Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    As promised:

Originally Posted by Konq
    I am very happy that “Subtle Blow” has been added to Automaton’s job traits. I feel that you guys paid attention to our feedback. Does “Subtle Blow” being added as an attachment also mean that its efficiency will be lowered?
    The efficiency of “Subtle Blow” will not be lowered just because it may be added as an attachment also! It will have the same efficiency as Wyvern and other pets.

Originally Posted by unyotaka
    I am genuinely happy about the addition of abilities, but I feel that a lot of puppetmaster’s learned abilities should be able to be used at lower levels. The only ability after Lv15’s Repair is a merit point ability.
    I understand that puppetmaster does not have many job abilities, and I am thinking about adding abilities in the mid range.

For example, since it is difficult to remove status ailments from Automatons, I am considering an ability with a separate timer from that of Repair, that uses Automaton Oil to remove status ailments. (Higher quality Automaton Oil will remove more status ailments)

Automaton Oil: Removes 1 status ailment
    Automaton Oil+1: Removes 2 status ailments
    Automaton Oil+2: Removes 3 status ailments

Originally Posted by Kylme
    It is very convenient that Cooldown has the ability to relieve overload instantly.
    You are pretty sharp!
    Cooldown has 2 effects.

1. When this ability is used, the burden on the Automaton is halved.
    2. If the Automaton is overloaded, the overload status will be removed.

There have been some comments saying that this ability should be available at a lower level, but due to the extent of its effects and considering the effects of Kenkonken, we decided that this ability should be learned at level 95.

Regarding puppetmaster not having many effects, please look at the previous response.

Originally Posted by kushinada
    Please don’t forget to adjust the attachments’ elemental energy also, and not just attribute points.
    Yes, of course.
    As we are adjusting their efficiency, their elemental energy will be reviewed as well.
    An example of our ideas about adjusting attachments is changing the “Enhances Defense” of Armor Plate to “Reduce physical damage taken.”

Originally Posted by Kanopuu
    Originally Posted by Mocchi
    If the opponent casts spells, Silence will be cast automatically.
    However, considering the following actions:
    ・Cast Silence on Crab (unless you have a scanner)
    ・Silence is not cast on Ninja Yagudo and Bard Yagudo
    it would be best if, “Silence is cast on opponents with MP. Silence is not cast on opponents without MP, even if they cast spells,” rather than, “Silence is cast on opponents that cast spells.”
    It seems like my description was a bit vague. Your understanding is correct.
    To reword what I said:

If you don’t have a scanner:
    Determine whether the opponent has MP or not, cast Silence if the opponent has MP.

If you have a scanner:
    Determine whether the opponent has MP or not.
    Also, determine if the opponent casts spells and evaluate the accuracy of the opponent’s spells.
    If there is a possibility of Silence having benefit, Silence is cast.

On a side note, when we’re reviewing all of the attachments, we will also review the effects of scanner.

Originally Posted by Kanopuu
    Originally Posted by Mocchi
    It seems like the Automaton continues to cast Silence on an opponent with complete resistance. There is a possibility that this is a bug, so we will check this on our end too.
    There are probably many cases, but I will list 2 specific examples:
    ・Mx'ghrah in Abyssea-Misareaux
    ・Ob in Alzadaal Undersea Ruins

In both cases, the Automaton (with scanner and tranquilizer) casts Silence over and over again, but the spell is resisted every time.

Thank you for your report.
    We have confirmed that Silence was in fact being cast on an opponent with resistance.

We are investigating the causes of this bug, but it seems to be a very deep rooted problem.
    I am sorry about the inconvenience. Please give us some time to fix this problem.

Originally Posted by Luk
    ・I have another issue about scanner that I would like to be reviewed.
    When battling Eruca in Abyssea-Attohwa with scanner equipped, the Automaton had a Spiritreaver head and Stormwalker frame, but did not use any spells during the battle. Please fix this problem.
    When scanner is equipped, judgments are made based on the accuracy of spells, so if the Automaton’s skill levels are low or if the opponent’s resistance is high, no spells will be cast.

Upon confirmation, spells were cast against Blazing Eruca in Abyssea-Attohwa when skill levels were sufficiently high, so please work towards raising your skill levels. (In fact, when I had the scanner equipped while raising my magic skill level, no spells were cast, and I was a bit confused…how embarrassing…)
    (9)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    It sounds good Anything that sounds like bonus instead a nerf I support.
    (0)

Character
    Tanzaw
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordscyon View Post
    It sounds good Anything that sounds like bonus instead a nerf I support.
    I think the only Nerf PUP ever got was the Magic Morter nerf, right?
    (0)

Character
    Shuffles
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    "I think the only Nerf PUP ever got was the Magic Morter nerf, right?"

Nope
    (0)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by xbobx View Post
    "I think the only Nerf PUP ever got was the Magic Morter nerf, right?"

Nope
    Off the top of my head...

Magic Mortar, Activate/Deactive, Armor Piercer... I know there are more, but I can't think of them.

The Act/Deact thing wasn't a huge deal because folks figured out how to make it work anyway, but yeah, a nerf is a nerf.

Physical Damage Down instead of Defense Up is exciting, I imagine the Magic Defense attachments will get the same treatment. I'd really like to hear a list of the currently proposed changes for attachments -- even if they end up being different by the time they are patched in. How great would it be if Valoredge actually becomes able to tank by the end of this.
    (2)
    Last edited by Horadrim; 08-25-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    The efficiency of “Subtle Blow” will not be lowered just because it may be added as an attachment also! It will have the same efficiency as Wyvern and other pets.
    People honestly care about pet subtle blow anymore? Anything that it would matter on has so much natural regain that the effect becomes non-existant.

I understand that puppetmaster does not have many job abilities, and I am thinking about adding abilities in the mid range.

For example, since it is difficult to remove status ailments from Automatons, I am considering an ability with a separate timer from that of Repair, that uses Automaton Oil to remove status ailments. (Higher quality Automaton Oil will remove more status ailments)

Automaton Oil: Removes 1 status ailment
    Automaton Oil+1: Removes 2 status ailments
    Automaton Oil+2: Removes 3 status ailments
    My inventory says "how about something that doesn't require consumables?", while my brain wonders "if this was added, would you also adjust the effect of pup's AF boots?"

You are pretty sharp!
    Cooldown has 2 effects.

1. When this ability is used, the burden on the Automaton is halved.
    2. If the Automaton is overloaded, the overload status will be removed.

There have been some comments saying that this ability should be available at a lower level, but due to the extent of its effects and considering the effects of Kenkonken, we decided that this ability should be learned at level 95.

Regarding puppetmaster not having many effects, please look at the previous response.
    while this is convenient, please, please, please, please, please tell me you're not using KENKONKEN as the norm for puppetmasters, because that's just silly... For a pup with half a brain, burden doesn't affect anything other than ice-spam heavy spiritreaver play, and even then it's just a matter of adjusting your gear a little and knowing your timing. This JA would really be a lot more effective if you added it at, say, 50, and had the burden decrease scale as your level goes up (capping at 50% at 95)

Yes, of course.
    As we are adjusting their efficiency, their elemental energy will be reviewed as well.
    An example of our ideas about adjusting attachments is changing the “Enhances Defense” of Armor Plate to “Reduce physical damage taken.”
    This makes me happy. Very happy. Just please don't take the Equalizer approach to the PDT, because equalizer is fairly useless 80% of the time.

It seems like my description was a bit vague. Your understanding is correct.
    To reword what I said:

If you don’t have a scanner:
    Determine whether the opponent has MP or not, cast Silence if the opponent has MP.

If you have a scanner:
    Determine whether the opponent has MP or not.
    Also, determine if the opponent casts spells and evaluate the accuracy of the opponent’s spells.
    If there is a possibility of Silence having benefit, Silence is cast.

On a side note, when we’re reviewing all of the attachments, we will also review the effects of scanner.
    Yea, that's nice and all, but none of us want to have to waste an attachment slot for something that the puppet should be able to do on it's own, given that npc fellows can (and iirc, you SAID in that update that you made it so puppets wouldn't cast silence needlessly either, but that bit never actually happened. I may be wrong though). This is especially true for ICE slots, because the LAST slot that could be used for fixing something that shouldn't need fixed is the slot that is always full already due to other far more important attachments (manabooster, tranquilizer, loud speakers, ice maker, and tactical processor)

....ok, not tactical processor, lol. Seriously, can you just tell us what it's supposed to do?

Thank you for your report.
    We have confirmed that Silence was in fact being cast on an opponent with resistance.

We are investigating the causes of this bug, but it seems to be a very deep rooted problem.
    I am sorry about the inconvenience. Please give us some time to fix this problem.
    I can accept this answer. Deep rooted AI bugs are obviously difficult to fix, even if they've existed since tranquilzer was released.

When scanner is equipped, judgments are made based on the accuracy of spells, so if the Automaton’s skill levels are low or if the opponent’s resistance is high, no spells will be cast.

Upon confirmation, spells were cast against Blazing Eruca in Abyssea-Attohwa when skill levels were sufficiently high, so please work towards raising your skill levels. (In fact, when I had the scanner equipped while raising my magic skill level, no spells were cast, and I was a bit confused…how embarrassing…)
    This wasn't an issue with the puppet, this was an issue with the player. Spiritreaver always gets buggy when you use the scanner on it, because as far as we can tell, Spiritreaver has the scanner already built in (at least, it has for as long as I've used spiritreaver (since it was released)).

Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    Off the top of my head...

Magic Mortar, Activate/Deactive, Armor Piercer... I know there are more, but I can't think of them.

The Act/Deact thing wasn't a huge deal because folks figured out how to make it work anyway, but yeah, a nerf is a nerf.
    also burtts, puppet deploy hate (a work around exists, but like activate/deactivate, a nerf is a nerf), and.... something, I know there was another one, but I can't remember what it was for the life of me
    (1)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Character
    Linny
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Maybe I'm wrong, but as they explain how Tactical Processor works, and if they change attachements or elemental capacity, maybe it could have an impact on overload, and this ability could be usefull
    (0)

Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'll repeat what was mentioned before and say that this totally does not look like a level 95 job ability.
    Some of the job abilities at 95 look like mini-two hours (Manawell, for example.) To place it on scale, cool down doesn't seem to balance out well. Perhaps if it cleared ALL burden, or if its recast timer was ludicrously low (like, 1:30 or something) then it would make sense.

Otherwise, this looks like an ability that can scale on effectiveness based on player level. Something that can be added somewhere between level 40 and 60, based on abilities from other jobs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Tetsujin; 08-29-2011 at 04:11 AM. Reason: (typo edit)

Character
    Capuchin
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Theytak View Post
    also burtts, puppet deploy hate (a work around exists, but like activate/deactivate, a nerf is a nerf), and.... something, I know there was another one, but I can't remember what it was for the life of me
    Burts was a pretty big one.

Some others over the years:
    * Ventriloquy no longer claiming a mob (loss of our only native claiming tool, an instant JA claim that effectively worked like Provoke with a little shorter range for claiming purposes)
    * In addition to more recent puppet hate modifications, some earlier changes (like the one that removed the ability to solo Diabolos with Spiritreaver)
    * Puppet super fast spell recast (which was obviously a bug, but was a freaking blast)

I personally don't really care much about not getting some great new ability. We got some good new attachments in the July mini-update when most jobs got nothing, we'll get new spells (Thunder V, maybe some WHM spells), H2H skill increase is a bigger buff than most DD jobs just by the nature of how H2H damage is calculated, etc.

A couple minor tweaks with Cooldown and Pet Subtle Blow trait aren't a big deal, but I'd rather have them than not.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsujin View Post
    I'll repeat what was mentioned before and say that this totally does not look like a level 95 job ability.
    Some of the job abilities at 95 look like mini-two hours (Manawell, for example.) To place it on scale, cool down doesn't seem to balance out well. Perhaps if it cleared ALL burden, or if its recast timer was ludicrously low (like, 1:30 or something) then it would make sense.

Otherwise, this looks like an ability that can scale on effectiveness based on player level. Something that can be added somewhere between level 40 and 60, based on abilities from other jobs.
    well, the problem with that logic (in regards to pup, anyway), is that it points out one of two things. A: Overdrive is a horrible 2hour, or B: Cooldown could have been something much more useful if it were taking part of Overdrive (like the enfeeb resistance, or the haste boost).

Don't get me wrong, I like overdrive, I just don't feel that it's really got the game changing ability that warrants a 2hour recast timer like most other 2hours do. Now, if SE were to split it into two abilities, one allowing maneuver spam w/o overload, and one giving the short term buffs to enfeeb resistance, attack speed, damage, and (NOT MAGIC DAMAGE *puprage*), and then throw them each on to 20 minute timers.... and actually, give us role reversal and ventriloquy at like, level 30 and 50, and replace their T2 merit slots with the new split up overdrive.... and then give us a real 2hour....

now that would be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Anza View Post
    Burts was a pretty big one.

Some others over the years:
    * Ventriloquy no longer claiming a mob (loss of our only native claiming tool, an instant JA claim that effectively worked like Provoke with a little shorter range for claiming purposes)
    * In addition to more recent puppet hate modifications, some earlier changes (like the one that removed the ability to solo Diabolos with Spiritreaver)
    * Puppet super fast spell recast (which was obviously a bug, but was a freaking blast)

I personally don't really care much about not getting some great new ability. We got some good new attachments in the July mini-update when most jobs got nothing, we'll get new spells (Thunder V, maybe some WHM spells), H2H skill increase is a bigger buff than most DD jobs just by the nature of how H2H damage is calculated, etc.

A couple minor tweaks with Cooldown and Pet Subtle Blow trait aren't a big deal, but I'd rather have them than not.
    the vent one was the one I as forgetting, thanks. I don't personally count fixing obvious bugs as nerfs, though, with the exception of magic mortar, because that wasn't an obvious bug, and whether or not it was a bug is debatable. Still, I agree, cooldown/SB will be nice. Not game changing; just convenient.
    (0)
    Siren Server since 2004
    AKA Lady Jinte of Allakhazam
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Nutcracker had trained for years to crush the crotch and/or obliterate the ovaries of each and every monster in Vana'diel. Not even some weird thing that fish have called a "cloaca" could stem his robotic rage towards reproductive bits.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast