Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zellc
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95

DEV[1024] Job Adjustments: scholar

I can understand that due to balance issues scholar cannot use some of the more more popular spells as blm or whm. But i feel that under certain circumstances we should be allowed to wield greater magic than what we have already.

Merton is such a great addition to scholar, but to only allow its use under tabula rasa is kind of a let down. it seems to be a powerful spell and i understand the development team wanting to limit our use of it. I have also noticed that the community has issues with sch not being able to cast higher tier cure spells. Cure v in particular.

As a sch, i know my place in being a hybrid of the two job, and i have no intention of wanting to soar above them. But i think there could be provisions made to enhance scholars hybrid role.

A set of stratagems that act like the newly implemented blue mage ability that allows it to use HNM abilities. I haven't gone as far to come up with a name for these abilities, but i will outline what they can do:

Ability 1) under the effect of Addendum White, consumes 2-3 stratagems and allows user to use additional white magic spells: cure v, holy(1), auspice.

Ability 2) under the effect of Addendum: Black, consumes 2-3 stratagems and allows user to use additional black(dark also) magic: -ja spells, comet/meteor, aspir 2, drain 2.

All of that may seem like a lot of things to just give sch, but i implore anyone reading this to consider the impact of using 2-3 stratagems for one spell. That alone seems to be a large enough penalty for the use of such high tier spells. Although if that is not enough, i guess adding an additional mp and/or casting time penalty to the spell in use could be another thing to consider.
    (0)

Character
    Ahrana
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    Honestly, I've resigned myself to getting thunder V at 99, and maybe regen IV at 96 or 97. Scholar is no more than a novelty job to SE, we may as well accept this now and start getting gear for jobs that will see end game content.
    (0)

Character
    Zellc
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    when it comes to mages, i guess its hard for sch to fit in. other jobs can do what sch can better. im not so willing to admit defeat though. all i can hope for is that the development team can do something to breathe more life into one of my favorite jobs. the community for sch is strong, i know many of us are out there. i hope they see this.
    (2)

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Not sure what spending 2-3 stratagems for one cure spell would do for the job. Just give sch cure v under add. white or make a cure4.5, I don't rightly care. I hate the stretching I see to try to justify giving sch or rdm a spell when they're so far below any kind of a baseline.
    (0)

Character
    Zellc
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    imo sch as a support healer wouldnt need to spam a spell like cure v. having it at our disposal at the cost of three stratagems seems reasonable to me. abyssea makes us think we need to over cure, but personally i think cure 4 is enough for a sch with rapture.
    (0)

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I find it hard to imagine having three spare stratagems in a stressful curing environment, especially to blow on one spell.
    (0)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Am I the only one that realized that Tabula Rasa lasts 60 seconds, not 30 like the update notes said? So technically, it's only being increased by 30 seconds, not a minute.
    (0)

Character
    Zellc
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Ank View Post
    I find it hard to imagine having three spare stratagems in a stressful curing environment, especially to blow on one spell.
    allow me to express my opinion on sch main healing and nuking i guess. being a hybrid means(to me at least) being able to do what each of the mains can do, but not as efficiently or potently. im fine with having sch not being as good as whm or blm. and i do not think they should be denied higher tier spells from each class. but as i stated before some type of penalty should be in place.
    (0)

Character
    Zellc
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Am I the only one that realized that Tabula Rasa lasts 60 seconds, not 30 like the update notes said? So technically, it's only being increased by 30 seconds, not a minute.
    in 2 hour situations say u are zerging something, the extra 30 seconds in comparison to the original 60 seconds can be used for rotations to different parties when using embrave. so in that sense, its still a welcomed bonus.
    (0)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I never said it wasn't welcomed. I was just pointing it out.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast