Thread: SCH Relic(?)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

SCH Relic(?)

I saw the bluemages post a thread about them getting access to the relic weapon excalibur, and it brought this idea to me. I think it is about time SCH and DNC got thier own "relic" type of weapons. However these would be new weapons with a new storyline. They should be tied to WoTG and not dynamis. What I envision is a quest that ties the past scholar storyline to the present scholar storyline dealing with Schultz, and the (SPOILER ALERT) murder of the scholars following the crystal war. Through this quest you show the people of vanadiel the greatness that was sch and remind them of tradegy that has befallen the scholars (End Spoiler) , and in the end, a new source of power is created.

Quest requirements/Things you need to get.
    -All 3 WotG nation storylines complete.
    -Completion of WoTG.
    -1 Item that cost 250k allied notes from each nation. (this really wouldn't take as long as you think :P).
    -Victory in the 3 Stronghold BCNMs, SCNMS, and victory in Fiat Lux. (this is the hard part haha)
    -Medal of altana (obvious)
    -Two money item gathering quests, one for light arts, one for dark arts. (Got to include a price somewhere knowing SE).

This should be a quest that you and Schultz constantly have to go between the two time zones to complete. (Spoiler) He does transcend time being immortal and all so this shouldn't be an issue. (End Spoiler)

Reward:

Oblitus (Meaning Forgotten in Latin, named in memory of the forgotten tradegy. I would prefer forgotten ones, but I don't know that phrase in latin. Google fails me!)

Reasonable Stats:

Oblitus (Grimoire) All Races (goes into ammo slot)
    INT +5 MND +5
    Magic Atk. Bonus + 5
    Cure Potency +5
    Enhances Light Arts
    Enhances Dark Arts
    Enhances Manifestation/Accession (no other gear enhances these two powerful abilities, so lets leave it the relic!)
    Lv. ?? (Not sure what lvl to start at because WoTG finale is lvl 85 content right? meh)
    (Augmentable via magian trials)

Unreasonable Stats: (one can dream right)
    Same as above, maybe with slight boost, but adds the following:
    Enahnces Helixes
    Some cool new spell or ability (Can't come up with anything)
    (0)
    Last edited by Pebe; 10-31-2011 at 03:03 AM.

Character
    Jamesy
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    somewhat of a cool idea be better if it was in main hand form i doubt se will ever be serious about this though
    (0)

Character
    Erinael
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Well.. kind of silly not to describe what you want "enhances" to be in your own item idea.

But besides that, you want a relic ... ammo?
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Well if you think about it, School has always kinda broken the mold, beginning with our AF weapon. I think a relic ammo piece would be a nice deviation from the norm considering our grimore additions always go to the ammo slot.
    (1)

Player
    That idea is far to overpowered for a Relic weapon. If Scholar got a Relic Grimoire it will be the equivalent of Gjallarhorn.

I see no reason why it shouldn't be pushed in Dynamis, either. There's a black version of the Blood Grimoire in the dats, perfect for an Animated Grimoire. Stats wise I think the base stats (Lv.75 version) would be limited to something like:

INT +2 MND +2
    Elemental skill +4, Healing skill +4, Dark skill +4, Enhancing +4, Enfeebling +4
    Stratagems +1
    (that's almost perfectly scales to what Gjallarhorn is stats wise)

Stratagems +1 could be one of two things, an extra Stratagem charge bringing the total up to 6 or (people may be starting to get the idea that I really want this in some form) allowing Stratagems to last for an extra spell cast. Since by the Lv.99 version I'd expect at least Stratagems +2 I'd expect the first suggestion to be better unless the duration is increased as well; getting three spells off in one minute sounds unlikely or at least stupid for nuking. Another possibility is it just reduces the recast by a certain amount; probably the least game changing of the three.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sotek; 11-04-2011 at 09:05 AM.

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    what do you want the crimson grimoiore?
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I never really liked the relic storylines, there didn't seem to be much backstory behind them. There was some but I desire more :P. Although, I guess implementing it in dynamis would be easier. The way you have it sotek seems a little underpowered. It seems like a savant's tratise +1. Usually relic have something game changing about them from the get go.(besides claustrum Q.Q) For example, Namas arrow and coronach's massive effect on enmity control, catastrophe allowing drks to be self sufficient and not mp sponges. Bravura massive defense down on mob, increasing over all damage of entire party. Gjallhorn, made mp management a thing of the pass when it first came with it's unprecedent amounts of ballad refresh. There are a few weapons that lack special effects like this, IE guttler mandau and excalibur(although i believe this was the best pld dps weapon of the time, that add effect is delicious). But they are still the best damage dealing WEAPONS of there time and even now. Farsha and twastar i believe fail in comparison, well this is what my friends told me at least.

Because the grimoire is not a weapon, as you said comparing it to gjallhorn would be best. And when a bard received gjallhorn back in the day, they where on a whole different level than bards without it. Even know gjallhorn has no equal and they are even thinking of adding massacre elegy(overpowered much?) to gjallhorn. This is why I believed the grimore should do the same thing. Because it is not a weapon, it should enhance an aspect of our job that puts us on a whole different level than the sch's without it. Therefore it becomes something sch wants to work toward. The stratedgem +1 idea is good as it increases our stratedgem frequency by alot, but I feel it needs more. Perhaps:

Augments Light Arts, Augments Dark Arts: Inreases the mp reductions and casting time and recast reduction of the arts. This would help us keep up with blms in terms of elemental celerity and stay ahead of whms in terms of mp effiency. That used to be our big thing back in the day, the most mp efficient job of all the mages.

Or if we want to get crazy. We could put a range elemental weaponskill on the grimoire >.> It would change from a divine magic skill attack to a dark magic skill attack base on the arts that are up. Put our unusued divine skill to the test! It would just appear underneath whatever weaponskills we have with the current equipped weapon. It would be like leaden saulte and wildfire where weapon damage means nothing. Can put those dusty wings to use in voidwatch XD (although mkyrk (can't spell this to save my life) would probably be a better use).

Ok that is enough living in fantasy land hahaha.
    (0)
    Last edited by Pebe; 11-07-2011 at 03:20 AM.

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I'll be blunt. It's not happening.

The closest SCH will get to a relic weapon is if SE add SCH to Mjollnir or Claustrum. And I seriously doubt any SCH wants that.
    (0)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Sadly you are probably right sargent, but it would be sooooooooooooo easy to add a relic grimoire /sigh.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebe View Post
    Sadly you are probably right sargent, but it would be sooooooooooooo easy to add a relic grimoire /sigh.
    It would be much easier to just shove them on a pre-existing Relic, yet they still wont do that.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast