Character
    Cloudius
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

give rdm aura spells

aside from refresh spells they should also be allowed to have spells that create refresh aura and such others as temper.

example 1: if u hang around with the mages and have a refresh aura spell put up, those members around you would gain +2mp tick as well as also having "refresh II" when casted on them will stack.

example 2: if u feel like meleeing on rdm and have a temper aura, the surrounding melee will be under the effect of double attack while you also refresh II the mages from the frontlines.

i think this will solve a lot of problems the rdms are having at the moment with being gimped on the recent couple of updates
    (1)
    Cloudius

Shiva

SMN99 WHM99 BLM99 THF99 PLD99 SAM99 NIN99 BLU99 DNC99 MNK99 WAR99

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    This has been suggested a few times, Developers respone: AURA is too powerful to give to the job in that it completely blocks the negative status.
    (1)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Come to think of it, theres already a job with auras, SMN, but its auras dont prevent status debuffs of the opposite, so maybe some specialized icon/status for the buffs would be the way of doing it.
    (1)

Character
    Ladycandygem
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    This has been suggested a few times, Developers respone: AURA is too powerful to give to the job in that it completely blocks the negative status.
    This would be true for things like Haste Aura if it prevents you from getting Slow, but there is no debuff that reduces Refresh or Double Attack rate. So as long as the auras are limited to certain spells, it should not be a problem.
    (4)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Aura's weren't thought up for rdm, composer was. If we need anything, I'd say add more duration. So we can cast and forget for 20 minutes or more. Leaving us open to do other things like nuking, enfeebling, healing, or dare I say "melee".
    (1)

What does it matter if auras weren't initially thought up for red mages?
    (0)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I would think SE has a game plan for each job class. And when it comes to rdm it's been for longer duration of buffs, not to aura them around us. It's not a bad idea. Trust me I like it too. I just don't believe the job will get it.
    (0)

Character
    Airyl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I really don't think that auras are an ability well suited to red mages. They don't get anything that's an AoE buff ever, why would they start now, and with something as powerful as a double attack aura? Imagine the summoner rage! Rather I'd be more inclined to agree to longer duration on buffs, because cycles suck. Hard.

Also, insert quips here about melee time vs. casting time directed at original poster.
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    I would think SE has a game plan for each job class. And when it comes to rdm it's been for longer duration of buffs, not to aura them around us. It's not a bad idea. Trust me I like it too. I just don't believe the job will get it.
    It's OK, they need to add enough gear to make it so RDM can naturally cast spells on other people at the same duration as on themselves (minimum.)

Even then cycles are boring wastes of times which AURA's would trump.
    (0)