them. But man... How it felt when I beat them... This game can't match that feeling anymore.
    (0)

Sandy. Started in 2004 and miss the OLD WAYS of playing.
    Character
    Chubrocka
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerynh View Post
    Yes, I failed promys 5-6 times when I went through them. But man... How it felt when I beat them... This game can't match that feeling anymore.
    HAHA there it is again!!!!! GOD there are and were great memories!!!!
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast