Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    I agree because they removed the dreamlands zones from the game.

....They didn't? Huh weird. Guess nothing was eliminated.
    So an event that plays very differently from another is the same event simply because they take place in the same zone? No, that's silly.

Neo-dynamis might be superficially similar, but it provides a distinctly different experience than old dynamis did.
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I don't get the subjob restriction requirement for getting the new items to drop. That's just silly.
    (2)

Character
    Kingnobody
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 94
    This is just another complaint thread about somebody not liking change.

When the change would help everyone else out, they don't like it because they don't like change, they want to stay the same forever. Which doesn't happen to an evolving game like this....

If you want continuity without change, play an offline game.
    (2)

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonicpagan View Post
    Us old school dynamis shells don't welcome this change. It wasn't needed.
    I understand. It sucks when a pyramid scheme collapses. Ya, ya...I know I'll hear "We helped people get relic gear", which was mostly mediocre and inventory -1 except for a few choice pieces. Nearly every "old school" dynamis was a big scheme using the labor of many grunts to funnel the real benefits of dynamis (relic weapons) to a select few, especially in the early stage of the event (it did get better when gil payments from coins got more common).

When I first got into endgame, I remember dynamis being the event that I *had* to do the endgame content I really wanted to do and I hated it. It took too long. No one wanted to try new strategies. It became boring and tedious. If you had fun with it, that's great. I found that no matter how good the company was, the event itself was still awful.

I've done dynamis some since the update and although it's still tedious to me, I don't get the same knot of dread in the pit of my stomach when I look at the ls calender (though it does help being in an ls that does payouts). No more 4 hours treks through Sandy and Bastok for the 4000th time (I love the two hour time limit). No more same stale route that got old four years ago. The satisfaction of pulling a monk out of 100 Fists or a thief out of perfect dodge after proccing. People who are motivated to build relics or farm relic on their own time can....without having to use the labor of an entire ls (ya, ya...I know, dynamis was low mannable before). I've even found that If I'm bored I'll even join people if they want to do go to dynamis. Before the changes, I always prayed my wife would have a chore for me to do or would have to work overtime on dynamis night.

Still, the changes to CoP dynamis are puzzling. I personally thought SE would leave them alone to give players the choice of doing neo-dynamis or old style dyanmis. Dynamis adjustments could have meant so many things (more nms, adding of a point system using dynamis currency, item drops in neo-dynamis that could used for synergy augments). Kinda boring they just extended the system to CoP zones.
    (6)

Character
    Gallus
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Lol after reading the news article, the first thing that came to mind was, "wonder how many bitching threads are up?" Get real. The new dynamis zones are a blast, have decent new drops that make them rewarding, and bring fresh new life to an activity that played out exactly the same every time you entered. Most people ignore Dreamland Dynamis and find it to be a waste of time. This will fix that and make entry a much more rewarding and much less expensive activity. I can assure you a great deal more people are happy with the changes than are unhappy. Quit bitching and be glad you'll have something new to do with your Dynamis Shell besides trying to get people to go along for the ride to fund your relic.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gallus; 08-20-2011 at 05:29 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    I don't get the subjob restriction requirement for getting the new items to drop. That's just silly.
    Difficulty.

Oh and it discourages lone NIN/DNCs from soloing.
    (1)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

I'm a bit confused on the newer dynamis changes as far as sub-jobs go, you can enter in now (with) sub-jobs???
    (0)

Hail to the king baby, Sig by Kingfury

Player
    You choose to enter with or w/o subjob. No sj = mystery bonus loot.

After entering with no sj, you can put SJ on at any time but you can't go for the mystery bonus loot. If you enter from the start with sj, you can't remove it for the entirety of the run.
    (1)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Tannlore
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I'm a bit confused on the newer dynamis changes as far as sub-jobs go, you can enter in now (with) sub-jobs???
    Yes but apparently if you enter with your sub-job you will not get drops for stuff that improves relic and relic +1. So no relic +2 for those who enter with sub intact.
    (0)
    My other car is a summoner.

Character
    Anissa
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    The drop rate for all items that enhance relic and relic +1 armor will be unified.
    Certain items required to enhance relic and relic +1 equipment will only drop if support job restrictions are enabled.
    Refinements to the upgrade process for relic and relic +1 equipment are still under consideration. Ingredients, drop rates, and other aspects are subject to change.
    I may be misinterpreting this, but are we getting the opportunity to upgrade to relic +2?
    (0)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast