Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Crocker
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Don't Forget that all content made after abyssea like dynamis and voidwatch we lose are pets at the start of every pop NM fight! That really needs to be fixed.

Have pet ready - pop NM - Pet despawns 1 jug down - call beast use new ability another jug down... I swear bst gets screwed every update. Just 1 run in dynamis I waste atleast 6 jugs due to the despawning issue.

If you are relying on shout groups for seals your doing it wrong there is a thing in the game called a Linkshell maybe you should find yourself a decent one. I can come bst almost anytime I want but its becoming harder to do with how many jugs I burn up and low inventory space.
    (0)

I'll wait until we know exactly how this JA will work before passing judgement.

The most popular Familiars last for like 2-3 hours, which is not very necessary in most group activities (considering you might be zoning and moving around a lot). That long duration is suited well for a long, solitary venture in a zone but not so much for a party in my opinion. Trading some of that excessive time for an enhancement to the pet is a great idea, but the JA's usefulness will hinge entirely on its duration.

I see a few possible scenarios:

The JA has a duration of 5:00 - 10:00 minutes, effectively throwing away your Jug/Gil for an Oh Shit! moment or a focused event like an NM battle or BCNM fight. This will be very useful in some specific situations, but widely unused and somewhat insignificant overall.

The JA has a duration of 15:00 - 25:00 minutes. This would be a gray area, and hard to judge between useful and wasteful. Unfortunately, I think this is where it will probably land- and probably at 15:00.

The JA has a duration of 30:00+ minutes. This would allow us to sacrifice our ability to hang in a zone and solo for multiple hours at a time with the same pet (which liberates a lot of time constraints associated with most of the game- and I think is a big reason why people play BST) for an enhancement of that pet. The pet would be staying for an acceptable chunk of time in the context of most activities (it's just like a basic food effect), while gaining a boost for that same context.
    If you plan on being in a zone by yourself for a long period of time, you're probably better off sticking with the one pet (and probably a different one) for its full two hour duration- but if you want the most out of it in a different, group-oriented situation, you can cut its duration down to 1/4 to better fill your role.

I think 30 minutes flat is the sweet spot, and I think this is because there's a relationship between using jugs and using food. Hopefully their testers felt the same way.

Personally, I expect a 15:00 minute duration with an eventual capability to increase it with gear/merits to 20:00 or 25:00. I'm really hoping that the JA will have a strict 30:00 minute duration while using gear/merits to enhance the actual effect though.
    (0)
    Last edited by Selzak; 08-21-2011 at 06:14 AM.

Player
    Given the development team's usual thoughts on balance, I have a sinking feeling that Run Wild will have a barely noticeable effect if it lasts longer than five minutes.

I'm personally hoping for something like an "Occasionally Attacks 2-3 Times (30/40/30)" effect that matches up with the timer of Call Beast. I definitely won't complain if it's a minor buff over a ten minute or longer duration, though.

As long as it isn't a three minute duration for +10% Attack and +10 Accuracy or something, I'll be happy. Please don't make it a +10% Attack and +10 Accuracy effect for three minutes, development team.
    (0)

Player
    If the ability lasts long enough to be close to Call Beasts timer and has potent effects then it'll be a success though the thought of chain spawning Dipper Yulys is nauseating.

You could in theory use cheap pets like Nazuna, Sieghard or Anna if the ability is potent enough but this would limit use on more expensive jugpets like Yuly, Fargann and Sashra for most individuals.

If the ability does indeed last 15mins or more then the cost could be justified but this again rests on how powerful the ability makes pets.
    (0)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Player
    @ OP

If the problem is one of expense, then Beastmaster needs an ability or trait like Ranger or Ninja has that occasionally does not expend a jug when using Call Beast.

Maybe the problem isn't Beastmaster can't proc. Maybe the problem is procing. Correction, the problem is procing, in all of its ill-conceived glory.
    (0)

I bet it'll be a 5-10 min timer with a 20 second duration :3 I like BST, but honestly, we all know it's coming. I mean, look at Deus Ex Mac. for PUP, you can recall your maton with almost no MP/HP, if you get unlucky its pretty much boned by an AoE lol.
    (0)
    Last edited by Elexia; 08-22-2011 at 03:01 AM.
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4