Thread: Idiocy

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyokaku View Post
    Really. Do you know how hate mechanics work?

Healing jobs need a healing spell that will not immediately build a ton of emnity. Cure 5 is needed for RDM and SCH for that reason. At least for RDM.

You can do all the tricks and fandoozles you want on scholar. By the time those 15 seconds are up for you to give yourself 6 JA to do a 800 cure 4, i'm dead tanking the thing that's now comming for you.
    Finally, someone who gets it...

What freaks me out about this anti-Cure V attitude is that even with it, RDM and SCH can't add Stoneskin as a side effect of Cures like WHM can... there are plenty of ways WHM greatly exceeds the capabilities of SCH and RDM with regard to healing...
    (3)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 08-20-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Man while you are raise3ing your friends while they're playing with their flashy new toys you can look at them and say "just wait, in another hour and 45 minutes I can do it again!"
    (2)

Character
    Kyokaku
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 95
    What freaks me out about this anti-Cure V attitude is that even with it, RDM and SCH can't add Stoneskin as a side effect of Cures like WHM can... there are plenty of ways WHM greatly exceeds the capabilities of SCH and RDM with regard to healing...
    All RDM and SCH want is to be supportive curers. No RDM and SCH will say they can outcure a WHM - or even want too. As it stands, if you bring a rdm, it casts refresh II, some enfeebles, then it sits. Why? Cure 4 pulls too much hate - they can't melee or AoE will kill them, they can't nuke with pitiful tier 4's in any reasonable way.

Sch is in the same boat.

If you INSIST rdm and sch shouldn't get cure 5, then do this. Drop the emnity from cure 4 and give PLD a job trait that GIVES that spell a lot of emnity. Problem solved.
    (1)

Character
    Kyokaku
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    THF Lv 95
    [Removed by Moderator according to the FINAL FANTASY XI FORUM Guidelines.]
    Let me reclarify - RDM and SCH want to HELP heal, not only solely heal. Even go as far as take over for WHM in low man situations when one isnt available, or, to help with MP management in difficult fights.

Not pseudo-tank with cure 4 spam.
    (1)
    Last edited by Melodicya; 08-21-2011 at 02:39 PM.

Player
    You can 'help' heal just fine with Cure 4. You don't need Cure V unless you're trying to main heal inside abyssea.
    (5)

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Do whm's want some kind of compensation?
    (0)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Letme like add something...

While this Update doesn't seem the worst ever.... for some Jobs. Is cetainly pretty bad for others...

So like... I mainly Play Dnc,Thf, Pup and Whm so ye....

Dnc: a tripple attack flourish which you wont use ever since you want to stack climactic+ws ?
    Fix the Supporter type Playstyle. I mostly end up tanking or DDing.

Thf: i need a way to get rid of hate not a way to intimidate if i got hate already -_-, Maybe this can be used as a Stun.... could potentionally be decent XD

Pup: Subtile Blow for my Pet that does not even near the dmg i do? I'd rather have it cure me -_-

Im Ok with WHM Thu :3
    (0)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Meeowmix
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    9/10 updates are ones that we could have lived with out.

Most times it makes the game worse or retroactively screws you out of alot of time you spend doing something the hard way.

Other wise we get adjustments that were not actually needed... I beleive this games 1st nail in the coffin was the MPK nerf.. No longer do we get the benefit of natural selection in weeding out the weak and lazy... Catering to the "Idiocy"... Kazam/GC/CN zone line trains were a good thing...

And it has been a reoccuring trend.. That it seems like SE has people that "fix" the game but they dont seem to actually play the game.. At least not for real. I'm sure they play test to check for bugs but how can they really know how real players will make use of what ever crazy new nonsence they pulled out of a hat. AKA despoil...

Many of the job forums have many posts of players that are unhappy with the job they play but.. What are they to do.. switch to a new job they be unhappy with. Thfs and rdms to be on the top of that list... Meanwhile already reamped jobs like sam and mnk that were shining in the ToAU days still get all kinds of love from SE.. Jobs that arent actually needed btw. All so pld and nin cant do the 1 job they are needed for because some other DD job is taking hate and able to tank. And why bother playn other jobs. Blms are invited so we can get a D2 after the event is over. And this isnt even talkn about aby

In aby unless you have nin or mnk + whm, and if you are lucky and someone is leting items go free lots.. if you have war,blm/brd or blu to proc.. who needs you.. No one that is who...

Such a fun game add on.. GJ people @ SE that seem to not play the game whatsoever.

GJ waiting like 7 years to finally nerf the HNM bots ability to prevent everyone else from playn the game properly. Especially now that the gear is mostly useless. Better late then never just dont seem to apply here tbh..

thf needs like 10 more JAs on shared timers I wont ever use.
    rdm needs more spells like silence that wont land even though i have 443 enf magic skill.
    Nin needs to get one shotted by t4ga spells.. who wants to tank magic mobs anyway, let the mnks do it, not like it costs them $ to tank.
    Lets be sure to prevent schs 2hr from stacking with other schs.. Would want a bunch of "smart" jobs getn to gether and having more powerfull spells because of it..
    That would be about as bad as leting DRKs 2hr stack with other drks aginst AV.. Cauz we all know how awesome drk still isnt...
    About as usefull as charm is to bsts in aby.. They say "charm? you mean my bind JA?"... They shoulda just named that lady bug dipper shatty(figure it out)
    Blms should get warpga and just incase they fell asleep from boredom anyone can make them cast it by asking for d3. Like that the usefull jobs dont have to walk home after.
    Brd needs an extreamly small violin to play while they are cryn about having useless buffs.
    Rng should lose 100 gill with every step they take.
    Drg pets should be more usefull then the drg its self.. Makes sence really.
    pup should be happy they are even a job and not an ashtray...
    Pld needs more MP to back up cure since no one is allowed to come rdm and since pld dont tank.

mnk whm war blu dnc... just delete all the other jobs already.. call it a nerf no one will notice. A step further.. just delete all other zones becides PJ and aby zones and no one will notice.

Seriously though.. Its like they are asleep at the wheel.. Driving blind... Possably just dont care.. Not sure really.

99 content has to be better then this... Oh wait I just jinxed it didnt i...
    (2)

thf needs like 10 more JAs on shared timers I wont ever use.
    Sounds like you should play Summoner. Or Dancer, those also have plenty of shared timers. In third place you could try COR, but it doesn't feel as restricted as the previous two.

Personally though, I envy the PUPs who got pet subtle blow. I said earlier this year that SE needs to give it to all pet jobs so people will stop whining about "pet feeding TP!!!". Now you'll only ever see PUP's allowed to melee with pets, except they'll probably not invite the PUP to begin with.

I also bet 1 million that the BLM ability that does "Target person cast next spell for 0 MP" does not work on Blood Pacts. Which means the second most MP heavy job, gets no benefit from it, and it is just there for circle jerking BLMs to cast on each other.

Apart from that it seems like a fine update to me. I'm not thrilled about stunga, but I'll consider it as awesome as all my other wards.
    (0)

Player
    COR got screwed? The ability to use 3 rolls and a proper XI roll-fix is not being screwed.

Anza wrote a beautiful piece on the COR forums about how great the changes could be for addressing issues Corsairs currently have, I suggest you read it over.

If we want to talk about "screwed", I direct you to THF who have gone from dashing rogues to thick-headed high school jocks.
    (5)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast