Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrik View Post
    And if your glad that you didn't get a new spell to have to spam on pt members (fresh, haste) you may want to pick another job. That simply is ment to be one of our main roles, as well as keeping up debuffs on mobs.
    I'm 99% sure Haste, Refresh, Cure, Haste, Refresh, Cure was not what SE "meant" for Rdm to do...
    (5)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    See thats a case of agreeing to disagree, where as you dislike the change, i like the change, simple as that, the issue is the support rdm faction (especially here) did this to themselves too in some ways. While thinking we didnt need to melee you agreed on many of our points.

We mostly agreed on the facts that:
    -Rdm melee was weak and insufficient compared to most jobs
    -Rdm lacked sufficient melee buffs/traits/spells
    -Rdm lacked a selection of good melee gear

But did that support your cause, or inadvertently ours? Doesnt help when the mage-heavy faction also claimed they were never "not busy" casting cures, nukes, enfeebles, buffs, and swapping gear. They decided this would make us all happy, making our melee enthusiasts happier and stronger, and conversely not making more work for the magic-focused players. In all, you're going overboard on us missing a few spells (cure V/temper/gain-str for sake of argument.)

Meanwhile, they could have easily treated us like war and mnk, just gave us thunder IV, Raise II, and been done with it, but if they did that, then we would have complained anyway. But know what i think is funny? This is almost exactly what i wanted from the next cap, and all its doing is making the same people who complained about and said we wouldnt get any melee updates, to rage out, and start slinging insults. Thats exactly what they are is insults, claiming "People in stupid numbers" caused this, and that only the dumb masses were appeased while the ones who "know what theyre talking about" were punished.

Let me pose a question, how can you attack us as a "minority" and then us being in "stupid numbers" at the same time? Possibly popular opinion has shifted? Either way, melee got a buff, and mageyness got a buff, if you wanna get more buffs/enfeebles, petition them, or...yeah ill take a page from the "Go play a melee job" mindset and say this, go play brd/cor for your buffs/debuffs!
    You're bad at this game and will never do 10% of the damage of a real DD, sorry.
    (1)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersun View Post
    I'm 99% sure Haste, Refresh, Cure, Haste, Refresh, Cure was not what SE "meant" for Rdm to do...
    Before colibri, I hasted, refreshed, cured, debuffed, MBed and CCed mobs. I'm pretty sure this is what they want RDM to be, it was so fun back then

I was the ultimate support mage, yes a brd had better buffs but they weren't a "mage". Give me better buffs and superior cures to a /whm to bring RDM back into the playing field. Haste2 , bravery, faith, temper party castable plz.

I've never been a melee RDM, and never will be. I play the job right, meleeing is NOT right. Wanna be a melee RDM? Play NIN, blu, or dnc.
    (0)
    Last edited by Shiyo; 08-24-2011 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    You're bad at this game and will never do 10% of the damage of a real DD, sorry.

i did 150-200% the dmg of a "real" dd, and 40% the damage of an excellent dd.

http://images.bluegartr.com/bucket/g...2f2889e4a0.png

just sayin'
    (4)

Yeah, but before Colibri it wasn't strange to have a Whm, Blm, AND Rdm in the same party where the DDs pretty much were solely there to SC for the Blm while the Tank held the monster at bay.

Times change and If SE wants to bring back those days it's going to more rely on their monster design then player buffs.

Adding Haste II , Bravery, Faith, and Temper to be party castable is actually going to accomplish the exact opposite of that. We won't be invited to enfeeble or MB or CC, we'll just be invited to cycle 6+ spells on 6 people where we have time for nothing else since we are casting more buffs between buffs and as soon as you are done with your rotation it's time to start again because the first one has worn off.
    (2)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Wanna be a melee RDM? Play NIN, blu, or dnc.
    lol didn't you know? DNC's a dead job!
    (0)

Player
    if this spell is only self target (praying devs are reading this and change it) please don't bother adding it if it's true that the max number of spells is getting close and put something that will have a real use, it adds nothing to rdm solo, this won't make it any easier or harder, if anything it will make things harder since rdm solo depends on slow DoT.

I'd rather pay 100-150 mp per cast and have it on others than have a self target cast
    (0)

Character
    Hyrist
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    *sniffes*

The smell of QQ in the evening is wonderful.

Anyways, Temper is exactly what I expected it to be. A Enspell answer to the problem of sambas conflicting with them.
    Still an open ended question on whether or not Temper will conflict with Enspells though.

To the Crying:
    Would people have cried as much if it was an Enspell III line, I don't think so.

TP feed argument? Laughable still. What does RDM melee on that you're so concerned about feeding TP too? Fodder mobs are hard now, you heard it here folks.

Manifesto? Buffing issue, I can see, but I'd rather they develop an AoE/Sphere type spell than let this one go party target. I'm a little disappointed this can't be accession-able but it's not unexpected.

Once again inflated expectations cause for a riot that didn't need to happen. I don't expect new party buffs or debuffs to happen until the 99+ range. That also goes for those who are crying about cures too.

I'll believe the 'adjustments' to current debuffs when I see it.

The answers I want to see is more specfics as far as what party buffs they plan in mind?

What new debuff spells they are cooking up, or which ideas they'd like to see more of along the vein.

My recommendation as far as assisting our buffing trick is a 5m JA that allows us to transfer ALL of the buffs we have on ourselves over to one member of the party. That would flatly fit what they're describing in the Manifesto, and it wouldn't be broken due to use limits, nor would it clash with our theme. It would just focus us on buffing one important member of the party to godlike proportions rather than simply being another BRD or COR.

And with Temper, that sort of system works out quite well.
    (5)

Character
    Kitori
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Pretty awesome how no one is ever going to use temper so it might as well not exist, since melee rdm is horrible, useless as crap and serves zero point
    (3)

Character
    Kraggy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 50
    Pretty awesome how no one is ever going to use temper so it might as well not exist, since melee rdm is horrible, useless as crap and serves zero point
    You narrow thinking is amazing, so many blinkered posts in one thread. /clap
    (4)

Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast