Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Anyone actually having FUN?!

Reading all the negativity here can sometimes get you down, although a lot of it is valid. Just thought I'd start a thread about things people are doing that they are enjoying

At the moment I am levelling WHM. I swore I'd never do it but one of my friends decided we should level the job we least want to level to see what it's like. (Masochist?) Anyway, it's pretty good fun and I'm getting a kick out of the amazing cures I can do (admittedly in Abyssea) compared to my RDM. Nothing much, just some fun I'm having right now

I'm also trying to get raise III from the Pot BCNM. It's 900,000 on Lakshimi and I don't want to pay it. Been 14 times with no drop, but it's fun to whack the hell out of that Air Pot with my Garuda

Anyone got anything positive to contribute just for the fun of it?
    (0)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    I'm still having a lot of fun with this game.

I'm even leveling a job from 1-90 on my second character, which still is fun to do without having to grind out the levels anymore.

Plus, people like to hear more about the negative aspects of anything more than the positive aspects of anything. Why do you think that the news report killings, fires, disasters, the Obama Administration, and all the other bad things that are happening in the world more than happy things like people donating millions of dollars to charities, marriages (unless its a Hollywood marriage, which will end up as a divorce or murder in 1 year anyway), and overall peace in most of the world.
    (4)
    Last edited by Korpg; 08-19-2011 at 01:45 AM.

Player
    I sure am!

I am part of an End-Game shell, which means we do tons of Abyssea. Instead of the variety of events we used to have have to try and balance, End-Game is consolodated into a single event that everyone has an interest in. Our group is pretty solid, and we churn out Empyreans like a giant factory. Getting gear is a sure thing, not like before. You just have to be patient enough to stand around wait until you can proc, and before you know it, you're practically drowning in gear! And as a bonus, you get so many experience points that leveling is a mere formality, as the saying goes. Going afk for a little bit (or longer) is no biggie with the kind of power an alliance has, so it really doesn't matter if I'm there or not, which is reassuring when you think about it. FFXI is easier and more rewarding than ever. If that isn't fun, I don't know what is. See you all in September!
    (0)

Hey! i have a thread like this already!

But i cant find it :|
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm having fun pursuing a Mythic.

Less than a month ago, I had 0/3 Beastking wins, no assaults done, 65k NI tokens, 0 Alexandrite, 5k Ampuoles, and 0/3 T4 ZNM Trophies.
    Now I have 3 Beastking wins, 6/50 assaults done, 82k/150k NI tokens, 21k/30k Alexandrite, 10k/100k Ampuoles, and 1/3 T4 ZNM Trophy.

I'm worried about how boring the process will be once I'm done the other requirements and just sitting waiting for Einherjar, but at the moment it's quite fun!
    (3)

I'm having fun working on THF, BLM and MNK (which I didn't have enough time to level before) while getting some WHM gear and helping friends get their items. Oh, also trying to be helpful to new people that come across. Always fun to welcome new players and give them guidelines.
    (1)

Character
    Leonlionheart
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 95
    /comfort karb

I'm having bunches of fun doing Salvage, WoE, and Aby. WoE is my favorite event, even if the rewards suck. Of course, it's like the only event that people actually want you on SMN. But I like the competition within your party aspect, which I believe is what they are getting rid of :<. Oh well, Salvage and Aby are still super fun.
    (1)

Character
    Golovko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    No not really, a perpetual cycle of grinding utility jobs, raising crafts and various other money sinks, triggering !!s, grinding KI, upgrading magian trials, it's all one big chore. None of this shit feels very fun, or is very fun. I'm not sure why I do it, and the only time I feel all that much enjoyment is when I'm winning lots on items I need. Here's hoping the genuinely new content is free of triggers and KI spawns, and is actually fun while letting you play the job you want to play.
    (0)

Character
    Thonuwan
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Im having all kinds of fun. I just got BLU up to 90 and most of the good spells which was fun. I need to skill up quite a bit though. Next Im looking at getting SAM leveled, but the thing Im most excited about is getting back to DRG.
    (1)

Character
    Upokupo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 90
    I'm having loads of fun as well. I love all the changes that have been made since the old days and making leveling less of a chore. I even managed to cap a job! Exploring some of the content that is there to play (read story). I think that the game has taken a more casual friendly stance and I think it's a good thing overall.

I have had a really great time going through the Adventuring Fellow quests to level/bond with my npc. I thought that was very creative.
    (1)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast