Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    Character
    Lupus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i would like to thank se for temper. it's a step in the right direction and i hope that se will add more spells like temper that stack with each other which offer other melee capabilities through magic.

a lot of people forget that rdm is a mage that can melee through using magic, this is the rdm method of meleeing, but se has left that aspect untouched for years. if se were to add more spells like temper than maybe rdm's wouldn't have to borrow their melee capabilities from their subjobs.

imagine if se next added a magic spell that gave us dual wield for a time. the spell would give us a spectral magic dagger in our off hand. the theme of rapier and main gauche fencing (sword and dagger.) the magic dagger's delay and damage could be based off our enhancing skill thus giving the skill a bit more value.
    (2)

2. 08-27-2011 05:25 AM
    Reason
    nvm

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuslupus View Post
    imagine if se next added a magic spell that gave us dual wield for a time. the spell would give us a spectral magic dagger in our off hand. the theme of rapier and main gauche fencing (sword and dagger.) the magic dagger's delay and damage could be based off our enhancing skill thus giving the skill a bit more value.
    A dagger made entirely out of mana sounds incredibly fun. Tier 3 Enspell, anyone?
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    ITT Eleseal does not exist, and does nothing.
    And umm, what would you use it for? Even BLM's lol at it now.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    And umm, what would you use it for? Even BLM's lol at it now.
    Therondy?

Well...not, us. Meant at the Blms loling at it.

But yeah, other then stealing Brds chance at a grellow party not much lol.
    (2)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    That has now officially confused me. Some of the anti-melee group claim we cant afford to lose the m.acc from the ele/hq staffs, but others say "nobody needs that much m.acc" so which is it really? I dont mean in a mechanics sense, i personally can land enfeebles pretty reliably with either a sword/dagger or staff equipped, but i mean, we as a group should be able to agree if we have enough magic acc or not with capped skill.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    At 51 in old style XP parties you needed the m.acc from staves. At 75 it was largely unnecessary unless the target was highly resistant to that particular element. Mostly it's been used as a fake argument by the anti-melee crowd to get a sword out of the RDM's hands. We have 0 staff skill, forcing us to wield a staff prevents us from engaging the monster, thus they auto-win the debate by using that as an argument. Now we have so much +skill to go with our base stats that accuracy isn't an issue anymore. It's that the NM's have built in resistance to anything that counts, and nothing you do will overcome that. I've done double +50 m.acc atma's and 400+ enfeebling skill and stuff has still resisted things like para / silence / bind / grav / sleep and sometimes addle and slow (depending on the NM's alignment). It's just what SE does to NM's, they make them immune to most things. The most common enfeebles that I've used are Slow II and Dia III.
    Therondy?

Well...not, us. Meant at the Blms loling at it.

But yeah, other then stealing Brds chance at a grellow party not much lol.
    So messed up that BLM's 10min JA is used to proc a spell from a sub. That speaks volumes about how "useful" it is for anyone else.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rayik View Post
    Temper is just a tool, a single piece of the puzzle. It's not going to suddenly bring us to the front line, or fix our suboptimal melee. It's a nice addition, and not the only thing we're getting.

Have you seen that new sword coming out? Can't recall the name, but it's level 95, and has Drain-TP. That sounds like a fun toy to play with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boklI...layer_embedded
    Quote Originally Posted by Khiinroye View Post
    That sword won't help rdmmelee become accepted in group play. You can use it instead of almace, and your melee damage will suffer. You can sub nin or dnc and offhand it, and you lose out on the benefits of /blm or /whm, costing you a spot to any of the plethora of rdms who are willing to play the mage part of the job.

It is a solo / lowman-weak-stuff toy only.

i may be reading to far into this.. BUT! that pally goes from ws to ws in 4 swings. with a delay 213 weapon, assuming a standard tp return from swift blade (as in all 3 hits land but no DA) it SHOULD take 17 hits to reach 100% tp again. this leads me to believe that the tp absorb is quite potent.

it also shows it landing on 2/6 hits. again, laughably small sample size, but a 33% proc rate is pretty good for how potent the video implies it's effect to be.

THEN! 15 agi has a secondary subtle blow effect.

all that taken together, combined with the fact that it's a very respectable offhander ANYWAY, dmg/delay is strong and haste if you need it.. (wich i do.. @ 23% atm.. got my z tiara for those who remember) means i am fucking JAZZED for that sword.

it will slightly reduce tp fed to the mob by the wielder through it's agi, then enfeeble the mobs tp gain while at the same time buffing the wielders dmg quite significantly via what APPEARS to be a rather strong tp-drain effect.

granted this is really just an educated guess.. but i'm excited >.> also, it looks cool! ^.^
    (2)
    Last edited by Doombringer; 08-27-2011 at 07:46 AM.

Gee, I wonder if Staves came with something aside from magic accuracy. Perhaps magic damage, cure potency, or casting time-? Physical damage taken? Magic Defense Bonus? No? Haste? Oh yes, and the ability to swap between all of the above without worrying about TP loss? Obviously, Staves are useless.

Not even going to start on the benefits of Wands in MAcc-capped situations. Do you really think you're capping dMND in Voidwatch? Or that you were without the weapon slot at 75 on everything?
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    Do you really think you're capping dMND in Voidwatch? Or that you were without the weapon slot at 75 on everything?
    Yes

dMND 75 is not hard to get and my gear is terrible. Monsters historically have had fairly low base stats. Feel free to banish test something to prove me wrong, but not being able to cap something with just armor is certainly the exception and not the norm.

There's a reason I facepalmed when I saw that the selling point on our Emp neck was only a little more mnd then our previous best neck.

Also, random question, how long have you been playing Red Mage. Don't worry I'm not planning to make an illogical argument by appealing to authority and pulling seniority card or anything like that, but from what I've seen you post it really sounds like that the vast majority of your Red Mages experience has been more or less abyssea only.
    (1)

On my main account? Post-Abyssea. On my Taru? Must be 6 years now. I had a Rdm-only mule that I'd use so that I wouldn't have to store 50 billion pieces of gear on my main, and solo'd damn near everything with it as well as logging plenty of hours dualboxing it in group play and even merit healing with it.

By "On everything", I really do mind on everything. There were definitely plenty of trash NMs that were easy to cap dMnd on, but I was never comfortable throwing away 16 MND on stronger NMs =/.
    (0)

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast