Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyrist View Post
    Actually, I'm venomously against this. I'd rather hope that the Double Attack rate from this spell is higher than the natural job trait from Warrior, as we're having to expend MP and cast time to use it.

1. If we want a Double Attack Trait, we can sub Warrior for it, then STACK it with this spell.

2. Um... Bard, BLU, SCH or Rdm/sch can all handle links in an AoE to various degrees. WHM and DRK can also add their additional single target sleeps to the mix if they wish. We're not as hurting for more AoE sleeps as you think.

3. AoE Paralyzes and Silences, I can see getting more of, though, just having Accention AoE target white magic Enfeebles would work too.

I say this mainly because I severely doubt SE will give RDM much more in terms of AoEs. They've always viewed RDM as more as a single-target sort of character.
    1. For me and style of play (mostly solo) subbing RDM/WAR doesnt seem practical but maybe I will give it another try I mean it was like level 30 the last time I tried it. I jus feel in the grand scheme of things that there are plenty of spells that they give us that in the end is rarely going to be used or even worth using. Seems like this may be one of them and probably will just be another spell to waste money and mp on, hence why I suggested the trait but I see your point as well. Something this useful though would be better as a trait to me

2. Again totally agree with you but RDM doesnt have a native way to deal with more than 2 mobs at once without subbing those jobs and that is what I was referring to clarify further. solo I am usually good fending of 2 mobs as rdm/dnc but 3 or more proves trying at times. For me it is all about options which apparently SE doesnt like giving us alot of at least not to my satisfaction.

3. Totally agree again but it really would prove useful if they did and would speak more to the native ability of RDM to enfeeble. Also would be good when in a BCNM where one of the mobs is a paladin and is resistant to sleep but there is no BLM around with elemental seal or anything. Making a mob lose a turn or keeping a BLM form manafonting the party to high heaven would be nice if stun fails or there is no stunner around.
    (1)

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Perhaps Square decided not to give RDM any native AoEs outside of Diaga so we wouldn't be able to wipe shadows and then follow up with a Sleep in PvP.
    (2)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by TRiPP View Post
    I'm slightly more furious at us asking for Cure V, and instead we get Raise II, and they steal one of our spells in return.
    LOL true but I admit since I use RDM/DNC mostly solo the combinaton of Cure IV + Curing Waltz III is usually sufficient. Yea Cure V would be way better then I could use any combination of Cure V, Cure IV and Curing Waltz III. In a party where I could melee that would be 3 people I could heal in close succession but still isnt quite like a Curaga spell.
    (0)

Player
    People still do PvP? That sounds about as relevant as Yilbegan adjustments - oh wait. Shit.
    (0)

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Neisan_Quetz View Post
    People still do PvP?
    I was thinking more along the lines of "Did anyone ever do PvP?" but you get the idea.
    (0)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylin View Post
    Perhaps Square decided not to give RDM any native AoEs outside of Diaga so we wouldn't be able to wipe shadows and then follow up with a Sleep in PvP.
    Technically though u can do that with diaga and just follow up with Sleep II then Sleep I if it doesnt stick to give you time enought to get sleep II recast. Still good point they really know how to take the fun out of stuff though. >
    (0)

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by CapriciousOne View Post
    Technically though u can do that with diaga and just follow up with Sleep II then Sleep I if it doesnt stick to give you time enought to get sleep II recast. Still good point they really know how to take the fun out of stuff though. >
    No you can't, DoT wakes people up.
    (0)

Player
    I was thinking more along the lines of "Did anyone ever do PvP?" but you get the idea.
    Except that shadows originally blocked AoEs, so no your idea doesn't really make any sense.
    (0)

Character
    Stylin
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by cidbahamut View Post
    Except that shadows originally blocked AoEs, so no your idea doesn't really make any sense.
    And now they don't, so what's your point?
    (1)

Character
    Capriciousone
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    No you can't, DoT wakes people up.
    Oh sorry I meant as far as just wiping the shadows go
    (0)

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast