Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

dev1024 - healing magic

Sad to see that still no cure V for Scholar or Red Mage. This is a spell we could make great use of, please let us help cure our party members better.
    (7)

Character
    Solbadgirl
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    level whm bro, or bring a whm friend
    (3)

Character
    Gaiben
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Yes, they said they were going to add something to help with this. I guess all those RDM complaining that there sword abilities where good enough ruined it for us. Though I won't complain about getting raise III and reraise III on SCH, I have had a scroll waiting for that since December.
    (1)

Character
    Saefinn
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    We got Embrava though. I think it should be a normal spell to be honest. If you think about it, we Helix + Nuke for more damage, why not Embrava + Cure for more heals, we don't get any regen spells that are potent enough to follow our 'over time' aspect and our Adloquium spell isn't that great. Embrava as a potent Regen/Regain spell would make SCH more useful. I've always felt our DoTs were there to help us multi-task or to deal more damage on top of nukes. I've wanted to do the same with Regen, but in the higher levels it's not viable, in lower levels, I'd use a Regen to keep people happy and nuke a couple of times then repeat.

If Embrava is potent, then it's a shame it's a 2hr spell. But we shall see how useful these new additions are.
    (1)
    Last edited by Saefinn; 08-20-2011 at 03:33 AM.
    Saefinn on Asura
    Main Jobs: Corsair: i117, Scholar: i117, Monk: i117, Summoner: i117

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Given the proven potency of Klaustra, I feel Embrava will have a similar potency, providing high initial cure followed by a potent regen/regain effect + haste. My estimate is 50-100/tic regen, 5-10/tic regain, and your standard magic haste. I also expect this to be Accessionable much like its Dark Arts counterpart. Just a theory. I'm sure we'll be given plenty of opportunities to play with it.
    (1)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Tazz
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    @ DebbieGibson I have whm leveled but thats not the issue.

DNC and even a blue mage can achieve more HP cured than a rdm or a scholar who are supposed to be able to use both schools of magic (white and black) with good (not great) proficiency. Cure V will not eliminate then need/desire for whm either, at least not in my opinion. WHM is such a powerful healer, yet I never get to play on RDM on SCH anymore because poeple always want my whm. We get cure IV (SCH55 and RDM48) yet we go 40-47 levels without any more curing magic...

As far as Tabula Rasa Embrava curing goes, regardless of what it does, is not a viable main healing option. Maybe its just a rant, but I do know others are both opposed and for CURE V for other mages.

One solution/idea I have is to allow normal enmity rules for Cure V for rdm and sch, and allow whm to still have the same enmity gained from cure V and cure III. It just seems silly to have these rdm and sch, who are supposed to be a hybrid mages, unable to cast a basic spell to recover HP.
    (0)

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think most SCH's are a bit disappointed with this update. I feel that now is a good time to throw out our suggestions to the Dev team once again. I know most of you out there are more creative than me when it comes to suggesting new ideas, but I will give it a go.

Cure V would be the easiest way to improve our healing aspect. It would also be the least creative and do nothing for helping establish SCH as a unique class. Our DOT spells are our most unique aspect and seem like the best way to go. The problem with DOT healing, however, is that if your tank takes huge damage you do not have the luxury of waiting 10 ticks to get his HP back up. In order to make this a viable route, we would need general buffs to all aspects of our Light Arts. I also think that a good balancing factor may be to make us proficient at single target healing, but not party-wide healing. This would allow WHM to maintain a distinct advantage. (And I don't just mean the Curaga spells. Being able to cycle between Cure V and VI(as inefficient as it is) allows WHM to heal multiple party members rapidly after a devastating AOE move.)

1) Healing Helix - Let's call it "Sanare." It would have to be more potent than Regen IV, but not so powerful that you cast it once and go afk. I think the idea should be for it to be used in conjunction with Cure IV. The only problem is that it would completely render the Regen spells useless, unless they were stackable.

The other option is to give SCH a Job Trait or Stance that improves the potency of all Regen type spells. I don't know how potent the dot needs to be to make this viable.

2) Improved Stratagem Usage
    SCH has a lot of stratagems at its disposal that could help with our healing. The problem is that we don't have enough of them to rely on in a main healing situation AND it is too time consuming to have to use Rapture, Penury, Tranquility before each cure. Perhaps we could have a "sub-stance" or job ability that is available only in Light Arts. While under this effect, you receive 2 uses for each stratagem. So if you use Rapture, it will be applied to your next 2 cures, etc. There obviously needs to be a penalty, but the only thing I can think of is making Dark Arts inaccessible for a set period of time.

3) Improvement of Existing Spells
    I am mainly referring to the Animus spells. If these spells actually worked, they would give us a way to handle the enmity issues of Cure IV. I would also add the storm spells to this list. If they were given additional effects, offensive or defensive, then it would help group kill faster or take less damage. Both would help lessen the curing load of the SCH.

4) Meriting Light Arts
    Perhaps the next set of merits can include merits to Light (and Dark) Arts. For example, you could merit effects like enmity decay or casting time.

5) Gear
    SCH is often excluded from a lot of the mage equipment. Adding the job to pieces like Roundel or having it be the second job on the WHM pieces instead of SMN could also be helpful. They've started doing this for BLM/SCH so hopefully they would be more open to doing this for white magic based pieces.

Also, it would be nice if we actually knew what our AF3 body does or perhaps have the enmity effect changed would also help.

What does everyone else think?
    (7)
    Last edited by Sasaraixx; 08-20-2011 at 08:38 PM.

Character
    Chaosi
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 95
    Honestly it is a disappointment to notice there are no new unique spells or abilities for SCH! Kaustra and embrava cannot be counted. We have these spells at our disposal only for about 90 seconds (post-update) every two hours. The rest of the time we can keep on being a semi-gimpy healer. Dark arts doesn't really need too much work but we certainly lack our NEW unique spells!

Where are they? Why does every other Mage job gain new utility spells but SCH doesn't? Do not misunderstand. It's great other mage jobs are getting new toys (myself being a Black Mage too).
    But Tier II Storms, Tier II Helix would be a no-brainer and as a first tier of them is already existent, it just cannot be too hard to make them.

There were many good ideas post, I certainly liked the idea of fireback spells, a kind of "traps" laid out on the mob.
    There is not even a buff to our existing unique spells and the level cap is being upped again and there isn't a single one for us!

I'd happily trade Embrava and Kaustra for usefull spells usable the rest of the 118,5 minutes! I'd forfeit raise and reraise3 too.
    (0)

Character
    Frejan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I think that, if they want to make us regen-type spells experts, we need REALLY powerful regens to begin with. Regen IV is 30/tick, well, if we aren't getting Cure V or something similar, we need a regen-type spell that does at least 80-100 per tick. And even then, it would take the spell a good 30 seconds minimum to heal somewhat close to a Cure V. A healing helix would be nice... If only for the fact that, if it's going to tick every 10 seconds, it should heal at least 500 HP per tick, something I doubt they will do.

I really hope they surprise me with a unique spell that makes us competent at main healing but inferior to WHMs, because I don't see an easy way.
    (1)
    Frejan from Ragnarok, at your service.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    What if they added a potent regen to cure3? So cure4 > Cure3 w/ regen, cure4 again?

Sounds like a dumb idea to me too, but maybe heading in the right direction?

There isn't really much of a substitute for just giving us a higher tier cure though.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast