Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95

[dev1024] Job adjustments - RDM

The forthcoming version update will feature the following job-related adjustments and refinements:

Additional Spells
     Temper (RDM Lv. 95)
    Grants the ability to occasionally attack twice.

Personally I was thinking this would be better served by just giving us tier I of Double attack job trait than a spell.

Other Additional Spells

Given that jobs with A skill in stuff tend to have aga forms of stuff when it comes to magic, why is there no aga form of enfeebles by now for RDM. More specifically where is my Paralyzega and Silencega ? It would make a RDM BLM duo kind of nice team in a mana burn environment but I suppose I will have to keep dreaming about it. Overall though it would help with aggro control and allow for more aggro control in cases of linking solo and in party situations if sleepga doesnt land or is resisted or more importantly would allow me to control links when solo without giving up my dual wield from /nin /dnc. It is just a shame that BLM is the only one that can handle situations like these where a tiered ga form of silence and paralyze would be just as useful. Higher tiers of paralyzega would proc more often starting with tier 1 at like 1 in 8 attack rounds up to tier 5 with like 1 in 3 attack rounds. Silencega on the other hand would be more about duration from tier 1 at about 15 seconds to tier 5 lasting about 180 seconds (basically 15, +15, +30, +45, +75 second increments) why is this not done already seems simple enough?

Existing Spells Made Available to New Jobs
    o White Magic
     Raise II (RDM Lv. 95)
     Raise III (SCH Lv. 92)
     Reraise III (SCH +v. 92)
     Addle (WHM Lv. 93)

My issue here is I know RDM is C in healing and with the help of Light Arts SCH is like a B but with that said how is it that WHM with an A in healing is in the same tier of the spell Reraise as a SCH who can only compete via Light Arts? In addition, at level 90+ how is it that scholar has all 3 tiers of Reraise and yet RDM cant even get Tier 1 Reraise? Simply put, and based on how the skill caps are implemented, why does any job other than the most skilled job in that skill class have access to the highest tier spell in the class? if the job doesnt have an A in that skill they should not have the highest tier spell PERIOD no matter how much anybody whines about it. So I hope you plan in introducing like a Raise IV and Reraise IV which is WHM only as well as giving access to Reraise 1 for RDM to rectify this situation if you are going to stick with allowing SCH access to Reraise III
    (6)
    Last edited by CapriciousOne; 08-20-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Player
    Reraise items, use them. Reraise spell is just convenient, it doesn't really affect the job imo.
    (7)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Personally I was thinking this would be better served by just giving us tier I of Double attack job trait than a spell.
    Actually, I'm venomously against this. I'd rather hope that the Double Attack rate from this spell is higher than the natural job trait from Warrior, as we're having to expend MP and cast time to use it.

If we want a Double Attack Trait, we can sub Warrior for it, then STACK it with this spell.

It is just a shame that BLM is the only one that can handle situations like these where a tiered ga form of silence and paralyze would be just as useful.
    Um... Bard, BLU, SCH or Rdm/sch can all handle links in an AoE to various degrees. WHM and DRK can also add their additional single target sleeps to the mix if they wish. We're not as hurting for more AoE sleeps as you think.

AoE Paralyzes and Silences, I can see getting more of, though, just having Accention AoE target white magic Enfeebles would work too.

I say this mainly because I severely doubt SE will give RDM much more in terms of AoEs. They've always viewed RDM as more as a single-target sort of character.
    (2)

Character
    Tripphacker
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm slightly more furious at us asking for Cure V, and instead we get Raise II, and they steal one of our spells in return.
    (6)
    BRD/RNG paving the way since lolrdm can't have lolcurev because lolwhm/drg would cry itself to sleep each night.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by TRiPP View Post
    I'm slightly more furious at us asking for Cure V, and instead we get Raise II, and they steal one of our spells in return.
    I feel the same for both RDM and SCH. RDM and SCH healing updates are insulting. And it's extra ridiculous that both WHM and BRD get Addle.

@CapriciousOne
    No SCH cares, at least not this one, about Raise III or Reraise III. These are troll offerings by SE after all the requests for better healing capability.

Temper sounds OK. But not if it's 1%.

Spontaneity - dumb name. I like one of the other poster's name of Soliloquy, though it was for a different ability. I don't like their wording of "reduces" instead of "eliminates" like the BLM ability. Also, it says casting time and not recast time, which is what I'd care more for. I assume it's both, but who knows.
    (2)

Player
    Still no cure V........................................................................................wtf
    (6)

Character
    Kalsena
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Spontaneity is fine as a name in the context that suddenly a spell can be cast. Not even sure how you could attempt to apply Soliloquy to it in its stead as its definition and theatrical application would, by default, make it better themed for BRD or PUP. In general, I still think the JA's kinda meh, at best used for possible double MBs or now that we'll be getting R2, the ability to raise 2 people after a wipe at a decent pace and 3 if you cast R1 too.
    (1)

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CapriciousOne View Post
    Additional Spells
     Temper (RDM Lv. 95)
    Grants the ability to occasionally attack twice.
    Oh that's so Pringles.
    (1)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Reraise items, use them. Reraise spell is just convenient, it doesn't really affect the job imo.
    I agree but when entering certain battlefields they always get wiped and therefore that item charge or scroll just got wasted.
    (0)

Player
    Equipment Reraise doesn't get wiped by battlefields anymore last I checked, scrolls/spells do.
    (0)

Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast