Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylin View Post
    And now they don't, so what's your point?
    That the trend of not giving us AoE spells predates them being used to strip shadows.
    (0)

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    That the trend of not giving us AoE spells predates them being used to strip shadows.
    It's a moot point when you consider that this game is still receiving updates.
    (0)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    Equipment Reraise doesn't get wiped by battlefields anymore last I checked, scrolls/spells do.
    Well it has been a while since I had or used equipment based Reraise but the main issue is after level 90 why does SCH have accesss to all 3 Reraises yet RDM cant even get the baseline spell let alone Rreraise II. Granted I rarely die solo unless 2 or more mobs closer to my acutal level gang up on me but the reduced exp loss of Reraise II for rdm would be nice though especially trying to solo some of these Battlefields that still make you lose exp or just in general. I admit it is petty but this is really about the fact that if SCH has it why not RDM too?
    (0)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    [QUOTE=Merton9999;173857]I feel the same for both RDM and SCH. RDM and SCH healing updates are insulting. And it's extra ridiculous that both WHM and BRD get Addle.

@CapriciousOne
    No SCH cares, at least not this one, about Raise III or Reraise III. These are troll offerings by SE after all the requests for better healing capability.

Temper sounds OK. But not if it's 1%.

Maybe but if they are just going to throw out spells like candy why not throw Reraise I/II to RDM as well.
    (0)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    It's a moot point when you consider that this game is still receiving updates.
    Well I have to admit this game has seen many updates and it does seem that SE is hell bent on not giving RDM any AoE stuff beyond Diaga which from what I read was originally a Divine magic spell.
    (0)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CapriciousOne View Post
    1. For me and style of play (mostly solo) subbing RDM/WAR doesnt seem practical but maybe I will give it another try I mean it was like level 30 the last time I tried it. I jus feel in the grand scheme of things that there are plenty of spells that they give us that in the end is rarely going to be used or even worth using. Seems like this may be one of them and probably will just be another spell to waste money and mp on, hence why I suggested the trait but I see your point as well. Something this useful though would be better as a trait to me

2. Again totally agree with you but RDM doesnt have a native way to deal with more than 2 mobs at once without subbing those jobs and that is what I was referring to clarify further. solo I am usually good fending of 2 mobs as rdm/dnc but 3 or more proves trying at times. For me it is all about options which apparently SE doesnt like giving us alot of at least not to my satisfaction.

3. Totally agree again but it really would prove useful if they did and would speak more to the native ability of RDM to enfeeble. Also would be good when in a BCNM where one of the mobs is a paladin and is resistant to sleep but there is no BLM around with elemental seal or anything. Making a mob lose a turn or keeping a BLM form manafonting the party to high heaven would be nice if stun fails or there is no stunner around.

1. A PDT-% Set is a good thing to have when soloing single wield, smaller monsters aren't much of a trouble, but post 80s you're going to start running into a difference in our defensive spell scaling, that's where this set comes into play.

That said I'm more of the mind that this spell is more powerful than the trait itself, and with the possibility that it can be targeted or accessioned, it would greatly assist our other buff functions as well.

As far as wasting MP? Are you REALLY having trouble? Composure alone offsets this, more so if it prevents enspells (or even stacks with Enspell IIs which you can haste Samba on as well.) You shouldn't be having too much of a trouble MP wise. And if it stacks with traits, then you're better off adjusting your playstyle and enjoying the overall performance boost.

2. Red Mage has 3 forms of hard CC[crowd control] and 2 form of soft CC. Sleep, Sleep II, and Break can easily hold down 2-3 mobs for your killing pleasure. But if you have difficulty, you can always bind pin the third and alternate gravity, though that gets expensive over time.

What you might find helpful in the future, however, is this new JA that quickens spellcasting. (Though, no mention of recast timer reset... hmm.) Depending on how it functions it should assist in your pinning methods better without having to worry about getting new /ga spells.

3. Just keeping a good focus on the battles keeps this going as well, however. When the attention is on us, we don't need the Ga paralyze because we have ice spikes. And in any situation that involves Crowd Control, we're typically focusing on one monster at a time. So unless the monster dies quickly, our single target debuffs are fine.

As far as sleep resistant mobs, unless they're outright immune to break, that's how you get past Paladins. (Break, Gravity, Bind, repeat.) In any situation in which you'd need that much CC and a stun to boot, just sub black mage.
    (2)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Still no Cure V, or anything that could substitute for it. WHM poaches one of our enfeebles. (I assume BRD's addle song stacks with actual Addle, like Elegy stacks with Slow, so no complaints from me about that at least.) WHM gets more party buffs, when we were told we were going to be making our party members "virtual demigods". And now, even our dispelling is second-rate, compared to... DRK?! No new enfeebles either--none of the mentioned Gravity II, or Curse (already in the game, just enemy-only) or Virus (ditto). Come on, not even Dispelga or Dispel II? Temper isn't actually bad, but it does make enspell IIs even more of a joke, and I have the nasty sneaking suspicion that it will be self-only and not subject to Accession. Raise II is irrelevant with how easy XP is to get these days. I'm sorry but this is really not a very impressive update from RDM's point of view.
    (2)

Character
    Ahrana
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    The devil is in the details of this update. If temper has joytoy potency then whm, brd, rdm + 3 dd partyies will steamroll things. If it's comparible to loladloquium potency then...well, better luck next time.
    (0)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Additional Spells
     Temper (RDM Lv. 95)
    Grants the ability to occasionally attack twice.
    Oh that's so Pringles.
    I wouldn't celebrate just yet. My main concern is whether it is self-only or castable on others.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Character
    Tripphacker
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    While these aren't official. I'm still worried about this whole... situation if you will.
    If it anything like the recent spell 'updates' that we've been getting. It's single target only.
    Because, remember SE aims to destroy Red Mage, for those of you in denial. Reread the update, and reread it until it sinks in.
    It's okay, we can wait.
    I'm sure couple hundred give or take if not more Red Mages have just put up their chapeaus for good after this blunder.
    Onto other news, who's springing for a new main job? Anyone? If so, which one?

However, to be honest. I don't know who to blame for this, the player base or SE. The other day, I was defending SE because it's not generally their fault for how the players do things with the things SE hands them. However, now I have to retract my statement. Thanks SE, making anyone who defended your honor into looking like a fool. However, going on with which side to blame. The players wanted melee, some if not secretly most. (Don't deny it.) Yet, I believe they should of added both and equal amounts of meleeing capabilities as well as mage capabilities. (i.e. Cure V, or at the very least something that increases cure potency.)

Instead... What happens? We get utter crap, and on top of that even more crap. Making us feel like the laughing stock of the classes. Jack of all trades huh? Good at everything, master of nothing? How about Cannon fodder? I think that suits our job more correctly, or even seat warmer. No, wait that would mean we'd actually be good at something right? Our enfeebles bounce off mobs, our melee is laughable and our cures as about as efficient as a warrior/white mage. Which is sad because Warrior is more of a jack of all trades than we are, and they're not suppose to be.

We as Red Mages have the potential to be a unique class, but with the tools that we're given. It would take more energy than required of a game to accomplish that, or you know. You're extremely lucky. Oh wait, we don't have the potential. Because anything that we get. They ship it off to White Mages and Scholars. We're not unique, we don't have potential. As the updates go on and on. We're going to end up being completely useless. Remember Phalanx? Refresh? Dispel? Addle? When they were OUR specific spells? Name off the jobs that get them. Where's our uniqueness? At this point the only thing we have at being unique is Gravity and Refresh II. That's about it. Phalanx, Paladin now has it. (Great for them.) Refresh? As does every mage job now with /rdm. Dispel? Scholar has it, Addle? White mage will now have it as well. Fast cast? Every damn job has that option as well now. So, I ask you where in any of our abilities and jobs do we have uniqueness? Protect V? White mage can merit that to be supreme AND it's ENHANCING one of OUR areas of expertise. Family of Regens? Again, you guessed it. Enhancing. So why should White Mage get angry when we overstep our boundaries, they've been doing it since who knows when. I think it'd only be fair that we also took something in return for this.

This update is inexcusable for Red Mages everywhere.
    Temper is going to be useless for En-Tier II. I can tell you that now. Quick cast? Really? So we're suppose to be mind readers and assume to know when someone is going to need it? At that moment? By the time you've realized that someone needs it, it'll have been too late, and if you're going to be spamming it left and right, then you might as well make it into an area of eff- oh wait. You want everything for Red Mage to be self-targetable only. Wouldn't work. Try again. What? The Dark knight attempting to get Dread spikes up while he's being attacked and getting interrupted? Hmmm, Cure, Haste or Quick cast. The most obvious answer, Cure. (However, most Abyssea White Mages would choose Haste.)

There are several ways to improve on Red Mage in both melee and magical category. However, White Mages and Scholars alike would scream out "OVERPOWER" while happily stepping on our turf and loling at us from a distance. If you want to talk about overpowering, then let's get down to the basics. Let's remove White Mage's Cure casting/recast merits. Red Mage's are suppose to be the more efficient fastest casters and it makes them overpowered. Remove Scholar's Ebullience and and Rapture because again, it makes them overpowered. In b4 Scholars and White Mages QQing about it. Red Mage's most known trait is Fast Cast. Move over White Mage, you're stepping into our turf with Cure magic cast/recast. Scholar, let's go ahead and remove Celerity and Alacrity as well because that's also our turf with fast casting. Oh, but we've also have to remove Penury and Parsimony because that's stepping into Black Mage's territory of Conserving MP. Ebullience would be stepping on Black Mage's toes because it's a mini elemental seal, Rapture is stepping on White Mage's toes because it's a mini divine seal. Now if we removed all those merits and abilities wouldn't you feel just sour? So why the hatred between mages? There shouldn't be, we're all borrowing things from each other to be more efficient at our jobs. Isn't that what everyone wants? Apparently not. I don't see why White Mage should get infuriated if we were to say get the Regen family including Cure V. You're stealing our Fast Cast, we're not infuriated because you are, same with Scholar.

What SE should of done to help with Red Mage was not give it useless trinkets like this. How about giving us a trait that increases enfeebling potency and enhancing potency? (That's not Composure.) Removing Slow II, Paralyze II, Dia III, Bio III, Blind II and Phalanx II from being merit-able make them into scrolls. Allow us to merit into Fast Cast. (In b4 'overpowering' may I remind you of Thief's triple attack, Samurai's Store TP and Warrior's Double Attack.) Allow Composure to be merited as well as give us the higher tiered sword and possibly dagger weapon skills while Composure is active. Meriting Composure would increase Accuracy, Damage and give us a hint of subtle blow with it by a percentage. (Assume whatever percentage you'd like. I'm not throwing out numbers, just stating it.) In before people stating "Well just merit them both! PROBLEM SOLVED." It's not a problem solved, because the damage is still lacking, I doubt you could find gear with both subtle blow AND haste to cover you. Make our enfeebles mean a damn thing again. Make enfeebling skill increase the potency of our enfeebles not only land them. There's so many things that can be done instead... You give us...a garbage pail to stop an avalanche? Really? Be creative, don't just sit around and think of ways to screw jobs over and claim "refinement" or a "fix." because all it does it create avoidance of the job. We're getting nerfed like Ranger a while back, or Warrior with Rampage, or Black Mage when ToAU came out, where the only way you would get into a party would be if you're a back up healer or into a manaburn.

Then again, this rant is for naught. It's not like it's going to change the horrid hand SE has given us. It's not like they're going to look at this and be "Well, this kid's got a couple of good points, we could do this and we could do that to enhance Red Mage and make it unique." Instead it'll probably end up getting trolled and flamed by other players on a just because.

Oh and for the White Mages and Scholars and what have you that are deeply against Red Mage obtaining Cure V or even both Scholar and Red Mage obtaining Cure V. Tell you what, give us back the protect family, (Including -ra) the shell family (including -ra) every single bar spell including -ra as well as the regen family, including Slow and Paralyze and Addle as well as your precious newest spell Addle, and let's not forget teleport based spells, sneak, invisible, haste, erase and the boost family. and you can keep your Cure V and in this update instead of getting all those lovely wonderful little trinkets you can have this, an ability that increases someone elses' healing capabilities, Curaga annnd that's about it. (Know what they all have in common? They're all enhancing and enfeebling. Red Mage's area of expertise.)
    Feel like you're getting the sour end of the deal? Now you know how we feel. (Or should I mention meripo parties? Where it was just more efficient to get a Red Mage then a White Mage. To be honest, I think that would sound more like a fair trade. White Mage gets to keep their precious Cure V. We take back everything else. In b4 "well fien we'll juzt take back our curez then." Jokes on you. We can still buff and enfeeble. Good luck with magic mobs. We'll also still have Regen.)

Just my opinions and thoughts of what should of actually been implemented instead of what's actually getting implemented.
    Take it easy, sorry for any grammatical errors and the long post. I just wanted to get this off my chest. Also, lack of sleep ftw. Also, it's not a personal vendetta against White Mages, mind you not at all. However, I do remember having a White Mage friend being infuriated with Red Mage getting Regen II way back when it was introduced to Red Mage. Mind you, I didn't care because it's enhancing. The whole Regen family should be ours regardless, otherwise we just have a high enhancing skill for no other reason than to just stand around and spam Bar spells for hours at an end. So, I imagine if there's at least one person that feels that way, there has to be several that do as well. This is my rebuttal to their thoughts on Red Mage getting Cure V. (If it ever does. However, knowing SE they'll probably give it to us after Red mage becomes a dead job. At level 99.)

Oh right, and thanks for putting us out of a main. I can finally have inventory space by NPCing my HQ staves.

Also; Temper - Job Trait.
    Something all red mages had to control upon reading the update.
    (4)
    Last edited by TRiPP; 08-20-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    BRD/RNG paving the way since lolrdm can't have lolcurev because lolwhm/drg would cry itself to sleep each night.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast