Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubeeky View Post
    I think their idea is to get away from soloing and low-manning things though...you know this is an MMO...massively multiplayer...if you want to solo everything, I think you're lookin' in the wrong genre dude
    Problem is thf is only thf if there is a party involved. We lose most of our tools solo, and since it's the tools that define the job, in reality we are not playing thf if you are soloing. Most of us are tired of this.
    (0)

Player
    While Rng gets TA, Dragoon gets Aura steal, Dnc gets Assassin's charge, ...
    lolwut.....
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    lolwut.....
    Think he meant DRK :|
    (0)

Alrighty then...I did some snooping and this is what I found:

When using Bully, it's not a one time intimidate type thing. While under the effect of the ability you have the chance of intimidating for a set period of time.

Effect duration wise, since this is still in-development it has not been solidified just yet, but it will most likely be about the same duration as Conspirator.

Bully will work on NMs, but it will be a bit more difficult to intimidate them (to be fair they are huge scary monsters so...).

*Please note that this ability is still in-development and the specifics are subject to change.
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Will it be AoE or will it only effect the THF?

If they're thinking about it only effecting the THF, can you instead (If they need to balance it to not be AoE..) have it be "on target".

I.E You could use it on another party member? or is it more of a Debuff :X?
    (1)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post

When using Bully, it's not a one time intimidate type thing. While under the effect of the ability you have the chance of intimidating for a set period of time.

Effect duration wise, since this is still in-development it has not been solidified just yet, but it will most likely be about the same duration as Conspirator.

Bully will work on NMs, but it will be a bit more difficult to intimidate them (to be fair they are huge scary monsters so...).

*Please note that this ability is still in-development and the specifics are subject to change.
    This sounds like an avesome ability! I can't wait to spam it on my BST... umm, meant THF, sorry for the confusion. Can't wait to finally start shining! (you meant this JA's animation when you said THFs will be allowed to shine, when answering our job-manifesto concerns, is my guess correct?)

Now, sarcasm aside, it would be interestiing if instead of another lolConspirator ability a Bully status effect (let's say 30s duration) was being added to every person you trick attack (and stronger effect if it's a TA-weaponskill maybe?). I got nothing against bully as it is, don't get me wrong (anything that helps THF live longer is welcome), but this sounds to me like another Aura Steal flop ("too powerful to be allowed to be any good" so nerfed beyond reasoning for anything that matters).
    (1)
    Last edited by Zirael; 08-23-2011 at 02:53 AM.

Player
    Sounds to me that it's going to be a targeted JA (on the monster). Probably 5min recast. But if its 10min like the circle stuff.../wrists.

5min is barely useful imo. I'm tired of having so many 5min stuff tho...we have fun every 5 min then? that's how i see it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Laphine; 08-23-2011 at 03:18 AM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    (to be fair they are huge scary monsters so...).
    Yeah but we're THF. Any man or woman confident enough to try to kill you with letter openers has got to be pretty darn intimidating, no matter who you are!
    (1)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

I'd prefer to see it go the way of perfect counter:

1 min recast, 30 sec duration.
    100% chance to intimidate the next attack, 5% chance for it to intimidate a second time, increasing by 5% for every party member.

It would be enough to guarantee getting off utsusemi, or to intimidate a big _aga spell if you don't have someone with stun. Not to mention that it will be useful when soloing but moreso in a full party.
    (0)

The only thing that scares me about NMs is when the treasure pool is empty after we kill them.

Besides, we've fought and defeated 22 gods at this point in the game, it's hard to think that we would be quaking in our boots at some Cockatrice NM after facing down the living embodiment of complete death. Twice.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast